Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Mark Alexander was in September 2010 convicted of the murder of his elderly reclusive father Samuel (70), an Egyptian-born former University lecturer.

Why was a man who was mobile receiving a full care package?

(1/11) > >>

Daisy:
Dad was admitted to hospital on 23rd May 2008 for a colostomy operation.  It took him a good 6 months to recover and I put off plans to move to London that year so that I could be there for him and nurse him back to health.

“Mark looked after his dad and did all the shopping.  He was always there.  He seemed to be concerned about his father’s poor health.  I thought it was an admirable relationship; Mark was doing his studies and looking after his father.  He was incredibly attentive towards him” JPi
“Mark had been commuting from his home on a pretty much daily basis to care for his dad who was bedridden and needed Mark for things like changing his colostomy bag.  Sami told me that he found it frustrating that Mark had to do everything for him.  I was impressed with how well Mark coped with his situation.” SN

Once I had got him back on his feet he was in much better spirits and could be seen driving, bricklaying, and fence post fixing.  As the Honourable Judge Reddihough noted in his sentencing remarks, “There is clear evidence before the court that by the time of this offence Sami had made a reasonably good recovery from the illness he had suffered.”

“I saw Sami and told him I thought he looked much better.  He thanked me and said that he felt much better, in fact he said, a lot, lot better.”KS
“It appears that (Sami) misrepresented his health status to Adult Social Care.  It is possible (that he) may have fraudulently secured Direct Payments having given incomplete information about his income.” Serious Case Review – May 2011.

By 2009 dad was employing cleaners and housekeepers rather than ‘carers’ per se.  Service users “have flexibility over the way that the money is spent and what types of service/ support they purchase in order to meet their assessed needs.”  This could cover anything from cooking meals to doing the shopping, so could be very broadly interpreted.  The Serious Case Review noted one respondent who “declined to take up Samuel’s advert for a person assistant to help with care-giving, reflecting that “he wanted a slave, not a carer.”

John:

--- Quote from: Daisy on March 05, 2017, 11:59:49 AM ---By 2009 dad was employing cleaners and housekeepers rather than ‘carers’ per se.  Service users “have flexibility over the way that the money is spent and what types of service/ support they purchase in order to meet their assessed needs.”  This could cover anything from cooking meals to doing the shopping, so could be very broadly interpreted.  The Serious Case Review noted one respondent who “declined to take up Samuel’s advert for a person assistant to help with care-giving, reflecting that “he wanted a slave, not a carer.”

--- End quote ---

So if Sami was employing these people what did he tell them before his disappearance?

....or as I suspect, none of these people have been identified?

Daisy:

--- Quote from: John on March 05, 2017, 01:42:01 PM ---So if Sami was employing these people what did he tell them before his disappearance?

....or as I suspect, none of these people have been identified?

--- End quote ---

Well Social Services were aware of this person so there were obviously others who replied to his advert. More to follow on this subject.

John:

--- Quote from: Daisy on March 05, 2017, 08:29:17 PM ---Well Social Services were aware of this person so there were obviously others who replied to his advert. More to follow on this subject.

--- End quote ---

Wasn't it a case that Sami, like many elderly people, didn't want strangers in his home so avoided employing people.  Isn't that also the real reason why Mark did the caring for his father when he was recuperating and not properly trained carers?

Miss Taken Identity:

--- Quote from: John on March 06, 2017, 02:12:57 PM ---Wasn't it a case that Sami, like many elderly people, didn't want strangers in his home so avoided employing people.  Isn't that also the real reason why Mark did the caring for his father when he was recuperating and not properly trained carers?

--- End quote ---

On the other hand, he could have used 'slave labour'  rife in the 'care' industry. The 'gang masters' could have killed Sami?  Yes, fantastic I know but still it is a theory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version