Author Topic: US actor Robin Williams (63) found dead at home  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Admin

US actor Robin Williams (63) found dead at home
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »
US actor Robin Williams (63) found dead at home

US actor and comedian Robin Williams has been found dead, aged 63, in an apparent suicide.

Marin County Police in California said he was pronounced dead at his home shortly after officials responded to an emergency call around noon local time.

Williams was famous for such films as Good Morning Vietnam and Dead Poets Society and won an Oscar for his role in Good Will Hunting.

His publicist said he had been "battling severe depression".

In the past he had talked, and even joked, about his struggles with alcohol and drugs.

Williams had recently returned to a rehabilitation centre to "fine-tune" his sobriety, the Los Angeles Times reported in July.

"At this time, the Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made," police said in a statement.

More...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:55:11 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline puglove

Re: US actor Robin Williams (63) found dead at home
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:05 PM »
Very sad to learn that Robin Williams was so desperately unhappy that he had to take his own life. He was obviously a very complicated man, raging ADHD, but there's no denying that he was a very decent, good-hearted, generous person. A bit of a one-trick pony, but Mrs Doubtfire cancels out Jack and Bicentennial Man.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline sika

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
I've never seen any of his films but always enjoyed his improvised stuff. 

Offline puglove

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »
I've never seen any of his films but always enjoyed his improvised stuff.

I struggled with his impro stuff, a bit tortous and stream of consciousness, self-indulgent ramblings. It didn't work for me.  But I would have loved to see him and Steve Martin doing Waiting For Godot. I bloody love that play.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
I have to say hanging yourself at home to be found by your wife or the staff is self indulgent too! The wife and daughter are obviously devastated .... he should have found another way or better still stayed around to save his family from such pain.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »
They are putting his troubles down to the millions he shelled out to his two former wives in alimony settlements. There must be a lesson there surely?    >@@(*&)

Appears he was forced to work just to pay the bills...sad if true.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
They are putting his troubles down to the millions he shelled out to his two former wives in alimony settlements. There must be a lesson there surely?    >@@(*&)

Appears he was forced to work just to pay the bills...sad if true.

That is sad if true ... I was actually surprised at the family home shown on the news. It's nice but not exactly a mansion in it's own grounds.

Rory MciIlroy got it right .. he couldn't win for 18 months then he dumped his fiancee and won three tournaments on the spin including TWO MAJORS!

Not bad for a 25 year old with a $250 MILLION sponsorship deal with NIKE!

Offline Andrea

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
That is sad if true ... I was actually surprised at the family home shown on the news. It's nice but not exactly a mansion in it's own grounds.

Rory MciIlroy got it right .. he couldn't win for 18 months then he dumped his fiancee and won three tournaments on the spin including TWO MAJORS!

I was suprised at RW's house too, i was expecting a mansion with extensive grounds.

Offline sika

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »

@)(++(* 8@??)(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:35:31 AM by John »