Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240836 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #630 on: August 14, 2016, 09:38:00 PM »
How so?  The only way I and others will be the fool at the end of it is if Jeremy becomes PM.  That simply is not going to happen, no matter how hard you wish for it to be so.

Ive never said he will be PM or wished softly or hard for him to be so, but you are wishng very hard for him not to be so lol

Offline mercury

« Reply #631 on: August 14, 2016, 09:41:43 PM »
According to alfie 50 per cent of working people have been taken out of tax altogether

Thats 15 million people

Far too many to be making just 11k a year, the price of one nights bash out in the town for some (lowly) executives of a big company, the high ones would shock you

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #632 on: August 14, 2016, 11:51:09 PM »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #633 on: August 15, 2016, 12:26:19 AM »
Loved the part where osborne et al want to rebrand the tories as the workers champion

*&*%£

My fat arse
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:21:57 PM by mercury »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #634 on: August 15, 2016, 08:12:49 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/26/nearly-half-of-britons-pay-no-income-tax-as-burden-on-rich-incre/

The devil is in the detail. aka RTFSPS

The headline is that half of Britons pay no income tax. There are about 65 million people in the UK and so half [32.5 million] pay no income tax. In that half are children, pensioners, the unemployed, the sick and disabled.

What of those who are of working age? There's 46 million of them, and half [23 million] don't pay income tax. The article doesn't say they're working, so a lot of them will be unemployed, sick and disabled too. Some will be housewives or househusbands, who are classed as inactive. Others will be working part-time, earning below the tax threshold. Then we have apprentices and youngsters on a low wage.

In my opinion the article is very misleading. It quotes the Institute for Fiscal Studies for it's figures, but this is what they said elsewhere;

Budget 2016: IFS savages tax claims as 'rhetorical nonsense'

The respected thinktank used its closely watched post-budget analysis to highlight “disingenuousness” in Osborne’s claims he was taking the lowest paid “out of tax”.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/17/budget-2016-ifs-savages-osborne-tax-claims-as-rhetorical-nonsense
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #635 on: August 15, 2016, 09:03:04 AM »
it stands to reason, if you increase the income tax threshold, fewer people will be paying income tax, does it not?  Under a Tory government the threshold has risen from £6475 to £10600, did no low paid person benefit as a result?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:11:11 AM by Alfie »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #636 on: August 15, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »
it stands to reason, if you increase the income tax threshold, fewer people will be paying income tax, does it not?  Under a Tory government the threshold has risen from £6475 to £10600, did no low paid person benefit as a result?

The figures you quoted seem to refer only to the 2016 budget, so previous years would have to be researched. I'm sure the figures exist, why not research it?

I have shown that a person aged 21 years of age or over working 37.5 hours per week for the 'living wage' will exceed £11,000, so it seems that no-one with a 'full-time' job was taken out of income tax.

That leaves young workers 20 years of age or below and part-time workers. Can you think of any others?
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #637 on: August 15, 2016, 10:15:14 AM »
The figures you quoted seem to refer only to the 2016 budget, so previous years would have to be researched. I'm sure the figures exist, why not research it?

I have shown that a person aged 21 years of age or over working 37.5 hours per week for the 'living wage' will exceed £11,000, so it seems that no-one with a 'full-time' job was taken out of income tax.

That leaves young workers 20 years of age or below and part-time workers. Can you think of any others?
I quoted two figures - one the tax threshold when the Tories came to power and the other the revised threshold at the last budget, a figure which will be going up to over £11k next year.  If you had a part-time job on the minimum wage (and many people do) youwould likely have been taken out of income tax, in any case raising the threshold means low paid full time workers only pay tax on a small minority of their earnings.  If you would like to make the case that Osborne's tax changes have not benefited the low paid at all then let's hear why not.

Alfie

« Reply #638 on: August 15, 2016, 10:19:10 AM »
And as this thread is about Jeremy's policies, what are his plans re: tax and low paid workers, and how is he going to guarantee jobs for all?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #639 on: August 15, 2016, 10:42:22 AM »
And as this thread is about Jeremy's policies, what are his plans re: tax and low paid workers, and how is he going to guarantee jobs for all?

As you are the one who so wants him not to be PM on what basis is that?
For your objection to be rational it surely would be because you are opposed to his policies therefore on that basis you would know what they are so why ask ?
We know "jobs for all" is pie in the sky unless one reverts to Spanish Practices so presumably he will do just that; simples. He could for example modify the scope of the present methods by increasing the number of lists the unemployed can be on so they rarely, if ever, show up on the one entitled "unemployed". They are however lists that should be entitled "playing silly b....rs with Surestart and Remploy so we can keep the unemployment figures down"

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #640 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:01 AM »
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is just desperate for my attention no matter what I write, or what position I take on any given subject...? &%+((£

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #641 on: August 15, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
I quoted two figures - one the tax threshold when the Tories came to power and the other the revised threshold at the last budget, a figure which will be going up to over £11k next year.  If you had a part-time job on the minimum wage (and many people do) youwould likely have been taken out of income tax, in any case raising the threshold means low paid full time workers only pay tax on a small minority of their earnings.  If you would like to make the case that Osborne's tax changes have not benefited the low paid at all then let's hear why not.

The figures you quoted need researching as to the amount of the minumum wage and the tax threshold for the years 2010-2015, as I pointed out.

Most part-time workers on minimum wage wouldn't have reached the tax threshold anyway. It doesn't matter if the raising of the threshold reduced income tax, it's paying no income tax Osborne was bragging about.

Minimum wage part time workers would have paid less income tax when the allowance was raised if they were in the taxable bracket originally.  Osborne then proposed cutting tax credits. Giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

You are the one who said the Tories took people out of paying tax, so you should provide figures to support your assertion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #642 on: August 15, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »
Do you ever get the feeling that someone is just desperate for my attention no matter what I write, or what position I take on any given subject...? &%+((£

Don't post then; problem solved otherwise expect comments if you will post on an open forum.
If you don't like that idea do what they do in Gotham (Gotham Notts that is not Gotham City).

Alfie

« Reply #643 on: August 15, 2016, 03:04:04 PM »
The figures you quoted need researching as to the amount of the minumum wage and the tax threshold for the years 2010-2015, as I pointed out.

Most part-time workers on minimum wage wouldn't have reached the tax threshold anyway. It doesn't matter if the raising of the threshold reduced income tax, it's paying no income tax Osborne was bragging about.

Minimum wage part time workers would have paid less income tax when the allowance was raised if they were in the taxable bracket originally.  Osborne then proposed cutting tax credits. Giving with one hand and taking away with the other.

You are the one who said the Tories took people out of paying tax, so you should provide figures to support your assertion.
They have and I already did, you have chosen not to accept them, your choice.  I'm currently waiting to fly out of the country and as I've never been a Tory voter I'm not going to waste any more time defending their policies.  Tory s..m, robbing the poor, I can't wait for Jeremy to sort it all out for us.  There, talking your language now... 8(0(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #644 on: August 15, 2016, 06:00:11 PM »
They have and I already did, you have chosen not to accept them, your choice.  I'm currently waiting to fly out of the country and as I've never been a Tory voter I'm not going to waste any more time defending their policies.  Tory s..m, robbing the poor, I can't wait for Jeremy to sort it all out for us.  There, talking your language now... 8(0(*

I think you're mixing me up with someone else, I have done my best to explain where Corbyn is coming from, but I'm not a fan of anyone's, I'm too cynical for that. 

Holiday?  &8#£% Have a nice time.
Result = happy posting.