Author Topic: Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1?  (Read 8610 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: Do you have a cite that Goncalo Amaral decided Madeleine was dead on Day 1?
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
I have already supplied cites regarding Amaral's mindset with zero evidence to support same, so no, I consider it a fact. Now perhaps people will understand the Met's remit "to investigate the ABDUCTION as if it occurred within the UK" i.e. to deal with it as originally reported until evidence/proof shows otherwise (imo).

Could you explain your first sentence again misty.   I read it as you agree your original post should have had IMO on the end.  As regards the second sentence I agree that that was the remit of the review.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline misty

« Reply #106 on: October 20, 2018, 06:15:30 PM »
Could you explain your first sentence again misty.   I read it as you agree your original post should have had IMO on the end.  As regards the second sentence I agree that that was the remit of the review.

IMO I don't think it needs explaining any further. If John is not happy with how I have interpreted Amaral's own words, both written & spoken. then I'm sure he will delete posts accordingly.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #107 on: October 20, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »
A statement "I consider it a fact" is an opinion not a statement of fact.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
IMO I don't think it needs explaining any further. If John is not happy with how I have interpreted Amaral's own words, both written & spoken. then I'm sure he will delete posts accordingly.
I think the best we can hope for is that we have all made progress. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #109 on: October 20, 2018, 07:20:30 PM »
A statement "I consider it a fact" is an opinion not a statement of fact.

Which was my understanding of misty's post and I replied as such Rob.  Her initial post was somewhat more definitive of course.

I believe she has now accepted though that the initial post was her opinion on what he said rather than factual, so a line can be drawn IMO.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!