Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239503 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
The BBC said Smith changed his mind didn't they? Then they had to change their programme because it wasn't true.

Just as Mr Smith spoke on behalf of his wife ... Mrs Smith spoke on behalf of her husband.  One has to puzzle about why one is acceptable to sceptics while the other is studiously ignored.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »
Everything depends on something Davel. The entire abduction narrative depends on the bedroom door slamming, and Kate seeing the curtain go whoooooosh, imo.

That is a sceptic mantra I would say believed by them all.

I think the disappearance of a little girl from her bed in conjunction with the witness sighting of a man carrying a child away from the apartment block is of far more relevance.

Just because Goncalo had a theory doesn't mean it has to be followed hook line and sinker ... particularly as it lent nothing to the search for a missing child.  When you think about it ... make that X2 failures.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2019, 10:55:39 AM »
I wonder why Redwood opened the can of worms that was the Smith sighting? He must have known Smith's opinion of who it was.

Was that opinion shared by the other witnesses?
Perhaps Redwood took note of their opinions!

Back to my original point of this thread.

In spite of two ongoing investigations which have been lengthy and so far have resulted in no action against Madeleine's parents, and in spite of them being described as not suspects, and in spite of the Netflix documentary which in my opinion was generally supportive of the fact that Madeleine was abducted, do sceptics still believe the McCanns are complicit in Madeleine's disappearance.
I've read the thread so far and see nothing new in your arguments.
What keeps you so steadfast in your beliefs?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2019, 10:58:03 AM »
Just as Mr Smith spoke on behalf of his wife ... Mrs Smith spoke on behalf of her husband.  One has to puzzle about why one is acceptable to sceptics while the other is studiously ignored.

Did she say he'd changed his mind?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2019, 10:59:08 AM »
There never was any evidence that Smith had changed his mind; someone made that up in my opinion.

There is a great deal of evidence that Martin Smith was entirely wrong.  The Judicial police accept that along with the judiciary ... why do sceptics continue to cling to their belief in something so well debunked?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »
Thank You, G.  Yes, I am fine.  Sometimes I find it hard and sometimes I find it more easy to deal with.  Phases of The Moon I suspect.  I am a Lunar Person.

I don't really like being in charge, but someone has to do it.  And I am inordinately fond of this Forum.  It is the only decent one left.  And Oh My God, I have seen a few.

So please all help me, all of you.  It isn't that difficult to cut the snide remarks, which only ever detract from what are mostly perfectly acceptable comments, even if I don't personally agree with some of them.

I firmly believe that we can be affected by the stages of the moon.
There would be days when the children in class were definitely more restless and less inclined to work.
I would check the stages of the moon and invariably it was a full moon.
Keep up the good work.x

Offline Erngath

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »
There is a great deal of evidence that Martin Smith was entirely wrong.  The Judicial police accept that along with the judiciary ... why do sceptics continue to cling to their belief in something so well debunked?

More succinctly put than my rambling effort.
Why indeed?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2019, 11:03:41 AM »
Based on the evidence in Kate's book, I see no reason why I should believe a word she says.

It isn't so much what is not believed ... which I think we can all have a pretty good guess at ... I think the topic is more concerned with the belief system which powers the sceptics and how that came about and developed over the years.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
I wonder why Redwood opened the can of worms that was the Smith sighting? He must have known Smith's opinion of who it was.

Good question.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »
Based on the evidence in Kate's book, I see no reason why I should believe a word she says.

its clear to me SY and the portuguese disagree with you

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
There never was any evidence that Smith had changed his mind; someone made that up in my opinion.

smith and his wife are very supportive of the Mccanns...tahts evidence...I dont think Sith thinks it was Gerry he saw....at the time he thought it might be...but now im sure he knows it wasnt

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2019, 11:24:39 AM »
Thank You, G.  Yes, I am fine.  Sometimes I find it hard and sometimes I find it more easy to deal with.  Phases of The Moon I suspect.  I am a Lunar Person.

I don't really like being in charge, but someone has to do it.  And I am inordinately fond of this Forum.  It is the only decent one left.  And Oh My God, I have seen a few.

So please all help me, all of you.  It isn't that difficult to cut the snide remarks, which only ever detract from what are mostly perfectly acceptable comments, even if I don't personally agree with some of them.

And most of the forum, including myself, are inordinately fond of you. Pushing the hatred card though is simplistic and beneath you.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
I firmly believe that we can be affected by the stages of the moon.
There would be days when the children in class were definitely more restless and less inclined to work.
I would check the stages of the moon and invariably it was a full moon.
Keep up the good work.x

Thanks for that.  I have been aware of this in me for a very long time.  Sometimes I am much more positive than I am at other times, usually at New Moon.

I plant by The Moon, incidentally.  All Breton Farmers do.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
And most of the forum, including myself, are inordinately fond of you. Pushing the hatred card though is simplistic and beneath you.

Gosh.  Thanks for that.

But I don't think I push the hatred card.  I just don't understand it, even if it exists, which I am not sure it does.  But I do worry somewhat about unkindness.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »

Calling supporters "apologists" is simplistic and beneath you.