Author Topic: Shrien Dewani trial commences in Capetown.  (Read 53683 times)

Offline Anna

Re: Shrien Dewani trial commences in Capetown.
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »
13 OCT 2014 PART 2

Shrien Dewani trial: Live updates as court told murder was rape and robbery plot gone wrong Oct 13, 2014 14:11 By Sam Adams  British millionaire stands charged with arranging a hit on wife Anni, 28, in Cape Town two weeks after their lavish £200,000 wedding
272 Shares Share Tweet +1 Email   

VIEW GALLERY  

Refresh automatically On | Off Day 4 of the trial is due to begin this morning. It was adjourned last week after Dewani and a witness both complained of stomach pains

2:11 pm Dewani 'hadn't changed Gaydar profile since 2004'
Van Zyl is saying that "the accused" will tell the court he has not changed his Gaydar profile since 2004.

The implication being, that Dewani has since come to regard himself as bis-sexual, but his profile has not been updated to reflect that.

Johnson now asked about Dewani logging onto Gayday on November 16 2010 - two days after Anni was murdered.

He confirms "asiansubguy" was logged on at the Cape Grace Hotel.

But Van Zyl says, just because he's signed in doesn't mean he's looking for date. He could be checking messages.

Johnson agrees.

Van Zyl says he is finished with the witness.

Prosecutor Mopp tells the judge his deputy is ill and he hasn't been able to prepare the next witness so asks for an adjournment till tomorrow.

The judge agrees, so we'll be back at 10am tomorrow.

1:55 pm Dewani's sister 'closed Gaydar account following Anni's murder'

Barcroft Media 
Parents and family of murder accused Shrien Dewani arrive at the Western Cape High Court 
Simon Johnson has been taken through through message records and log on dates for the times Dewani was on Gaydar between May 2009 and Oct 2010.

There are fetish and specific sexual activity chat rooms for some members, he says.

Privacy is important, so there is a limit to Gaydar info on what groups members belong to.

Prosecutor Mopp has completed his questioning and hands Johnson to the defence.

Van Zyl refers to Wikipedia information on Gaydar and says he has only a few questions.

Johnson denies Gaydar is different from Facebook.

He says Facebook is a social network,Gaydar is dating website. Both can send messages.

Van Zyl says the ''Asiansubguy'' Gaydar account was closed down after Anni's murder because of media interest in Dewani.

He indicates Dewani's sister may have shut it down.

1:26 pm Dewani Gaydar profile lists him as "gay"

Getty 
Trial: Dewani   

Asiansubguy described himself as single gay man, says Johnson.

Dewani hands a note to his lawyers.

On his Gaydar profile, Dewani listed himself "as gay" says Johnson.

He is listed as a " passive,sub guy" on Gaydar looking for "single gay man, gay couple,bi-couple,group".

It cost £60 in March 2010 to give Dewani Gaydar membership for a year.

1:22 pm Dewani Gaydar account closed down
Simon Johnson says Gaydar has profiles, chatrooms and pictures.

He is now asked specifically about the account "asaiansubguy" used by Shrien Dewani.

Asiansubguy? Asks judge. It's spelled out for her by Mopp prosecutor.

Dewani's last log in was 21 Nov 2010. Dewani removed the Asiansubguy account that day.

Simon Johnson left notes on the account regarding police contacting him. But Asiansubguy closed down profile on that date.

1:19 pm Gaydar employee called as witness
We're back underway and hearing from Simon Johnson.

He was formerly employed as digital product manager at the website Gaydar.

He is explaining how Gaydar works.

He describes it as a "dating and personals website".

12:41 pm Will Dewani give evidence himself today?

Reuters 
Prakash and Snila Dewani, parents of honeymoon murder accused Shrien Dewani   

We're expecting court to resume shortly.

This morning the judge heard sensational new claims by Shrien Dewani's lawyer that convicted killer Qwabe shot Anni by accident as he was trying to rape her.

He said the shooting had "all the hallmarks" of a robbery/rape attempt gone wrong.

Van Zyl also repeatedly made remarks that "the accused will say", indicating that Shrien may well give evidence himself today.

11:28 am Killer: 'Primary objective was to kill the wife'
Prosecutor Adrian Mopp is now back up to question Qwabe.

He asks him to identify phone numbers from large file. Mopp asking about the primary objective of the job he was given.

Qwabe says it was "to kill the wife".

Was it achieved?

Qwabe: "Yes"

The court now adjourns for lunch.

11:24 am Dewani in tears
Van Zyl is referring back to the shooting itself and events inside vehicle.

He says there is evidence that both child locks were engaged on rear doors.

Dewani is now crying as Van Zyl states his client never wanted to kill his wife.

His accusers are not telling the truth,he will state.

Dewani collects himself, uses a tissue to wipe his face and takes water.

Van Zyl has finished his cross examination of Qwabe.

11:15 am Qwabe giving evidence 'to try and reduce 25 year sentence'
Van Zyl is now asking Qwabe about why court started late last Wednesday.

He asks if Qwabe wanted a sentence reduction. Qwabe admits that's true.

Qwabe admits asking prosecution to ask if they could look at parole after he had served half his sentence instead of two thirds.

Van Zyl says Qwabe wrote a letter asking for his 25 year sentence to be cut.

Qwabe confirms and says giving evidence causing stress for him and his family.

10:53 am Shrien Dewani 'frustrated' at being unable to hear witness
We're back underway and it appears we may have adjourned because Shrien Dewani has complained about not being able to hear witness.

Qwabe has been asked to speak up. His brother Priyan seat next to dock.

Dewani is straining to hear witness again and slumps back frustrated.

The judge does not intervene this time.

There were numerous problems with acoustics in court last week, everyone in the public gallery, including the family of Anni, was struggling to hear.

Van Zyl is quizzing Qwabe about phone calls.

10:34 am Adjournment

Getty 
Shrien Dewani, British murder accused, sits in the Cape Town High Court   

The court has adjourned for a short time following that dramatic line of questioning from Van Zyl.

To recap, Shrien Dewani's defence lawyer put a sensational new version of event to convicted killer Qwabe.

He says it was him who pulled the trigger and NOT his accomplice Mngeni who has been convicted as the gunman.

Van Zyl says there was never a murder plot and Qwabe had been attempting to pull Anni out of the car to rape her when the gun accidentally went off.

He accused Qwabe of not telling the truth about the killing.

10:15 am Scene of crime indicates it was a plan gone wrong
Van Zyl is now going through where Qwabe lives in proximity to where they left Anni's body. He says it's walking distance.

Van Zyl is attempting to show the killers left Anni near their home after their plan went wrong and she shot was by accident and they ran away.

He asks if five people were involved.

We know of fixer Monde,Tongo,Qwabe,and Mngeni.

Monde allegedly said five people were involved.

Van Zyl is now putting it to the court that Dewani was let go because the plan was to demand a ransom.

If a demand was later made for his wife, he would have to pay, he says. He was the man with the money.

10:06 am Qwabe 'shot Anni while trying to pull her out car and rape her'

Getty 
Questions: Shrien Dewani's Defense Lawyer Francois Van Zyl   

Van Zyl  says the shot that killed Anni has all hallmarks of shot that wasn't supposed to go off.

He says Qwabe was outside the car and pulling on Anni's leg when he shot her.

After the "dirty deed" he continues, Qwabe and Mngeni drove off to a neighbourhood.

Van Zyl questions where they were going.

He says driving into residential area after shooting doesn't tally with a plan.

In summary, Van Zyl puts it to the court that Qwabe killed Anni as he was trying to get her out of car to rape her.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/shrien-dewani-trial-live-updates-4428800
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline lane99

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:36 PM »
For those speculating something happened while the couple was in South Africa that led to a spontaneous decision by Dewani to decide to kill his wife, that won't have been the case.

The circumstances show the very purpose of the South Africa trip in the first place was to have her murdered.  As soon as he landed in SA, and before he had even left the airport, he began to put out feelers to solicit someone to "have a job done".

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Sorry Holly,
 I have had visitors for most the day.I think that marraige is expected of their children and he would probably have gone along with it for longer. We don't know yet that he is guilty of murder, but he has put on a gay site that he is highly sexed(to say the least) Maybe he couldnt wait? Not sure what the reasons were. there is a timeline link at bottom and if I can find it a panarama programme that can bring you up to date.
I worked for 2 gay chaps a long time ago and it was good not to have them try to get too close etc as did some straight men back then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-13226067

panarama http://youtu.be/LZSc--n2PgQ

edited to add link

Thanks Anna.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
For those speculating something happened while the couple was in South Africa that led to a spontaneous decision by Dewani to decide to kill his wife, that won't have been the case.

The circumstances show the very purpose of the South Africa trip in the first place was to have her murdered.  As soon as he landed in SA, and before he had even left the airport, he began to put out feelers to solicit someone to "have a job done".

Hi lane99

It makes no logical sense to me why SD would marry Anni to have her murdered on honeymoon?  As far as I can see he was not committed in anyway eg financially, children etc so why agree to the marriage in the first place and/or why not just call it off?  If he was under family/community pressure to 'settle down' then surely at some point in time the 'grieving widower' would come under renewed pressure to 'settle down' again?

I don't know much about the case so I might be way off the mark.  Do you have anything to support your assertions above?  Thanks.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline lane99

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 05:42:27 AM »
Actually I was combining a few different points in a short space, and from re-reading my post, I see it's confusedly written.  First, Dewani did not solicit the murder as soon as he arrived in South Africa.  The couple went on a safari for a few days when they first arrived (where, like the habitual conman he seems to be, Dewani had contrived a scheme to defraud the exclusive lodge they stayed at while on safari).

He did solicit the murder, though, from the moment he arrived in Cape Town.

The trip to South Africa was arranged entirely by Dewani, who didn't tell his wife about it until a few days before they left.  His wife was not particularly happy to go.

Really, "logical sense" doesn't necessarily play into it either way.  It's whatever is the best inference we can draw from the circumstances and evidence.

And we have heard, from someone that Dewani was intimate with, that he didn't want to get married, but would get disowned if he simply called the wedding off.  So that I think would go to your question as to why he simply didn't walk away. 

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 06:05:43 AM »
Actually I was combining a few different points in a short space, and from re-reading my post, I see it's confusedly written.  First, Dewani did not solicit the murder as soon as he arrived in South Africa.  The couple went on a safari for a few days when they first arrived (where, like the habitual conman he seems to be, Dewani had contrived a scheme to defraud the exclusive lodge they stayed at while on safari).

He did solicit the murder, though, from the moment he arrived in Cape Town.

The trip to South Africa was arranged entirely by Dewani, who didn't tell his wife about it until a few days before they left.  His wife was not particularly happy to go.

Really, "logical sense" doesn't necessarily play into it either way.  It's whatever is the best inference we can draw from the circumstances and evidence.

And we have heard, from someone that Dewani was intimate with, that he didn't want to get married, but would get disowned if he simply called the wedding off.  So that I think would go to your question as to why he simply didn't walk away.

I too find it unsettling that he would go to all this trouble to have her murdered in SA. Although you need a weapon to murder someone I suppose the fact that SA is known for its carjacking and killings could be deemed as a weapon, and the fact that poor people who are desperate are easily found to do the dirty work.

BUT why not get married? He could have had the perfect life, a beautiful wife, chance of children, and still have a few men in the closet, lots of marriages exist this way quite successfully. Lots of people married have affairs with the other partner being non the wiser. I knew one lady who had an affair for as long as she was married about 25 years I think it was until her lover sadly passed away.

So why the killing?

What changed?

I wonder if Annie found out and they had an arguement about it and she told him when they got back home she would have the marriage annulled. That would make sense. She may have been so ashamed she didnt tell anyone at the time.

I know this can happen as it happened personally to someone i know. She was married, and it was never consummated and she told no one for 3 years.....THREE YEARS, until finally she confided in a member of family about it. Her question was, was it right that her partner wouldnt touch her sexually? Yes she was naive but so are a lot of women even now.

So going back to this case, perhaps she felt ashamed or a failure some how and was keeping it to herself until she came back off honeymoon.

Its the only thing that that fits for me.

As to his being guilty or innocent.....my thumb is down. Like i have said before i lived in Africa they do not shoot one person they never leave witnesses...why would they?

Offline Anna

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »
14th oct 2014 court

Shrien Dewani trial: Recap updates as British millionaire claims Anni was shot 'by accident' Oct 14, 2014 12:25 By Anthony Bond, Steve Robson  The 34-year-old denies being part of a plot to murder his new bride during their honeymoon in 2010

7:27 am British millionaire Shrien Dewani is back in court to deny being part of a plot to murder his new wife during their honeymoon in 2010.

Anni Dewani was found shot dead in a taxi a suburb of South Africa's capital Cape Town.

Shrien survived the incident and is accused of orchestrating a plan to have her killed and make it look like a robbery.

Yesterday his lawyers claimed his bride's kidnapper's freed him because they "knew he had money".

They also claimed Anni's shooting was an accident.

It was the first time Dewani has offered a reason he survived the carjacking.

7:33 am Rape struggle ended in Anni's shooting
Dewani's legal team said the Bristol care home owner was only released because the attackers realised he was wealthy and would be able to demand a ransom for their hostage.

Her attackers were to extort the ransom in exchange for their captive after Dewani had gone to the police.

PA     

But Mr Francois Van Zyl, acting for Dewani, said prosecution witness Mziwamadoda Qwabe had gone to the rear of the vehicle and attempted to pull Anni out of the car and she was accidentally shot in the struggle.

7:34 am Shooting 'not an execution' claim defence
Qwabe, 29, who has been convicted of Anni's killing, has told the court that his accomplice shot Mrs Dewani after they agreed to carry out the hit for her husband for a payment of £1,300.

But Mr van Zyl accused him of misleading the court.

The lawyer said: "The gunshot is not what one would normally see in an execution type killing.

"It’s not what pathologists normally see when a person has been executed.

"It has all the hallmarks of a shot that went off when it wasn’t supposed to go off."

9:26 am We're now up and running in South Africa.

ANC members were singing on court steps as both Hindocha and Dewani families arrive.

First up in witness box today thought to be Met police officers Mark Roberts, who will tell the court about Dewani's Dell laptop.

Roberts is top computer expert with MSC degree.

9:28 am Roberts says on 3 June 2010 Anni Dewani profile made on the laptop. Previous profile belonged to accused Shrien.

His profile created 17 Jan 2010.

The last activity on laptop was 20 April 2010. Jan and April activity was mainly email type. We are being told about email and data.

Dewani had imported old email files onto laptop. Keywords he used were family names, places in SA, gay fetish rubber and watersports.

Roberts found "lot of email activity between Dewani and a third person". Third person not identified.

June and Aug 2009, 53 messages from a third person.

9:30 am Dewani was 'conflicted about whether to get married or come out'

Getty 
Shrien Dewani appears at Western Cape High Court for the start of his trial   

The emails are relevant says prosecutor Mopp.

The defence objects.

Mopp says Dewani's sexuality is revelent and trying to plead with doubtful judge.

The judge questions Mopp about why the emails necessary.

Mopp says Dewani "was conflicted about whether to get married or come out".

9:32 am The judge asks whether Dewani's indecision over marriage was "a motive to kill. " She is hardening her attitude against email evidence.

The defence lawyer Van Zyl is explaining there are only three references which amount to 'cold feet' (about marriage) and it's not relevant to Anni's murder.

Dewani, in the dock behind, is nodding.

9:36 am Is Dewani's sexuality relevant to the case?
The prosecution says in Sept 2009, Dewani expressed similar conflict (about marriage and his sexuality) to a witness who will be called.

Judge Traverso told the accused's sexuality is "not something we can run away from'.

But the judge replies: "Whether he's bisexual,gay doesn't matter."

The prosecution insist it is, and in fact, it's central to their case.

The judge is retiring to consider this.

9:45 am Major blow for prosecution
The judge has just ruled that evidence about the emails concerning Dewani's sexuality inadmissable.

She's essentially said she doesn't see it as relevant to the case.

It's a major blow for the prosecution and they are so taken aback they don't even have another witness prepared.

Met officer Mark Roberts, who was presumably flown over from the UK, has to leave the stand.

The prosecution will have to have a total re-think now.

10:16 am Court resumes
The court is now back in session.

The prosecution team were dealt a huge blow before the break and it will be fascinating to see how they respond.

10:27 am Police officer takes to the stand
Police officer George Stefanus has now taken to the stand.

He was called about the hijacking of a taxi on the night of Anni's murder.

The detective spoke to taxi driver Zola Tongo – who has already been jailed for the murder.

He told the police officer of a hijacking involving his passengers.

10:35 am Dewani was 'emotional' as search went on for missing wife
Mr Stefanus tells the court how he met Dewani at the Cape Grace hotel as search went on for missing Anni.

He describes his state of mind as "emotional".

10:46 am Anni 'insisted' on seeing life in the townships
Dewani told Mr Stefanus that his wife "insisted" she wanted to see life in the townships to the taxi driver.

In the police statement, Dewani also gave police officers details of items stolen.

He said Anni put her wedding ring under the car seat. Her bag, phone and cash were all taken.

10:52 am Dewani didn't want to read over police statement
After Mr Stefanus has finished taking Dewani's statement, he asked the millionaire if he would like to read through it.

However, he declined the offer, saying "we've gone through this".

11:01 am Police officer lost his notes from interviewing Dewani
The court has heard how Mr Stefanus lost his pocket-book containing his notes from interviewing Dewani.

When Dewani's defence team asked for it, they were told it was missing.

The officer handed it in but it could not be found at the police station.

11:10 am Dewani's police statement was not taken under oath
The police statement Dewani gave on the night his wife died was not sworn under oath, it has emerged.

Mr Stefanus says Dewani didn't put his hand up and say "so help me god."

11:18 am Dewani told police: "I hope they didn't kill Anni"
Dewani was crying and told police: "I hope they didnt kill Anni – I hope Anni's OK" on the night she was reported to have been kidnapped.

It also emerged it was two-and-a-half hours before police took a statement from Dewani over his wife's disappearance.

11:27 am Police took so long to take Dewani's statement because he was stressed
Mr Stefanus says police took so long to take down Dewani's statement because of his stress.

The police officer was also asked in court why a helicopter was not used in the search for Anni.

He told the court it was "dark at that stage".

11:36 am Police officer under pressure
Mr Stefanus is coming under increasing pressure in the dock from Dewani's defence team.

The word 'township' was apparently said by Dewani during his statement to police on the night Anni went missing.

However, the millionaire's lawyer Francois van Zyl says the word was not in his client's vocabulary at the time.

11:46 am Defence team claim police statement is inaccurate
Dewani's defence team are attempting to completely discredit the statement police took from Dewani on the night his wife disappeared.

Dewani claims the chronology of the statement is incorrect. The police officer claims Dewani told him he had 4000 rand on him.

However, Dewani claims he gave the figure of money in sterling.

11:54 am Owner of jewellers takes to the stand
Mr Stefanus has now finished giving evidence and a new witness has taken to the stand.

Her name is Maria and she is the owner of a jewellers called Golden Touch.

She buys and sells coins and antiques.

12:07 pm Maria begins to tell the court about a money exchange she did with Dewani.

Mr Van Zyl says Dewani never had dollars with him. He exchanged pounds at various locations. Dewani nodded agreement.

12:13 pm Court adjourned until Monday because of chickenpoxBizarrely, the court has now adjourned until Monday because a member of the prosecution team has chickenpox.

Prosecutor Adrian Mopp asked the judge for the break, which she granted.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shrien-dewani-trial-recap-updates-4433656#ixzz3G7Szaf7n
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
Thank you for posting the updates Anna, they make for interesting reading.  I wonder why the learned judge refused to admit those e-mails?  Surely Dewani's sexuality is alleged to be the motive behind this murder?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:09:11 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Anna

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
Thank you for posting the updates Anna, they make for interesting reading.  I wonder why the learned judge refused to admit those e-mails?  Surely Dewani's sexuality is alleged to be the motive behind this murder?

It is So like Pistorius trial, in avoidance of the important issues and now we have an accidental shooting as well.
They will be paying criminals next for their acts of crime..............They are given far too long, before coming to trial, in my opinion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the posting from the trial, is more realistic, but having problems with photos on this old laptop.
― Plato

Offline lane99

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 03:51:13 PM »
...I know this can happen as it happened personally to someone i know. She was married, and it was never consummated and she told no one for 3 years.....Yes she was naive but so are a lot of women even now.

So going back to this case, perhaps she felt ashamed or a failure some how and was keeping it to herself until she came back off honeymoon....

The lack of physical intimacy was a problem for Anni the whole time she knew Dewani.  Anni was confused about him not wanting anything to do with her physically.

But Anni had close confidantes that she discussed the subject with throughout her relationship with Dewani. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
The lack of physical intimacy was a problem for Anni the whole time she knew Dewani.  Anni was confused about him not wanting anything to do with her physically.

But Anni had close confidantes that she discussed the subject with throughout her relationship with Dewani.

Why did Anni agree to marry Shrien then?  If I was in a serious relationship with a guy who spurned me sexually I think the alarm bells would start ringing.  If I was confused I wouldn't agree to any sort of commitment eg marriage.  She discussed these concerns with her cousin. 

Anni was brought up in a liberal country ie Sweden.  She studied engineering at university.  Then worked for the telecoms company Ericsson.  She sounds worldly. 

Offline Myster

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
In the words of Mrs. Merton - "Just what attracted you to millionaire Shrien Dewani?" ... Follow the Money!
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline lane99

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 02:36:01 AM »
Firstly, she nearly didn't marry him. She had to be inveigled back into the relationship several times.  Even on the day of the wedding they weren't getting along.  But they called a truce and agreed to play nice for the sake of the event and all the family and guests in attendance.

So what it boils down to is she married Dewani against her better judgement and despite her reservations.  It's a terrible shame, too.  Because if she had just listened to her instincts she almost certainly would still be alive today.  With pretty much her whole life still ahead of her.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:40 AM »
Firstly, she nearly didn't marry him. She had to be inveigled back into the relationship several times.  Even on the day of the wedding they weren't getting along.  But they called a truce and agreed to play nice for the sake of the event and all the family and guests in attendance.

So what it boils down to is she married Dewani against her better judgement and despite her reservations.  It's a terrible shame, too.  Because if she had just listened to her instincts she almost certainly would still be alive today.  With pretty much her whole life still ahead of her.

AD was a young, attractive and well educated woman why settle for second best?

I recall going on holiday in the early 90's to the Turkish beach resort of Oludeniz.  Pagagliding was the thing to do there and after much persuasion by my partner I somewhat reluctantly agreed to give it a go.  It was done tandem with a professional pilot.  On the drive up the mountain we learned that days earlier a woman on honeymoon had fallen out of her paragliding harness and died.  All sorts of rumours were circulating as to whether or not it was an accident, suicide or foul play and the state of her relationship with her husband.  Sadly tragedies do happen on honeymoons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigua_honeymoon_murders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Michaela_McAreavey

It makes no sense to me at all why SD would arrange for AD to be murdered on honeymoon regardless of his sexuality and/or whether or not they were getting on. 

I wonder if SD is being unfairly discriminated against on the basis that he's attractive looking, well educated, wealthy and had an attractive wife?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 09:26:41 AM »
What is wrong with the justice system in South Africa? First the Pistorius trial has been a legal whitewash of a blatant murder (imho) and now the judge in the Shrien Dewani trial says his bisexuality/homosexuality is irrelevant to the case!

How on earth can it be deemed irrelevant when it was for this reason SD felt trapped in a marriage he didn't want and came from a culture where his true sexuality is not acceptable!

Ludicrous!