Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 402541 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »
"ande by gunit"?

Don't give up your day job.

(&^&

I certainly wont..its far too rewarding....Im not a typist....I see you are just trying to deflect from the fact gunit made the post that you thought was so  laughable
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 12:59:31 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2020, 12:40:26 PM »
Cut the sarcasm, if you please.  There is no need for it.

I'm actually fine with it. Its an admission  that the poster cant address the point made in the post.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2020, 12:48:25 PM »
I'm actually fine with it. Its an admission  that the poster cant address the point made in the post.

I know.  But I mind and I am not fine with it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2020, 01:52:24 PM »

Actually both posts do prove a point.

Initially, when Goncalo Amaral became the almost invisible man ... my thoughts were exactly that ... "If, by some chance, the ECHR finds that Portugal has breached the McCann's human rights they will have achieved more than if they had defeated Amaral. They will have discredited not just him, but his entire country." G-unit

Nor does it appear that there is anything anyone can say about his lack of a media profile over the past few months or I'm sure someone would have gone to the bother of posting it.

It really does suggest to me that things have gone quiet as a result of yet another of Cristavao's convictions for serious crime and whether or not Goncalo Amaral is presently also being investigated.

Someone knows whether or not there is any foundation in Spanish press reports from December saying unequivocally he is ...
Snip
Gonçalo Amaral, who had been the chief investigator of the Madeleine McCann case, is also suspected of participating in the criminal network . However, he will remain free until his judicial situation is defined.
https://www.infobae.com/america/mundo/2019/12/07/el-arresto-de-un-policia-sacude-el-caso-madeleine-mccann-a-12-anos-de-la-desaparicion-de-la-nina/

... or someone telling us he is not (maybe even him?)  Should be easy enough one would have thought.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2020, 04:26:05 PM »
Wow, SIL on 50% - did he kill someone??
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2020, 11:31:27 PM »
Wow, SIL on 50% - did he kill someone??

Makes even you wonder!  &%%6
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2020, 08:39:02 AM »
Makes even you wonder!  &%%6
Yes because in the past he has been incredibly rude, transgressing forum rules and the most he has ever received is 5% warning, so this time it must have been very serious indeed. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2020, 10:02:20 AM »
Anyway ... does anyone have anything of interest to say about Goncalo Amaral and his apparent reticence to hit the airwaves of late (really not like him}.

I've speculated on three? options ...
  • he may be worried about the McCann action in the ECHR and decided to wait for the outcome
  • there may be implications for him arising from the Cristovao affair
  • he may have finally seen the light and realised the wrong path he took regarding Madeleine's investigation and in particular, its aftermath
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »
Anyway ... does anyone have anything of interest to say about Goncalo Amaral and his apparent reticence to hit the airwaves of late (really not like him}.

• he may be worried about the McCann action in the ECHR and decided to wait for the outcome
  • he may have finally seen the light and realised the wrong path he took regarding Madeleine's investigation and in particular, its aftermath

Love the third option.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »
Love the third option.

He surely must see now just how wrong he was

Offline Brietta

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »
Love the third option.

I don't think he is a stupid man so I think it has probably been apparent to him for quite some time but the fees for his TV appearances as a Madeleine pundit no doubt came in handy.

Which leads me back to option two.  He did nothing that Cristovao didn't also do like two peas in a pod as regards Madeleine and her family.  I think he may be feeling the heat from that association.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2020, 11:42:07 AM »

As media interest in general has declined I don't find it significant at all that Amaral has made no comment lately. The McCanns and Clarence Mitchell are also keeping quiet.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2020, 11:49:48 AM »
He surely must see now just how wrong he was

I very much doubt it.  Presuming he believed it all in the first place, which I also doubt.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
As media interest in general has declined I don't find it significant at all that Amaral has made no comment lately. The McCanns and Clarence Mitchell are also keeping quiet.

What is significant is that he had been mentioned Re the Christavao case... Which really doesn't surprise me
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 12:40:51 PM by Davel »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2020, 02:27:59 PM »

Media interest in almost everything but corona virus has waned but that is recent ... Amaral's radio silence long predates that.

The McCanns and Clarence Mitchell will not speak while Madeleine's disappearance is subject of a live investigation, I think you know that;  unlike Amaral who has never shown the same reticence under any circumstances.