Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52685 times)

Offline John

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
I can't believe that,   they had plenty of time to get their stories the same,  if indeed they had to.  They had given their statements,  and answered those questions in doing so.

I believe the reason she didn't answer them was because they had made it obvious they were going to charge her,   they had already interrogated her quote -

Neves stated bluntly that he didn't believe my version of events.  It 'didn't fit' with what they knew.  Didn't fit? what did they know?  I was sobbing now.Unquote

Quote -  They proposed that when I put Madeleine to bed that night,  it wasn't actually the last time I'd seen her.  But it was It was! I felt I was being bullied,  and I suppose I was.  I assume these tactics were deliberate: knock her off balance by telling her that her daughter is dead and get her to confess.  Because I was in no doubt now that they were trying to make me say I'd killed Madeleine or knew what had happened to her.  I might be naive but I'm not stupid. Unquote

Quote -  On and on it went.   They tried to convince me I'd had a blackout - a loss of memory episode,  I think they called it. Unquote

IMO they were trying to get Kate to admit to something she hadn't done,  they they presented the 100% DNA of Madeleine [which wasn't true]

Can anyone honestly say,  if you had been in Kate's position they wouldn't have taken the advice of her lawyer?  Seriously?

In my experience people only require a lawyer when they perceive themselves to be in serious difficulties.  Why did the McCanns even need a lawyer in the first place if they were victims in all of this?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
As far as I am aware he didn't

Then you are wrong. Colin Stagg answered all the questions asked of him.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »

In your opinion it is a myth.

It is a recorded fact she was searched for, by the police, holidaymakers, local residents etc.

Offline Lace

« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »
If the investigation was as incompetent as supporters would have us believe then it could very well have played in the McCanns favour. Incomplete or tainted forensics and mismanaged questioning could have let the McCanns, as well as A Nother perpetrator, of off the hook.

'Tainted forensics'  ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
Then you are wrong. Colin Stagg answered all the questions asked of him.

Do you have a cite.... otherwise it's just opinion

Offline John

« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »
Can we please stop the myth that Madeleine wasn't searched for.

She was.

I think Lace means after it was more or less established that she wasn't going to be found alive.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
Can you give proof that the McCann's didn't search for Madeleine please?  as there are witnesses who saw Gerry searching.

The last recorded 'search' was in the early morning after her disappearance.

Offline Lace

« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2017, 01:09:41 PM »
The last recorded 'search' was in the early morning after her disappearance.

Of course it was,  after that the police took over,  the McCann's were giving statements etc.

Offline Lace

« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
Not wasn't true, wasn't proved.

It wasn't 100% DNA of Madeleine which is what they were told was it?

Actually it wasn't proved but that didn't stop Amaral stating it as fact in his book.

Offline Lace

« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
In my experience people only require a lawyer when they perceive themselves to be in serious difficulties.  Why did the McCanns even need a lawyer in the first place if they were victims in all of this?

This is a quote where Kate talks about getting a lawyer,  it's after the dogs went in -

By this time,  we felt as if we had been completely cut adrift.  The police ignored us, we were up against a convoluted system neither of us really understood and the media juggernaut was now well and truly out of control.  If we were going to have any chance of protecting ourselves,  we needed somebody familiar with the system, a Portuguese lawyer, to represent our interests.  Later that day,  Gerry contacted Carlos Pinto de Abreu, a human-rights lawyer in Lisbon,  who'd been recommended to us, and arranged for us to go and see him the following afternoon. Unquote

Offline kizzy

« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2017, 01:18:07 PM »
IMO they were trying to frame her.   If they had arrested her then the case would have been closed,  the McCann's said 'then no one would be searching for Madeleine'   they wouldn't be because as far as the Portuguese would have been concerned,  the case would be closed Kate was guilty.

IMO Kate realised they weren't searching for Madeleine as soon as they started to try and pin the blame on her,  going to prison would have damaged the investigation as far as she was concerned,  so she took the advice of her lawyer.

Come onnnn, they had too many lawyers top lawyers for that to happen.  imo

Offline jassi

« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »

And a lot of media attention as well
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2017, 01:21:56 PM »

There was  a real possibility of the McCanns being arrested...imo
If arrested they would probably not have got bail....imo
Suspects can be held for as long as a year on remand
The McCanns were innocent but in big trouble imo
That's why they needed the lawyers

Offline Lace

« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

No they didn't,  see my reply to John,  that is the first time they talk about a lawyer.IMO   I'll like to see your cites saying differently.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:27:51 PM by Lace »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
Please let us watch out for Opinion as Fact.  I don't know how to do The Blue Stuff, and I don't have the time or patience.

Poster MUST do this themselves.