Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240752 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
They were making promises they could not keep!  it is because of a labour government and their EU luvvies immigration policy, the 'young' are getting shoddy watered down education, no access to affordable social housing- unless they have a child, if you are infertile tough luck, and NHS waiting lists are  so long  people really are dying to get admitted- no pun there! They raised stealth  taxes, did nothing about tax evasion and there was no improvements in any of the public services, they also sent soldiers not equipped properly to die in a pointless war!

Let's keep it real people. 8((()*/ 8(0(*

Respect

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #751 on: January 16, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »
Some people may be so shallow, just as some people may be shallow enough to support Cameron because he referred to immigrants as a 'swarm'. This made me wonder why McVey is being attacked?

Esther McVey is committed to and defends sanctioning benefit claimants. She defended the policy at a select committee inquiry into sanctions. The case of a diabetic who died after his electricity was cut off because he was sanctioned and had no money was raised. His sister said 'diabetics can't wait two weeks for a hardship payment to be authorised'

A Labour MP said;

Once again Esther McVey has shown a stunning disregard for the mountain of evidence provided during this inquiry from individuals, academics and organisations who have seen first-hand, or worse experienced, the effect of this government’s inhumane approach to sanctioning, especially against vulnerable people.
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/02/grieving-relative-confronts-dwp-minister-esther-mcvey-after-benefit-sanctions

McVey seems to lack empathy for the disadvantaged of the UK.
You seem to have changed your mind about her recently!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #752 on: January 17, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »
You seem to have changed your mind about her recently!

Not at all. Politicians seak on a range of subjects and are sometimes wrong and sometimes right.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »
Not at all. Politicians seak on a range of subjects and are sometimes wrong and sometimes right.
You must find it incredibly difficult to decide who to vote for.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #754 on: January 17, 2019, 09:08:17 PM »
You must find it incredibly difficult to decide who to vote for.

I have a degree in Politics which I chose because I wanted to understand the subject. I belong to no political party and vote for whoever I think will best represent the area where I live. If I don't have a preferred candidate I vote against the one who will do the most harm in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2019, 10:08:17 PM »
I have a degree in Politics which I chose because I wanted to understand the subject. I belong to no political party and vote for whoever I think will best represent the area where I live. If I don't have a preferred candidate I vote against the one who will do the most harm in my opinion.
Would you vote for Esther McVey if she stood in your constituency?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #756 on: January 18, 2019, 09:28:10 AM »
Would you vote for Esther McVey if she stood in your constituency?

That would depend on her campaign, but I disagree with the Conservative's habit of making life harder for the poorest members of society.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #757 on: January 18, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »
That would depend on her campaign, but I disagree with the Conservative's habit of making life harder for the poorest members of society.
Which no deal Brexit will almost certainly do of course.  And your views on arch Leaver Corbyn insisting on the removal of No Deal from the table?  Insanity, surely?!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #758 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
Which no deal Brexit will almost certainly do of course.  And your views on arch Leaver Corbyn insisting on the removal of No Deal from the table?  Insanity, surely?!

How do you know a no deal Brexit would make the poor poorer? As I said, Corbyn's priority is to force a general election. Is he an arch Leaver?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #759 on: January 18, 2019, 10:36:27 AM »
How do you know a no deal Brexit would make the poor poorer? As I said, Corbyn's priority is to force a general election. Is he an arch Leaver?
Because nearly all the experts say so, and we all know what store you set by them!  Plus it stands to reason IMO if prices go up, EU companies withdraw, jobs in industry are lost, farms and small businesses  go bust owing to withdrawal of subsidies, lack of foreign workers, increased tarriffs on imports and exports, etc.  The poorest and most vulnerable in society will be harmed, hell isn’t that what St Jeremy of Corbyn has said, and why he doesn’t want there to be a no deal, or are you suggesting he’s just playing political games to get into power?  Have you ever checked out his voting record on Europe btw?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #760 on: January 18, 2019, 01:01:20 PM »
Because nearly all the experts say so, and we all know what store you set by them!  Plus it stands to reason IMO if prices go up, EU companies withdraw, jobs in industry are lost, farms and small businesses  go bust owing to withdrawal of subsidies, lack of foreign workers, increased tarriffs on imports and exports, etc.  The poorest and most vulnerable in society will be harmed, hell isn’t that what St Jeremy of Corbyn has said, and why he doesn’t want there to be a no deal, or are you suggesting he’s just playing political games to get into power?  Have you ever checked out his voting record on Europe btw?

I heard yesterday confirmation that Jeremy Corbyn is a "leaver" and that he is only calling for so called "no deal" to be taken off the table as he knows that it will split the Conservatives apart. Nothing to do with him actually wanting a deal or to remain.   Just party politicking as usual.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #761 on: January 18, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »

So 'if' all those things happen, the poor will be poorer? I don't think it's quite so definite. Losing foreign workers might push wages up, for example. I haven't studied Corbyn's views because he seems very ambivalent so I'm not sure what they are.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #762 on: January 18, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »
So 'if' all those things happen, the poor will be poorer? I don't think it's quite so definite. Losing foreign workers might push wages up, for example. I haven't studied Corbyn's views because he seems very ambivalent so I'm not sure what they are.

And that is the way he likes it G-Unit.  8(>((
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #763 on: January 18, 2019, 06:46:02 PM »
How do you think pushing wages up is going to effect prices of goods and services?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #764 on: January 18, 2019, 07:55:54 PM »
How do you think pushing wages up is going to effect prices of goods and services?

They may rise in the sectors which are competing for scarcer workers. In 2015 EU ctizens worked in; (most popular first)

Households. (as nannies and au pairs)
Accomodation and food. (hotels and restaurants)
Admin and Manufacturing
Transport
Construction

Most EU unskilled workers are working for private households, hotels ans restaurants. Rising prices in those sectors are unlikely to impact on the poor.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41176699
Result = happy posting.