Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239513 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #735 on: April 11, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
No. It means it was a really odd reaction and there was more to it.

More to what?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #736 on: April 11, 2019, 06:31:44 PM »
I have an unshakeable belief in the right of individuals to the right to the presumption of innocence ... it is the hallmark of a civilised society.

As you have noticed my posts respect not just that one but all human rights.  I wouldn't have it any other way.
Have you been following the mass shooting in NZ?  50 people dead and 40 or more wounded and the whole incident live streamed on Facebook.  A person caught 17 minutes after the incident started.

I'm struggling to presume him innocent.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #737 on: April 11, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
Have you been following the mass shooting in NZ?  50 people dead and 40 or more wounded and the whole incident live streamed on Facebook.  A person caught 17 minutes after the incident started.

I presume and trust that you and yours are safe.
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #738 on: April 11, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »
I'm sure that theory has been discarded as well.
On what basis?  Did he have a watertight alibi for the 3rd of May 2007?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #739 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
I presume and trust that you and yours are safe.
I may be wrong here but I don’t believe Robbitybob is a Muslim worshipper.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #740 on: April 11, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
No. It means it was a really odd reaction and there was more to it.
You just didn’t the look of him and that was that.  Rational, much.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #741 on: April 11, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
On what basis?  Did he have a watertight alibi for the 3rd of May 2007?

Fair enough.
He might still  be a suspect.

Offline The General

« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »
More to what?
How many things do you think I was talking about? It's right there in the post - his odd reaction.

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2019, 06:44:56 PM »
Fair enough.
He might still  be a suspect.

And why don’t you know whether he is ? Could it be due to judicial secrecy ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #744 on: April 11, 2019, 06:45:34 PM »

Yes, it must be difficult in a case such as that, to be on a jury and try to remain with the concept of innocent .

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #745 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
How many things do you think I was talking about? It's right there in the post - his odd reaction.
What would have been a normal reaction to being asked that question in front of the TV cameras and in what way did Gerry’s reaction differ so noticeably from the correct behaviour to display when asked?

Offline The General

« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2019, 06:49:17 PM »
You just didn’t the look of him and that was that.  Rational, much.
Is that the best you've got? 'Didn't like the look of him'? Apart from not even remotely stating that, it wasn't even insinuated. I thought his reaction to the question was odd and was incongruous to the refutation. I'm no body language expert, or speech analyst, and I don't trust the supposed science related to it - but it was pretty starkly obvious.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Erngath

« Reply #747 on: April 11, 2019, 06:50:24 PM »
And why don’t you know whether he is ? Could it be due to judicial secrecy ?

You keep avoiding the question.
Does the fact that two lengthy police investigations have so far not been able to implicate the McCanns of being complicit in their child's disappearance not cast the slightest doubt on your belief?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #748 on: April 11, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »
Is that the best you've got? 'Didn't like the look of him'? Apart from not even remotely stating that, it wasn't even insinuated. I thought his reaction to the question was odd and was incongruous to the refutation. I'm no body language expert, or speech analyst, and I don't trust the supposed science related to it - but it was pretty starkly obvious.

To you?
Or to everyone ?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »

That's it then?
That's the basis for your belief ?