Author Topic: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee  (Read 73938 times)

Offline Myster

Re: The Murders At White House Farm by Carol Ann Lee
« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »
A review from a gent who I seem to think we've heard about before   *%87 ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RLUK5SAP42DY7/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0283072210
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:52:25 PM by John »
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Passer-by

« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
A review from a gent who I seem to think we've heard about before   *%87 ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RLUK5SAP42DY7/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0283072210

He certainly isn't backwards about coming forwards that man, is he?  He seems rather like the plumber who let people think he was a mercenary - it cuts a certain dash at the bar whenever it's someone's round.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:52:46 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #287 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »
Some of the reviews seem a bit infantile eg one has given one star and seemed rather annoyed that the call from NB to EP wasn't included!  The reviewer even posted the log in his/her review!  I'm sure CAL looked into this aspect of the case and found there was no evidence to support a call from NB to EP. 

As far as I'm concerned it's difficult to see how the book could be improved on other than a completely different style eg commissioning new tests to counter the prosecutions case and grilling those interviewed Jeremy Paxman style.  CAL has relayed the facts as they currently stand and appears to have taken a softly, softly approach during interviews by recording the interviewee's comments as opposed to probing and disturbing.  I had to read parts 2 or 3 times but it's clear there are lots of inconsistencies which CAL brought to the fore but didn't push it further. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline John

« Reply #288 on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
A reminder that a digital copy of the book is available on request for research purposes.  Mods can download directly from restricted area.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Samson

« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2018, 12:01:06 PM »
A reminder that a digital copy of the book is available on request for research purposes.  Mods can download directly from restricted area.
It is all over kindle, not sure why it might be an issue in mother country.
It is an essential resource for case students, but in a 100 years CAL will be studied by sociologists.

Offline Myster

« Reply #290 on: July 08, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »
Copyright, my dear boy... as Malcolm Mugg used to say.

Offline Samson

« Reply #291 on: July 08, 2018, 12:42:47 PM »
I just paid kindle price from NZ and read it, essential material. I have quoted tracts here and elsewhere to illustrate IMPORTANT points.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2018, 01:05:43 PM »
I just paid kindle price from NZ and read it, essential material. I have quoted tracts here and elsewhere to illustrate IMPORTANT points.

Yes that's fine, you've purchased the electronic version and quoted excerpts for discussion.  If you upload the entire electronic version for others to read that might be a problem.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Samson

« Reply #293 on: July 08, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »
Yes that's fine, you've purchased the electronic version and quoted excerpts for discussion.  If you upload the entire electronic version for others to read that might be a problem.
Kindle highlights makes it difficult to copy long extracts and all formatting disappears, but I wasn't clear if the book can be purchased in UK via Kindle.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #294 on: July 08, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
Kindle highlights makes it difficult to copy long extracts and all formatting disappears, but I wasn't clear if the book can be purchased in UK via Kindle.

It can.

Offline Alice

« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2018, 02:06:40 PM »
I bought it hardback on Amazon for around a fiver. Not worth cheap skating on it when you can pick it up at that price.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »
I bought it hardback on Amazon for around a fiver. Not worth cheap skating on it when you can pick it up at that price.

I got the hardback and the Kindle because you can do quick searches on the Kindle version.

Offline Myster

« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2018, 06:01:56 PM »
I got mine for free, gratis, zilch... so there!  mm, mmmm!..  ?{)(**   and I still can't thank her enough.  8(8-))

Offline Myster

« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »
Not worth starting another topic for, but here's a taster of an audiobook to come - 'Blood Relations' by Roger Wilkes...

https://soundcloud.com/hachetteaudiouk/blood-relations-by-roger-wilkes-read-by-colin-mace-audiobook-extract

and a future textbook by former High Court judge, Sir Richard Henriques who was involved in Jeremy Bamber's 2002 appeal...

https://www.hachette.co.uk/titles/richard-henriques/from-crime-to-crime/9781529333503/