Author Topic: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.  (Read 16171 times)

Offline jassi

Re: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
As is the speculation fed by Gemma O'Doherty: will that stand up in a criminal court?

Doesn't need to. Any court case will be based on evidence.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »
It would appear that  Brietta is quite happy to accuse Black of a part in Mary's disappearance without evidence but not Mary's family.

I'm not sure how far down the slippery slope of libel you are sliding with that post, maybe John will decide.  But just for the record ... I have not accused Black of having a part in Mary's disappearance ... just as I have not accused anyone else.
What a pity others have not done likewise.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:09 PM »
I'm not sure how far down the slippery slope of libel you are sliding with that post, maybe John will decide.  But just for the record ... I have not accused Black of having a part in Mary's disappearance ... just as I have not accused anyone else.
What a pity others have not done likewise.

So you don't think Black may have had a part in Mary's disappearance?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2018, 05:59:09 PM »
The former Garda sergeant who investigated the case has stated categorically that Blacks involvement was impossible.  I'm not surprised frankly given the location and everything else I personally know about Donegal.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2018, 06:01:43 PM »
The former Garda sergeant who investigated the case has stated categorically that Blacks involvement was impossible.  I'm not surprised frankly given the location and everything else I personally know about Donegal.

Perhaps you can also clarify if I've libelled anyone in my post numbered 88 ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
It would appear that  Brietta is quite happy to accuse Black of a part in Mary's disappearance without evidence but not Mary's family.

Well he is dead.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2018, 06:51:22 PM »
Well he is dead.

The other person mentioned in the post is not, and is easily recognisable to those followers of social media with an interest in "justice" for Mary but with scant regard for an accusation based on nothing more than speculation.

NB the post you are replying to above has been pointed out as being mistaken ... didn't you notice?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2018, 06:54:10 PM »
The other person mentioned in the post is not, and is easily recognisable to those followers of social media with an interest in "justice" for Mary but with scant regard for an accusation based on nothing more than speculation.

NB the post you are replying to above has been pointed out as being mistaken ... didn't you notice?

Saying you are not willing to accuse the family is not libel.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2018, 08:08:30 PM »
Saying you are not willing to accuse the family is not libel.

Thank you for clarifying that Slartibartfast. Perhaps Brietta will now apologise.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2018, 08:09:07 PM »

You bandy such terms as "justice for x" about with gay abandon. Would you object strongly to sharing with us precisely the definition upon which you rely?
If it transpires you do object then perhaps you will be good enough to tell us why that should be so?
Thanking you in anticipation I remain......................
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 08:18:30 PM by slartibartfast »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
'I saw Mary being driven away in a red car'- fisherman believes he saw Mary Boyle (6) being 'lifted'

Catherine Devine 
July 14 2016 12:13 PM

Fisherman PJ Coughlan has said he saw a red Volkswagen Beetle speeding away from the area that Mary went missing ten minutes before he saw Mary’s uncle Gerry frantically searching for her.

“I believe I saw her being driven away in a car. There’s no doubt in my mind she was lifted,” told the Irish Daily Star.
*******************************************************************************************
Coughlan (73) told the Irish Daily Star: “He came to the top of the mountain shouting “Mary, Mary. Where are you?” He was looking for his niece… he was upset surely.”

Coughlan was the first person at the Garda station in Ballyshannon in 1977 to report Mary’s disappearance. He said he told gardai about the car but he claimed that this wasn’t recorded because the gardai already had a suspect.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-saw-mary-being-driven-away-in-a-red-car-fisherman-believes-he-saw-mary-boyle-6-being-lifted-34883293.html

At least one independent witness saw and reported a vehicle in the area that Mary disappeared from ... might have been an idea to trace it to check it out.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2018, 11:09:08 PM »
'I saw Mary being driven away in a red car'- fisherman believes he saw Mary Boyle (6) being 'lifted'

Catherine Devine 
July 14 2016 12:13 PM

Fisherman PJ Coughlan has said he saw a red Volkswagen Beetle speeding away from the area that Mary went missing ten minutes before he saw Mary’s uncle Gerry frantically searching for her.

“I believe I saw her being driven away in a car. There’s no doubt in my mind she was lifted,” told the Irish Daily Star.
*******************************************************************************************
Coughlan (73) told the Irish Daily Star: “He came to the top of the mountain shouting “Mary, Mary. Where are you?” He was looking for his niece… he was upset surely.”

Coughlan was the first person at the Garda station in Ballyshannon in 1977 to report Mary’s disappearance. He said he told gardai about the car but he claimed that this wasn’t recorded because the gardai already had a suspect.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/i-saw-mary-being-driven-away-in-a-red-car-fisherman-believes-he-saw-mary-boyle-6-being-lifted-34883293.html

At least one independent witness saw and reported a vehicle in the area that Mary disappeared from ... might have been an idea to trace it to check it out.

Didn't Black drive a van ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »
They should have investigated the wall he was building/fixing at the time or any other foundations/building work.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2018, 12:40:15 AM »
They should have investigated the wall he was building/fixing at the time or any other foundations/building work.

Any chance of a link to the image?

Offline pathfinder73

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.