Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242014 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #840 on: April 13, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »
I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics.

Are you accusing me of lying? You seem to be saying I disbelieve the police who wrote the PJ final report, but I believed Amaral, adopted his beliefs, made them the cornerstone of my beliefs and still believe him. You seem to believe you know what I think and whatever I say to the contrary I'm lying.

I find that pretty insulting.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #841 on: April 13, 2019, 11:55:54 AM »
Yes, I know what it means - that why I put it.

As for elucidating - I speak for myself - I don't believe the mcs version of events.

As to list why - I haven't time to sit here all day.

One main belief as the title of the thread - I don't believe a word they say.

That is sad.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #842 on: April 13, 2019, 11:58:45 AM »
Are you accusing me of lying? You seem to be saying I disbelieve the police who wrote the PJ final report, but I believed Amaral, adopted his beliefs, made them the cornerstone of my beliefs and still believe him. You seem to believe you know what I think and whatever I say to the contrary I'm lying.

I find that pretty insulting.

"Adopted" is probably the operative word.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #843 on: April 13, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
That is sad.

I know - I would love to sit here all day.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #844 on: April 13, 2019, 12:24:15 PM »
Amaral, by no means, is an honourable man.  He never was.  He is a serial philander, a thief and a liar, and was so long before Madeleine disappeared.

Anyone who would put their faith in him has got a serious problem.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #845 on: April 13, 2019, 01:00:31 PM »
Amaral, by no means, is an honourable man.  He never was.  He is a serial philander, a thief and a liar, and was so long before Madeleine disappeared.

Anyone who would put their faith in him has got a serious problem.

Just the same as I would think - putting your faith in the mcs

Offline Lace

« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2019, 01:23:22 PM »

Just the same as I would think - putting your faith in the mcs

I put my faith in the McCann's as there is no way they could have hidden Madeleine's body somewhere where no one could find her in a place they had never visited before and the time line in which they had to do it,  impossible.  Also there is no way they could have changed from laughing and joking with friends to absolute non functioning sobbing hysterical parents  no way at all.

Amaral was under pressure to get results,  it was a god send to him for the dogs to signal.   He ignored the warnings from our lab to wait for the end results of the DNA he didn't wait and rushed to report there was 100% DNA of Madeleine's in 5a,  there wasn't he was wrong.  Unfortunately he wouldn't listen and with the dog alerts and DNA he made the McCann's arguido's from then on the search for Madeleine ended.  The McCann's were guilty as far as he was concerned and sealed what he thought with his book.  IMO

Offline kizzy

« Reply #847 on: April 13, 2019, 01:38:44 PM »
I put my faith in the McCann's as there is no way they could have hidden Madeleine's body somewhere where no one could find her in a place they had never visited before and the time line in which they had to do it,  impossible.  Also there is no way they could have changed from laughing and joking with friends to absolute non functioning sobbing hysterical parents  no way at all.

Amaral was under pressure to get results,  it was a god send to him for the dogs to signal.   He ignored the warnings from our lab to wait for the end results of the DNA he didn't wait and rushed to report there was 100% DNA of Madeleine's in 5a,  there wasn't he was wrong.  Unfortunately he wouldn't listen and with the dog alerts and DNA he made the McCann's arguido's from then on the search for Madeleine ended.  The McCann's were guilty as far as he was concerned and sealed what he thought with his book.  IMO

Also there is no way they could have changed from laughing and joking with friends to absolute non functioning sobbing hysterical parents  no way at all.

Oh lol - when did that happen then.

Or is it what you thought they did.

when were they ever nonfunctioning - I think the fund kept them to busy for that

Offline Lace

« Reply #848 on: April 13, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
Also there is no way they could have changed from laughing and joking with friends to absolute non functioning sobbing hysterical parents  no way at all.

Oh lol - when did that happen then.

Or is it what you thought they did.

when were they ever nonfunctioning - I think the fund kept them to busy for that

I suggest you read the statements of those that were there.

They started the fund up a while later,  with a lot of help.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #849 on: April 13, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »
Oh dear. I didn't intend to be personal or inappropriate. Please explain why you think that I was.
I can't tell you what the McCanns hoped to achieve because all I have to go on is what they said. I could, like some, believe eerything they say, but my scepticism makes that difficult for me. By definition sceptics don't believe, you see, they doubt.

It seems you are under a massive misapprehension by saying some believe everything  the McCanns say even though it's been explained to you many times.
I believe  the McCanns accounts.. Not blindly but based on the evidence.... That's a very sensible and logical approach .
It's pointless you asking me what evidence because we don't agree on what is and isn't evidence.
I think its absolutely  true that the absence of evidence is evidence of innocence... Some don't agree and afaiac they are wrong... Barry George was cleared due to the absence of evidence.... Would anyone disagree with that..
I don't know a 100% the McCanns are innocent but based on the evidence I would say they are innocent to a very high degree of certainty...
You believe that the McCanns statements are accurate... But you cannot know for certain..it's your belief.. You believe the alerts by the dogs are accurate... But there is no certainty... Its just your belief.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #850 on: April 13, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »

Which statements - they seemed to have a lot of discrepancy in them.

how long were they nonfunctioning then - whatever happened the mcn knew Maddie had gone.

also that she was not going to be found anytime soon - they knew that. imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #851 on: April 13, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
I amn't worked up about it.   But I suppose that we have to talk about something.

Like Brietta, I believe totally in the Presumption of Innocence.  There would be No Law without that.

I think the McCanns are entitled far more than the presumption of innocence based on the absence of evidence..

Offline Lace

« Reply #852 on: April 13, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
Which statements - they seemed to have a lot of discrepancy in them.

how long were they nonfunctioning then - whatever happened the mcn knew Maddie had gone.

also that she was not going to be found anytime soon - they knew that. imo

Read the statements of the friends,  the police,  the manager of the ocean club,  and anyone else who was there.

Why do you think the McCann's knew Madeleine wasn't going to be found?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #853 on: April 13, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
Read the statements of the friends,  the police,  the manager of the ocean club,  and anyone else who was there.

Why do you think the McCann's knew Madeleine wasn't going to be found?

Maddie could have turned up at any time - the extravagance shows they didn't think she would. IMO

a photo as well to show how they weren't functioning.

https://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2009/12/gerry-mccann-speaking-on-june-3rd-2007.html

Offline kizzy

« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2019, 02:27:50 PM »

I have done.