Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406958 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #1650 on: July 14, 2020, 11:39:22 AM »
They haven't told us about all the evidence they have.

Probably because they haven't any.

who is us by the way.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1651 on: July 14, 2020, 12:09:08 PM »
Don't tell me the Germans  are 'in on it'  too along with the Government,  the Royals,  MI5, the Army and everyone else.  They were all out to get me screams Amaral.   Sorry,  no.

The Germans have acquired evidence against CB solid evidence by the sound of it.   He will be taken to court and a judge will decide whether he is guilty or not.   Not the McCann's.

I don't recall the Army or the Royals ever getting involved. You've got to admit though that the immediate intervention of senior government employees from the UK was not normal. Compare the government response to the Ben Needham case for example.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1652 on: July 14, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »
I don't recall the Army or the Royals ever getting involved. You've got to admit though that the immediate intervention of senior government employees from the UK was not normal. Compare the government response to the Ben Needham case for example.
It's not abnormal.  The French ambassador travelled to the site of Nora Quoirin's disappearance for example.   I don't think you pay close enough attention to other high profile cases involving foreign nationals, and the response their cases attract from high ranking government officials from their own countries.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1653 on: July 14, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »
It's not abnormal.  The French ambassador travelled to the site of Nora Quoirin's disappearance for example.   I don't think you pay close enough attention to other high profile cases involving foreign nationals, and the response their cases attract from high ranking government officials from their own countries.

The French Ambassador travelled for an hour after 5 days. The British Ambassador travelled for 3 hours after around 8 hours. In my opinion that was very early when there was a support available from the Consul.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1654 on: July 14, 2020, 12:59:49 PM »
The French Ambassador travelled for an hour after 5 days. The British Ambassador travelled for 3 hours after around 8 hours. In my opinion that was very early when there was a support available from the Consul.

Some say the consul was aware of how badly the cipriano case had been handled

Offline The General

« Reply #1655 on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:38 PM »
Channelling Trump again...
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1656 on: July 14, 2020, 01:03:33 PM »

What made this such a "high profile" case as early as May 5th? You give one example in comparison - thank you but isn't a case involving the UK government. Compare the involvement of the Government in the Ben Needham case - why is there such a difference? Maybe the Government saw it as good PR but I'm not convinced that's the driver from such an early stage

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1657 on: July 14, 2020, 01:03:48 PM »
Channelling Trump again...

Some might say...do you know who that is

Offline The General

« Reply #1658 on: July 14, 2020, 01:06:58 PM »
They haven't told us about all the evidence they have.
It doesn't matter how much evidence they currently have, it could be a truck load, but it's patently not enough to satisfy the threshold to even attempt to charge him. They're not holding anything back from the prosecutor, the prosecutor have binned them off and told them to find more definitive evidence to make a case.
Hence the bizarre request for help in tracing a phone number the internets found in 3 minutes.

Offline The General

« Reply #1659 on: July 14, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
Some might say...do you know who that is
Brian Kennedy?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1660 on: July 14, 2020, 01:12:02 PM »

Well you lot have certainly said it; ad infinitum.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1661 on: July 14, 2020, 01:19:33 PM »

And Michael Cooke who appeared in Court with his face battered.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1662 on: July 14, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
What made this such a "high profile" case as early as May 5th? You give one example in comparison - thank you but isn't a case involving the UK government. Compare the involvement of the Government in the Ben Needham case - why is there such a difference? Maybe the Government saw it as good PR but I'm not convinced that's the driver from such an early stage
What made it such a high profile case is the intense media interest from the start, that's what.  There are other recent cases in which UK government officials have got involved early on, I just can't think of them right now, but there are - each time one happens I think of this particular case and the criticism of government intervention levelled at it.  As for Benn Needham - different times and attitudes, different level of media coverage, that's why.  IMO
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #1663 on: July 14, 2020, 01:49:41 PM »

Probably because they haven't any.

who is us by the way.

'us'  the general public.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1664 on: July 14, 2020, 01:52:26 PM »

Everyone in high place was involved in the cover up according to some conspiracy group.  I don't think it was unusual for the Government to get involved.  Didn't they express sympathy in the case of James Bulger?  When Ben disappeared there wasn't so much publicity and it was abroad,  no internet etc.