Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52683 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:17 PM »
Which hadn't she already answered that could have helped?

It doesn't matter now. When the going got tough she refused to cooperate with the police. I predict interesting times ahead.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carana

« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2017, 10:57:19 PM »
It doesn't matter now. When the going got tough she refused to cooperate with the police. I predict interesting times ahead.

She wad advised not to answer as an arguida.

And which questions hadn't she answered before that could have helped find her?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
Well I do hope that prediction comes true.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline John

« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2017, 01:32:20 AM »
thats your opinion .....my opinion is she was completely right not to answer the questions

Its interesting to consider why the right to silence is enshrined in law around the world...by your logic it was brought in the help guilty poeple evade justice..that doesnt really work logically....what does work is that it is a mechanism to protect the innocent..all imo

Gerry was also advised to remain silent but he chose to do the right thing and answer every question to the best of his ability as far as we know.  Kate on the other hand chose to remain silent which since it was her child who had gone missing was a rather puzzling thing to do. Suspects generally choose to remain silent when they have something to hide or their story just doesn't quite add up.  So what was it?

How on earth did she think she was assisiting the investigation into her daughter's disappearance by taking the coward's way out?  She should have answered every question and then asked some of her own.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:37:14 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »
Gerry was also advised to remain silent but he chose to do the right thing and answer every question to the best of his ability as far as we know.  Kate on the other hand chose to remain silent which since it was her child who had gone missing was a rather puzzling thing to do. Suspects generally choose to remain silent when they have something to hide or their story just doesn't quite add up.  So what was it?

How on earth did she think she was assisiting the investigation into her daughter's disappearance by taking the coward's way out?  She should have answered every question and then asked some of her own.

I disagree completely, Kate ddi the right thing in following her lawyers advice. The only reason she was being asked the questions is because the PJ completely misunderstood the forensic evidence and beleived kate was covering up Maddiesndeath...imo. We know thats true because amaral still beleives it. innocent people sometimes do take the right to silence ..that is a fact

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:32:28 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
I think if Kate had answerred no questions from day one then that would have been suspicious...she fully cooperated until she realised that the PJ were mistaken and were convinced she  was involved...imo.....for that reason I find her silence quite reasonable

stephen25000

« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
I think if Kate had answerred no questions from day one then that would have been suspicious...she fully cooperated until she realised that the PJ were mistaken and were convinced she  was involved...imo.....for that reason I find her silence quite reasonable

So when was this full cooperation with the PJ ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2017, 08:24:39 AM »
Some interesting comments by UK Police Officers;
http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/42363-the-no-comment-statment/

yes  " theyre all Guilty" great comment...well colin stagg wasnt

As i have said these comments are pointed at those who dont answer questions at all...which is not the case here

stephen25000

« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »
yes  " theyre all Guilty" great comment...well colin stagg wasnt

As i have said these comments are pointed at those who dont answer questions at all...which is not the case here

Picking one comment is hardly original.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
So when was this full cooperation with the PJ ?

in the early stages....until IMO the pj made the decision that the mcCanns were guitly and maddie was dead
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:29:02 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Benice

« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2017, 09:28:02 AM »

AFAIK The option to remain silent is part of every civilised society's judicial system.      The idea that it was introduced so that cowards could do the wrong thing is preposterous imo.

IMO Having read the questions - a blind man on a galloping horse can see that the motive behind them was not to find Madeleine - it was to find a reason to pin the crime on Kate.   

IMO We know why she didn't answer the questions.   IMO It was because her Lawyer advised her not to - and not because she couldn't answer them.     Obviously as a Portuguese lawyer he knew far more about what could happen to her if she did answer the questions than anyone else did - so why would she ignore his advice?   That would be a really stupid thing to do imo.

When we know the sort of stuff that was considered to be vital evidence by the PJ - like the DREAM for instance, or wearing a black top etc etc -  it was quite proper IMO for her lawyer to protect her from falling victim to that kind of mindset imo.

IMO Kate knew she wasn't guilty and so to expect her to do anything at all to help the PJ to pin the crime on herself is totally crackers IMO.   But that is exactly what is being suggested IMO.

AIMHO

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:32:05 AM by slartibartfast »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
Quick Moderator comment, all posters need to check their posts carefully for opinions. Some posters are posting “facts” that are merely beliefs.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:35 AM »

All the more reason, she should have wanted it clearing up if she wasn't involved. IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2017, 11:02:07 AM »
I believe the reason she didn't answer them was because they had made it obvious they were going to charge her,   they had already interrogated her quote -

Neves stated bluntly that he didn't believe my version of events.  It 'didn't fit' with what they knew.  Didn't fit? what did they know?  I was sobbing now.Unquote

Quote -  They proposed that when I put Madeleine to bed that night,  it wasn't actually the last time I'd seen her.  But it was It was! I felt I was being bullied,  and I suppose I was.  I assume these tactics were deliberate: knock her off balance by telling her that her daughter is dead and get her to confess.  Because I was in no doubt now that they were trying to make me say I'd killed Madeleine or knew what had happened to her.  I might be naive but I'm not stupid. Unquote

Quote -  On and on it went.   They tried to convince me I'd had a blackout - a loss of memory episode,  I think they called it. Unquote

IMO they were trying to get Kate to admit to something she hadn't done,  they they presented the 100% DNA of Madeleine [which wasn't true]

Can anyone honestly say,  if you had been in Kate's position they wouldn't have taken the advice of her lawyer?  Seriously?

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:37:39 AM by John »