Author Topic: Victim Blaming  (Read 4873 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Victim Blaming
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »
The rapists are the wrong doers AND the women are putting themselves at risk, I'm afraid. They are not doing anything wrong, but they are making it easier for wrong to be done to them.

I disagree. the  female does not go out knowing she will be raped if she gets drunk- that is victim blaming.

My personal opinion is many young women are being sexualised at a very young age, following the trend of sexy pics on social media , and being scantily clad on nights out. Rapist are rapists and target any woman including there own  wives.

You only have to look at the celebrity culture, they all get 'papped' with side boob or  vag snap exiting from a car all the red tops show z list non entities with 'great bodies' in almost not there bikinis, and the newest trend is; see through body suits. It is a fashion being followed , not a tramp stamp to be raped.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 09:47:23 PM »
I disagree. the  female does not go out knowing she will be raped if she gets drunk- that is victim blaming.

My personal opinion is many young women are being sexualised at a very young age, following the trend of sexy pics on social media , and being scantily clad on nights out. Rapist are rapists and target any woman including there own  wives.

You only have to look at the celebrity culture, they all get 'papped' with side boob or  vag snap exiting from a car all the red tops show z list non entities with 'great bodies' in almost not there bikinis, and the newest trend is; see through body suits. It is a fashion being followed , not a tramp stamp to be raped.

People go out and get drunk to have a good time. Of course nobody expects to be raped, and of course people are entitled to have a good time.

It's still risky, though, and, IMO, it isn't victim blaming to point that out. Dancing in the middle of a main road is also risky, and so are lots of other things.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2020, 10:25:05 PM »

I saw a piece on Sky news about domestic abuse being on the increase during the CV lockdown. One woman explained that after her third child & 15 years of abuse from her partner she finally found the courage to leave him.
Imo the stupid cow should have left him the moment he first raised his hand to her.
In staying with him for 15 years she was allowing herself to be beaten.
In that instance I believe she was partly to blame for everything after the first beating.
If a woman ever hit me, they'd find her under a patio years later.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 11:28:23 PM »
I saw a piece on Sky news about domestic abuse being on the increase during the CV lockdown. One woman explained that after her third child & 15 years of abuse from her partner she finally found the courage to leave him.
Imo the stupid cow should have left him the moment he first raised his hand to her.
In that instance I believe she was partly to blame for everything after the first beating.
You seem to have a lot of pent up rage and frustration - it’s nice you have this place to let off a bit of steam now and again but I do think it’s about time mummy confiscated your laptop until you learn to play nicely.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2020, 11:38:09 PM »
You seem to have a lot of pent up rage and frustration - it’s nice you have this place to let off a bit of steam now and again but I do think it’s about time mummy confiscated your laptop until you learn to play nicely.

I've been stuck indoors for a month now with no work, no gym to go to, no swimming pools are open. I now have a further 3 weeks of total boredom to come thanks to the Chinese, the government, the elderly, sick & disabled. I just wish they'd all hurry up & die so I can get on with my life.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 12:29:15 AM »
I've been stuck indoors for a month now with no work, no gym to go to, no swimming pools are open. I now have a further 3 weeks of total boredom to come thanks to the Chinese, the government, the elderly, sick & disabled. I just wish they'd all hurry up & die so I can get on with my life.
Ask Mummy to read you a bedtime story and maybe tomorrow she could take you for a walk to the park? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 10:04:34 AM »

Perhaps she couldn't afford to leave him.

Perhaps she had nowhere to go.

It isn't always easy. Fortunately, I have never been in such a position.