Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406958 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3945 on: October 17, 2021, 08:36:15 PM »
Not much point in dead locking the front door then was there.

I don't suppose they gave it a thought - any more than they thought about the well being of their 3 children - allegedly.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3946 on: October 17, 2021, 10:56:17 PM »
Awfully careless if it wasn't.
Not only did these people leave the patio door unlocked and the bedroom window unlocked, but possibly also the front door only on a latch.

They might as well have pinned a note to the front door saying ' burgle me'

Off for their meal with friends with not a care in the world - it would seem.
You’re not suggesting that the apartment was left vulnerable to intruders are you?   No, no, no, no, no, the sceptic script is that abduction by a stranger would have been virtually impossible in the circumstances what with all the comings and goings of parents checking up on their kids.  The parents can’t be both incredibly neglectful as well as overly attentive so which one is it? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #3947 on: October 18, 2021, 02:52:49 AM »
You’re not suggesting that the apartment was left vulnerable to intruders are you?   No, no, no, no, no, the sceptic script is that abduction by a stranger would have been virtually impossible in the circumstances what with all the comings and goings of parents checking up on their kids.  The parents can’t be both incredibly neglectful as well as overly attentive so which one is it?

Leaving three children under the age of four in a holiday apartment is incredibly neglectful in my opinion. I'm sure that likely haunts the parents on a daily basis.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3948 on: October 18, 2021, 07:23:17 AM »
Leaving three children under the age of four in a holiday apartment is incredibly neglectful in my opinion. I'm sure that likely haunts the parents on a daily basis.
You missed the point entirely but never mind.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3949 on: October 18, 2021, 07:53:06 AM »

That was the anomaly. Madeleines parents were, according to them, neglectful. The group, according to their testimony, spent all evening traipsing back and forth. The two things aren't connected.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3950 on: October 18, 2021, 08:02:43 AM »
That was the anomaly. Madeleines parents were, according to them, neglectful. The group, according to their testimony, spent all evening traipsing back and forth. The two things aren't connected.
Can I have a cite for Madeleine’s parents admitting they were neglectful please?

In your opinion were the Tapas group neglectful or attentive or (as you seem to suggest) both?  Because IMO you can’t have attentive, neglectful parents.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:35:49 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3951 on: October 18, 2021, 09:01:08 AM »

I think it is well established that Madeleine's parents recognise that they erred. 

But it was the perfect storm situation was it not.

Amaral also admits that mistakes were made when the PJ did not follow through on their inquiry into Brueckner.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3952 on: October 18, 2021, 09:47:06 AM »
I think it is well established that Madeleine's parents recognise that they erred. 

But it was the perfect storm situation was it not.

Amaral also admits that mistakes were made when the PJ did not follow through on their inquiry into Brueckner.

The anomaly was that the parents publicised the 30 minute gaps between checks, but that didn't mean that the apartment was unobserved during those gaps.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3953 on: October 18, 2021, 10:49:34 AM »
The anomaly was that the parents publicised the 30 minute gaps between checks, but that didn't mean that the apartment was unobserved during those gaps.
What are you getting at?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3954 on: October 18, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »

Sorry - I'm not following the thrust of your argument.

We know there is a high probability that those dining at the restaurant were under observation.  Are you saying that Amaral didn't take that into consideration?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3955 on: October 18, 2021, 11:44:29 AM »
Sorry - I'm not following the thrust of your argument.

We know there is a high probability that those dining at the restaurant were under observation.  Are you saying that Amaral didn't take that into consideration?

I don't think there's any evidence at all that the group was being observed. The parents made it very clear that they checked their children every 30 minutes. The apartment, however, was seen by every member of the group who went to check on their own children. It was also seen by Jeremy Wilkins, the Moyes and Mr Totman, who all passed by. Two cars passed the apartment also during the time scale. How many more people passed by is unknown, but the apartment was not unobserved during those 30 minute gaps.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3956 on: October 18, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »

If someone or two were lurking to abduct Madeleine then they will have been checking on The Tapas 9 at dinner.  This much is obvious.

Never have I believed that Brueckner could have done this alone.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3957 on: October 18, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »
I don't think there's any evidence at all that the group was being observed. The parents made it very clear that they checked their children every 30 minutes. The apartment, however, was seen by every member of the group who went to check on their own children. It was also seen by Jeremy Wilkins, the Moyes and Mr Totman, who all passed by. Two cars passed the apartment also during the time scale. How many more people passed by is unknown, but the apartment was not unobserved during those 30 minute gaps.
So in your opinion the apartment was being closely monitored by a bunch of highly neglectful parents then.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3958 on: October 18, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »
So in your opinion the apartment was being closely monitored by a bunch of highly neglectful parents then.

No Logic you see.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3959 on: October 18, 2021, 12:29:06 PM »

Not conciously.
Result = happy posting.