Author Topic: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.  (Read 16011 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: The disappearance of 6-year-old Mary Boyle, Ireland's Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2018, 07:33:30 PM »
Quite right too!  Yet some think Martin Brunt should have been sacked for his doorstepping antics.

They may have behaved in a similar manner, but their reasons and their targets were very different.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2018, 08:49:16 PM »
They may have behaved in a similar manner, but their reasons and their targets were very different.
The principle is the same, doorstepping someone perceived to have done something wrong in order to report it in the media.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:08 PM »
Quite right too!  Yet some think Martin Brunt should have been sacked for his doorstepping antics.

Not quite the same at all Vertigo Swirl.

Gemma O'Doherty was doorstepping a senior policeman who seems to have been breaking the law. Brenda was neither a senior police officer nor breaking the law.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2018, 10:18:20 PM »
Not quite the same at all Vertigo Swirl.

Gemma O'Doherty was doorstepping a senior policeman who seems to have been breaking the law. Brenda was neither a senior police officer nor breaking the law.
So who can and can’t be doorstepped in your view? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2018, 10:24:52 PM »
So who can and can’t be doorstepped in your view?

I would imagine no one who hadn't been arrested or charged now following the Cliff Richard BBC mess.

IMO no individual should ever be doorstepped even those cowboy builders that presenters follow up the street to get ratings up.

Doorstepping is not about news it is about notoriety for the presenter and the TV show IMO.  And IMO that goes for Sonia Poulton who I have read doorstepped the McCanns too before you ask.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2018, 10:44:28 PM »
I would imagine no one who hadn't been arrested or charged now following the Cliff Richard BBC mess.

IMO no individual should ever be doorstepped even those cowboy builders that presenters follow up the street to get ratings up.

Doorstepping is not about news it is about notoriety for the presenter and the TV show IMO.  And IMO that goes for Sonia Poulton who I have read doorstepped the McCanns too before you ask.
So a law against allowing the press to doorstep anyone should be enacted in your view?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2018, 11:29:28 PM »
So a law against allowing the press to doorstep anyone should be enacted in your view?
One of the most popular TV programs in NZ is called "Fair Go" and one of the common occurrences are the reporters doorstepping  the people ripping others off.
There would be riots if that was ever disallowed.   Over here if we don't get service we say "I'll take that to Fair Go"
 and they will take notice.

https://youtu.be/oH-Esm1LjCg
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2018, 11:52:11 PM »

Personally yes, if they haven't been charged with a crime as I said earlier I think Sonia Poulton was very wrong to try to do the same to the Mccanns.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
Personally yes, if they haven't been charged with a crime as I said earlier I think Sonia Poulton was very wrong to try to do the same to the Mccanns.
Personally I think you are talking about restricting the freedom of the press and I disagree with you.  Doorstepping is a very common journalistic practice and not only of people suspected of or involved in criminal activity. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2018, 12:08:20 AM »
Personally I think you are talking about restricting the freedom of the press and I disagree with you.  Doorstepping is a very common journalistic practice and not only of people suspected of or involved in criminal activity.

Don’t you believe that the media doorstepping individuals who are being investigated may jeopardise any future court case ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:08 AM »
Don’t you believe that the media doorstepping individuals who are being investigated may jeopardise any future court case ?
They are civil case matters not criminal matters.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »
Can you give any examples where this has been the case?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »

Just to remind you- citizens have a right to privacy. They do not need to or are obliged to discuss anything with the press. Especially, the doorstepping cheap media hype of no news and fake news.  Freedom of the press was not your main concern with regards to the libel by McCanns thread. They were quite right to sue the newspapers you and other supporters  claimed.  I just wonder if freedom of the press  is a valid argument for you on this thread as it shows hypocrisy is alive and well.

No cite just go to the thread and read!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin