Author Topic: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.  (Read 12549 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: The Madeleine Fund beginnings.
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »
Directors are expected to make decisions which benefit the company. Some might think that directors who were demonstrably unconnected with the case might be more likely to put the company's interests first. The important question is whether the Fund benefited from spending it's assets on the legal costs incurred by the McCann's decision to sue Amaral.

I think you are wrong on two points... Directors should make decisions which benefit the AIMS of the company and no one has shown their decisions were not genuine... The important question is not has, the fund benefitted... It's whether it was a reasonable thing to do... That's, a matter of opinion

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2018, 07:48:12 PM »

Director's duties are fairly well defined in The Companies Act 2006.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
Director's duties are fairly well defined in The Companies Act 2006.

And without looking the mccanns have not been judged to have contravened the act

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
And without looking the mccanns have not been judged to have contravened the act

Why do you mention the McCanns? They are just two of six directors. You make it sound as if they're in charge.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2018, 08:21:13 PM »

Did I say they had? They would need to be charged first would they not?
I posted the CH reference because it defines directors duties properly.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Montclair

« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2018, 08:22:00 PM »
Why would guilty people ask for an independent, transparent and comprehensive review of their own crimes, knowing full well that this might lead to the investigation into their crimes being reopened?   How exactly do you rationalise that one to yourself and others?

IMO they wanted a review expecting to be given all of the evidence in the original investigation by the police carrying it out. They probably never expected that it would turn into a full investigation. Remember they had already gone to court trying to get the evidence from the Leicestershire police and they failed because the police stated that although one or both could be innocent, there was no evidence which excluded from the case.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2018, 08:29:20 PM »
IMO they wanted a review expecting to be given all of the evidence in the original investigation by the police carrying it out. They probably never expected that it would turn into a full investigation. Remember they had already gone to court trying to get the evidence from the Leicestershire police and they failed because the police stated that although one or both could be innocent, there was no evidence which excluded from the case.
Why would calling for a full and exhaustive review by the police give the McCanns full and exhaustive access to all the evidence?  Sorry that doesn’t really make any sense to me.  Where is the precedent for this?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
Where was the precedence in asking Leicester police for information?
There has to be a first time for everything.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2018, 08:37:47 PM »

Not on this manor!
If it hasn't happened before it can't happen  @)(++(*   [remember the old mantra]

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2018, 08:45:29 PM »
I don’t think you quite understand.  We are being asked to believe that the only reason the McCanns asked for a full and exhaustive review of the evidence was so that they could get their grubby mitts on all the evidence.  What gave them the idea that that would happen as a result of a police review?  Where is the precedent for that, which they would have based their hopes on?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »
I don’t think you quite understand.  We are being asked to believe that the only reason the McCanns asked for a full and exhaustive review of the evidence was so that they could get their grubby mitts on all the evidence.  What gave them the idea that that would happen as a result of a police review? Where is the precedent for that, which they would have based their hopes on?

Smart-arse lawyers probably
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2018, 08:49:25 PM »
How many millions does it take to keep a missing childs story in the public eye, Brietta?  I was barely aware of the case at the time but I was aware of the millions being donated and the requests for more.   As regards the "Badly Told Story" part of your post I don't believe that had any input in their reasons for wanting the fund.

IMO the intention was to use it "mainly for legal expenses" as Brian Kennedy said.
That article was in a Portuguese paper and may not have been read by the McCanns at all.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2018, 09:11:14 PM »
They asked for an independent, transparent and comprehensive review of the case. I have seen no evidence of them asking for a full scale police investigation in two countries.

They couldn't ask for an investigation  as that would have required new evidence... By asking fir a review it made it possible to look for new evidence... I thought you would have realised that

Offline Sunny

« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »
They couldn't ask for an investigation  as that would have required new evidence... By asking fir a review it made it possible to look for new evidence... I thought you would have realised that

Perhaps you can explain why the McCanns didn't request the Portuguese police to carry out a review Davel. 
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2018, 10:24:19 PM »

Smart-arse lawyers probably
Law is based on precedent isn’t it?  So for lawyers to tell the McCans that a full police review would result in them getting full access to the case files must be based on something more than wishful thinking surely?