Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52679 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
if you have read it you should have noticed that your link recommends that the suspects statement should be taken down is his/her  own language ...signed by the suspect and then translated...unless the mushrooms on my steak were magic this evening that is nothing like what happened in portugal

Why are you quoting from the Humberside Police document and not the Home Office or CPS documents?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:58 PM »
In my opinion ... If she had wanted to help the enquiry to find her alleged 'missing' child then she would have answered them.
thats your opinion .....my opinion is she was completely right not to answer the questions

Its interesting to consider why the right to silence is enshrined in law around the world...by your logic it was brought in the help guilty poeple evade justice..that doesnt really work logically....what does work is that it is a mechanism to protect the innocent..all imo
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:54:35 PM by Brietta »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2017, 08:10:33 PM »
Why are you quoting from the Humberside Police document and not the Home Office or CPS documents?

because its the only one that gives specific guidance on interviewing those who dont speak english...you did provide alink to it so its no surprise I quoted from the link you provided

Offline Carana

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
In my opinion ... If she had wanted to help the enquiry to find her alleged 'missing' child then she would have answered them.

Which of those questions do you think would have helped the parents to find their daughter?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:55:49 PM by Brietta »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2017, 08:13:24 PM »
have just noticed that kates interpreter was named ...Alice Avakoff....is that a portuguese name

Really? Well her interpreter was chosen by her from a list provided by the British Consulate.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »
Really? Well her interpreter was chosen by her from a list provided by the British Consulate.

and what were her qualifications and who compiled the list

Offline jassi

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »

Which of those questions do you think would have helped the parents to find their daughter?

Who can tell where answers might have led ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »
because its the only one that gives specific guidance on interviewing those who dont speak english...you did provide alink to it so its no surprise I quoted from the link you provided

I provided a link to the Home Office code and as I recall said "there is more guff in here" to the Humberside Police link.
So why did you not use the home Office document which has to be considered the ruling document?
None the less I challenged you to analyse it with an activity list.............let's see it.
While you're at it you could compare what was done with the EU directive that became law three years later.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:21:51 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2017, 08:23:28 PM »
I provided a link to the Home Office code and as I recall said said "there is more guff in here" to the Humberside Police lonk.
So why did you not use the home Office document which has to be considered the ruling document?
None the less I challenged you to analyse it with an activity list.............let's see it.
While your at it you could compare what was done with the EU directive that became law three years later.

because the HO document does not give specific guidance on interviewing an english non speaker...post the eu dirsctive and I can have a look at it.

what I do know from professional experience as to what is accepted by uk courts is that the statements as
 collected would be of little value in court.

Offline Carana

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »
Who can tell where answers might have led ?

Which hadn't she already answered that could have helped?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »
and what were her qualifications and who compiled the list

I suggest you ask the British Consulate.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #191 on: December 13, 2017, 08:38:19 PM »
I suggest you ask the British Consulate.

I doubt they would tell me and untill we know we have no knowledge of this ladies abilities

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:14 PM »
I doubt they would tell me and untill we know we have no knowledge of this ladies abilities

Well if she's dodgy you can't blame the PJ.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:13 PM »
because the HO document does not give specific guidance on interviewing an english non speaker...post the eu dirsctive and I can have a look at it.

what I do know 1) from professional experience as to what is accepted by uk courts is that 2) the statements as collected would be of little value in court.

1) Professional experience in the law?
2) Please do tell how you arrive at that conclusion.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »
1) Professional experience in the law?
2) Please do tell how you arrive at that conclusion.

I would have to divulge too much

What I can say I often have to gain consent from people........to a standard that I could show in court if necessary that the person had understood what I have said......a piece of paper signed by the person in a language they did not understand would not be acceptable by the court...even if they had signed it