Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406959 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #510 on: June 12, 2020, 04:44:58 AM »
It wasn't. Amaral wanted to do both. Arrangements were made for the Smith family. The T7 threw up loads of obstacles and were most reluctant to agree to a reconstruction arranged by the PJ.
The three Smiths were brought over to Praia da Luz on the 26th May 2007. https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
The month of June went past ... Amaral took no action and the Smiths were ignored.
The month of July came and went ... still Amaral took no action re the Smiths.
August passed ... without Amaral doing anything about the Smith sighting.

For most of September the Smiths continued to be ignored until suddenly Amaral claims to have been galvanised into action by an addition made to his original statement by Martin Smiith on 20th September, 2007 as follows ...

Snip
"This is the Irish family that saw a man transporting a child on the night in question and returned to Portugal to collaborate with the investigation. Martin Smith contacted our department stating that after having observed the McCann family on TV alighting from the plane, he believes that the person he saw carrying the child that night was Gerry McCann." ...
"He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head."

Prior to that another credible witness made a change to his statement on 12th September 2007 to the effect that ...

Snip
"I have already provided a witness statement in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I would like to add the following; ...
Another thing which has played on my mind is the coverage of Mr McCann walking off the aeroplane holding one of his young children. The way he was holding the child over his left shoulder reminded me of the man carrying the child from the white van in Portugal.

Although I could not describe the male I'd seen in Portugal because he had his back to me, it was the particular way Mr. McCann held the child that made me think. He held the child over his left shoulder with his left arm supporting the child?s weight." https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RI_Mc.htm

So having the McCluskey amendment to hand on 12th September in conjunction with the amended Smith statement of the 20th September absolutely no arrangements tentative or otherwise, had been made for either party to come to Portugal to assist the investigation in any way whatsoever as Amaral bungled his way towards his sacking from Madeleine's case on the 3rd of October 2007.

Snip
National police director Alipio Ribeiro last night confirmed that Mr Amaral had been removed from the case and demoted, saying it was a "decision I took myself".

Forensic tests were conducted on behalf of the Portuguese police at a government laboratory in Birmingham. Portuguese police leaked to the local press that the evidence indicated DNA from Madeleine was in the boot of a rental car the McCanns used after her disappearance, and led to them becoming formal suspects. However, Mr Ribeiro said the forensic tests were inconclusive.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/oct/03/ukcrime.uknews4

The evidence does not support what Amaral says about making arrangements for the Smiths, but nothing new about Amaral making unsupported allegations.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #511 on: June 12, 2020, 07:46:05 AM »

So how did she vanish?

Nobody knows for sure.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #512 on: June 12, 2020, 08:04:59 AM »
Nobody knows for sure.
But abduction from the apartment is “virtually impossible “, you forgot to add.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #513 on: June 12, 2020, 08:09:03 AM »
Between May and September Amaral did absolutely nothing regarding the Smiths.  He just was not interested.             The Smith episode was bracketed by two significant events which makes it stand out.

Why was it that Amaral showed no interest in Richard McCluskey's sworn statement which was in the hands of the PJ prior to Martin Smith's. https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RI_Mc.htm

Mr McClusky thought he saw Kate McCann; even though she didn't speak English! The couple he saw were investigated and ruled out.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #514 on: June 12, 2020, 08:17:53 AM »
But abduction from the apartment is “virtually impossible “, you forgot to add.

I was merely referring to the lack of evidence of abduction, not to the logistics of it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #515 on: June 12, 2020, 08:29:43 AM »
I was merely referring to the lack of evidence of abduction, not to the logistics of it.
That makes no sense.  A  LACK of evidence doesn’t make something virtually impossible.  In any case if I recall correctly, your critique included logistics also.  You poo-pooed the idea that there was any time for an abductor to strike.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #516 on: June 12, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »
That makes no sense. A  LACK of evidence doesn’t make something virtually impossible.  In any case if I recall correctly, your critique included logistics also.  You poo-pooed the idea that there was any time for an abductor to strike.

You are conflating two seperate arguments. One is whether there was any evidence of abduction. The other is whether there was opprtunity for an abduction.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #517 on: June 12, 2020, 09:27:23 AM »
The three Smiths were brought over to Praia da Luz on the 26th May 2007. https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm
The month of June went past ... Amaral took no action and the Smiths were ignored.
The month of July came and went ... still Amaral took no action re the Smiths.
August passed ... without Amaral doing anything about the Smith sighting.

For most of September the Smiths continued to be ignored until suddenly Amaral claims to have been galvanised into action by an addition made to his original statement by Martin Smiith on 20th September, 2007 as follows ...

Snip
"This is the Irish family that saw a man transporting a child on the night in question and returned to Portugal to collaborate with the investigation. Martin Smith contacted our department stating that after having observed the McCann family on TV alighting from the plane, he believes that the person he saw carrying the child that night was Gerry McCann." ...
"He states he was watching the 10 pm news on BBC and saw the McCANNS getting off the plane and coming down the steps. He states it was like watching an action replay of the night he saw the male carrying the child back in Portugal. He states the way Gerry was carrying his twin triggered something in his head."

Prior to that another credible witness made a change to his statement on 12th September 2007 to the effect that ...

Snip
"I have already provided a witness statement in relation to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. I would like to add the following; ...
Another thing which has played on my mind is the coverage of Mr McCann walking off the aeroplane holding one of his young children. The way he was holding the child over his left shoulder reminded me of the man carrying the child from the white van in Portugal.

Although I could not describe the male I'd seen in Portugal because he had his back to me, it was the particular way Mr. McCann held the child that made me think. He held the child over his left shoulder with his left arm supporting the child?s weight." https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RI_Mc.htm

So having the McCluskey amendment to hand on 12th September in conjunction with the amended Smith statement of the 20th September absolutely no arrangements tentative or otherwise, had been made for either party to come to Portugal to assist the investigation in any way whatsoever as Amaral bungled his way towards his sacking from Madeleine's case on the 3rd of October 2007.

Snip
National police director Alipio Ribeiro last night confirmed that Mr Amaral had been removed from the case and demoted, saying it was a "decision I took myself".

Forensic tests were conducted on behalf of the Portuguese police at a government laboratory in Birmingham. Portuguese police leaked to the local press that the evidence indicated DNA from Madeleine was in the boot of a rental car the McCanns used after her disappearance, and led to them becoming formal suspects. However, Mr Ribeiro said the forensic tests were inconclusive.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/oct/03/ukcrime.uknews4

The evidence does not support what Amaral says about making arrangements for the Smiths, but nothing new about Amaral making unsupported allegations.

It's because Martin Smith had his lightbulb moment and contacted the Police again.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #518 on: June 12, 2020, 09:30:33 AM »
It's because Martin Smith had his lightbulb moment and contacted the Police again.

Some light bulb moment.  That's how most people carry small children.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #519 on: June 12, 2020, 10:10:46 AM »
In reality the available evidence proves that abduction is highly likely

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #520 on: June 12, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
In reality the available evidence proves that abduction is highly likely

And what evidence shows that? I’m yet to see any!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #521 on: June 12, 2020, 10:46:42 AM »

You are ignoring the point I made.

Mr McCluskey too had an almost identical "lightbulb moment".

Only he had his on the 10th of September while Mr Smith's was on the 20th of September.

Why would Amaral say he was 'about to act' on one and why ignore the other.

I reiterate ... Amaral apparently had no interest in re-enactments of any kind apart from vetoing an earlier one ... it was Rebelo who tried to organise one through issuing a letter of request and the proposed dates suggested were
28/29 April or 15/16 May.  https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RE_ENACTMENT.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #522 on: June 12, 2020, 10:47:14 AM »
And what evidence shows that? I’m yet to see any!
What is the probability of the parents being involved and what do you base that figure on

Offline Brietta

« Reply #523 on: June 12, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »
Mr McClusky thought he saw Kate McCann; even though she didn't speak English! The couple he saw were investigated and ruled out.

Did the police ever have sight of the lookalike child before the man seen by Mr McCluskey took her to his country of origin?

Apart from asking neighbours what other diligences did they perform ... did they for example check travel arrangements or if the man travelled with one Madeleine McCann lookalike (who might not have been a lookalike) or two?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #524 on: June 12, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
Some light bulb moment.  That's how most people carry small children.

Strange then that the McCanns own 'reconstruction' had Smithman's child being carried like firewood.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.