Author Topic: Has the Daily Star plunged to new depths of depravity?  (Read 25212 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Has the Daily Star plunged to new depths of depravity?
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
what a stupid post (the real victims) ?? MADELEINE is a victim and so are her parents..whoever took madeleine made them victims ..get off your high horse ad stop trying to show off by making jokes ..you are a disgrace !!!

IMO The only reason why some people are against the Hacked off campaign is because the McCanns are in favour of it - and they are quite happy to turn a blind eye to the suffering the press has caused to all the other innocent victims in their pursuit of their 'dislike' of the McCanns.

Strange isn't it - you would think that as (according to some people) the McCanns 'control' the press they would be the last people in the world to want any changes - but in fact it's quite the opposite - as they are supporting the Leveson recommendations.  How weird is that?

There were around 176,000 signatures in support of the Hacked off Petition last time I looked.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Redblossom

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »

its the way your posts always look gobbledegook!!!

Your inability to read and comprehend and think rather....

Redblossom

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 09:21:33 PM »
IMO The only reason why some people are against the Hacked off campaign is because the McCanns are in favour of it -

What a silly opinion.....everyone has sympathy for the real victims of hacking.....the mccanns were nothing to do with it....at all...it was another bandwagon they jumped on like it or lump it..Benice...just as they jumped on the bandwagon of european amber alert and 116 phone lines..things in progress but their pr made it seem they were the ones responsible for them! Get real
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:25:44 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Benice

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
What a silly opinion.....everyone has sympathy for the real victims of hacking.....the mccanns were nothing to do with it....at all

Hardly Red, otherwise they would not have been invited to give evidence at the Leveson Enquiry.  It wasn't only about phone hacking. 

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »
What a silly opinion.....everyone has sympathy for the real victims of hacking.....the mccanns were nothing to do with it....at all...it was another bandwagon they jumped on like it or lump it..Benice

Agree - quite why they were allowed to gatecrash Leveson is a mystery.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 09:27:45 PM »
What a silly opinion.....everyone has sympathy for the real victims of hacking.....the mccanns were nothing to do with it....at all

Beat me to it

IMO The only reason why some people are against the Hacked off campaign is because the McCanns are in favour of it

Actually made me laugh
Yes of course I oppose an attack on freedom of expression for one reason only & that is because I don't like Gerry & Kate very much.
Really wtf?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Benice

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »

LOL - as if ANYONE would be allowed to gatecrash the Leveson Enquiry!   

Redblossom

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 09:28:40 PM »
Hardly Red, otherwise they would not have been invited to give evidence at the Leveson Enquiry.  It wasn't only about phone hacking.

They put themselves forward and were accepted, never invited per se and again NOTHING to do sigh the crux of phone hacking, opportunists IMO to further their case of media VICTIM, dodgy ground, night dear Benice

Still Brookes and Coulson are in court next week, charged with perversion of the course of justice,that should be interesting
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:30:17 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2013, 09:29:58 PM »
They used the media in an unprecedented way. The media used them as well. Amazing or fair reciprocity ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »

An attempt to gag the press before they decide to leak that which the McCanns would rather went untold.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »
The DS set out to deliberately mislead the public with those headlines. Is it not bad enough that Madeleine might be lying in some shallow grave or at the bottom of a pit without these mindless moronic journalists making things worse for her parents?

I have just noticed what you added as an edit.

You are as bad as The Star john

goodbye forum

Notice the words > MIGHT BE.

She also might be alive and well and living with someone somewhere.  I know which alternative I hope for.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:40:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Benice

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2013, 09:41:39 PM »
They put themselves forward and were accepted, never invited per se and again NOTHING to do sigh the crux of phone hacking, opportunists IMO to further their case of media VICTIM, dodgy ground, night dear Benice

Still Brookes and Coulson are in court next week, charged with perversion of the course of justice,that should be interesting

If what the McCanns had to say was of no relevance to the Leveson enquiry they would not have been allowed to contribute.   It's pure nonsense to suggest otherwise.   They were victims of the press and it was the press that was the subject of the enquiry.

Offline John

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2013, 09:43:16 PM »
They used the media in an unprecedented way. The media used them as well. Amazing or fair reciprocity ?

Excellent observation Anne so one is as bad as the other?

Could it be said that they both ultimately used each other to fill the coffers?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:44:55 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Cariad

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
I wonder how many complaints have been received by the Press Complaints Commission?

This is the way to deal with it. Yes, the rags write some appalling rubbish, but we can choose not to buy it! The Daily Mail is the epitome of everything I find abhorrent about the human race, but if we ban it, what's next?

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire

Anne, the only thing that impresses me more than your ability to always find the right quote for every situation, is knowing that you can do it in at least three languages!

Beat me to it

IMO The only reason why some people are against the Hacked off campaign is because the McCanns are in favour of it

Actually made me laugh
Yes of course I oppose an attack on freedom of expression for one reason only & that is because I don't like Gerry & Kate very much.
Really wtf?

Seconded!

If what the McCanns had to say was of no relevance to the Leveson enquiry they would not have been allowed to contribute.   It's pure nonsense to suggest otherwise.   They were victims of the press and it was the press that was the subject of the enquiry.

They played the press! They just didn't like it when the press turned on them! They were hardly victims! Chris Jefferies was a victim!

Redblossom

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »

Not always, they were given a chance to stop the stories by Christopher Meyer  early on.....they rejected his help!

Youre sooo naive Benice......bless though

I never said they were irrelevant, the leveson inquiry sprung from the phone hacking scandal...nothing at all to do with the mccanns...not one iota.... The terms were broadened slightly....the mccanns jumped on...before you know it the mccanns abuse by the media was THE story above all others, real victims, so YES, they hijacked it.....