Author Topic: Gerry and Kate's reaction to sniffer dogs didnt make sense new ninemsn article  (Read 53788 times)

Offline misty

In light of the cadaver alerts, has it ever been explained why the PJ didn't immediately make the parents arguidos in early August?

Offline pathfinder73

In light of the cadaver alerts, has it ever been explained why the PJ didn't immediately make the parents arguidos in early August?

They have to gather all the evidence first and get questions to ask them etc.

What date were the 100 days interviews when they denied they were suspects in the case? We have a good working relationship with the Portuguese etc.

"On 8 August, without waiting for the results from Birmingham, the Portuguese police called the McCanns to a meeting in Portimão, where Guilhermino Encarnação, Polícia Judiciária regional director, and Luis Neves, coordinator of the Direcção Central de Combate ao Banditismo in Lisbon, told them the case was now a murder inquiry."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

They have to gather all the evidence first and get questions to ask them etc.

What date were the 100 days interviews when they denied they were suspects in the case? We have a good working relationship with the Portuguese etc.

"On 8 August, without waiting for the results from Birmingham, the Portuguese police called the McCanns to a meeting in Portimão, where Guilhermino Encarnação, Polícia Judiciária regional director, and Luis Neves, coordinator of the Direcção Central de Combate ao Banditismo in Lisbon, told them the case was now a murder inquiry."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann

So it was a murder enquiry @8th August. Why weren't they made arguidos at that stage - in the same way Murat was?

Offline pathfinder73

MCCANN CIRCUS. I don't think you should let suspects know you are on to them until you can make an arrest. Prout didn't see it coming. He thought he was finally cleared LOL.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfie

Kate has every reason to discredit the dog alerts. If the dog was alerting to a cadaver that was removed before 10pm and cadaver odour takes around 90 minutes to develop then that places the McCanns right in the frame. Not sure, however, why you, a self-professed novice when it comes to cadaver dog training, feels adequately knowledgable to claim the dog searches 'unprofessional'.
It's my opinion based on what I witnessed.  It was an opinion obviously shared by Kate.  We may of course both be completely wrong and what is shown on the video may in fact be an example of the pinnacle of cadaver dog handling but that's not what it looked like to her, or to me.  Hence her reaction, which was not strange at all taking this into account.

Alfie

MCCANN CIRCUS. I don't think you should let suspects know you are on to them until you can make an arrest. Prout didn't see it coming. He thought he was finally cleared LOL.
So why did they make Murat an arguido so early on then...?  &%+((£

Offline Brietta

Nope, like Kate I can watch the video and form an opinion.

Like you and Kate I watched the Levy copyrighted videos and immediately formed an opinion.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

So why did they make Murat an arguido so early on then...?  &%+((£

At that early stage they were looking urgently for an abducted child i.e. Tannerman carrying the child away towards Murat's.

Offline faithlilly

Like you and Kate I watched the Levy copyrighted videos and immediately formed an opinion.

Yet you had no prior knowledge of how a dog search was supposed to be carried out.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

Yet you had no prior knowledge of how a dog search was supposed to be carried out.
You don't need any prior knowledge to form an opinion based on seeing with one's own eyes the handler skipping past other cars in seconds and then standing in front of the one plastered in McCann posters and waiting patiently for several minutes for the dog to finally alert after it repeatedly ran back and forth like a demented hound of the Baskervilles. 

Offline Robittybob1

No one knows what the dog indicated to Rob.
I still think what I said is 100% scientifically correct.  I don't say what the dog(s) indicated.
""Indicate" is a behaviour displayed by the dog.  It is related to what they are trained to find."   Can't see it myself.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

"He (Mark Harrison) gets to work immediately, supported by the Portuguese PJ and the investigators from Leicester and Scotland Yard."

"These [particular] dogs have been used successfully many times by Scotland Yard and the FBI."
AS they should.  But still unconfirmed.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

AS they should.  But still unconfirmed.

And I bet they found Gerry's Ask the Dogs comment to be hilarious  8(>((

NOT
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:35:39 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Mr Gray

And I bet they found Gerry's Ask the Dogs comment to be hilarious  8(>((

its actually quite subtle but has gone right over your head

Offline pathfinder73

its actually quite subtle but has gone right over your head

I call it taking the piss when he was laughing when he said it.