Author Topic: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?  (Read 52679 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Was Kate McCann right to decline to answer the 48 questions?
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
They had enough to worry the McCann's Portuguese lawyer. When Kingsley Napley were consulted on Saturday 8th their advice was to flee, which the McCanns did the following day.
madeleine page 268

Didn't they go home just one day earlier than the date previously planned and which had been approved of by the PJ for their departure? 

If so - that's hardly 'fleeing' IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2017, 10:57:15 AM »
I thought there was room for error in the translations and the files are incomplete are they not?

The archiving report says none of the evidence used to make the McCann's arguidos....that's none of the evidence.....amounted to anything

stephen25000

« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2017, 10:58:39 AM »
The archiving report says none of the evidence used to make the McCann's arguidos....that's none of the evidence.....amounted to anything

Please provide the cite.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2017, 11:10:29 AM »
Then cite

My response has mysteriously vanished.
I will come at it from a different angle.
This was my stake in the ground on this topic.
"An arguido may lie without fear of redress whereas a witness may be punished by the courts for lying if caught out".

Which bit do you want a cite for?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
Please provide the cite.

I'm on my phone at the moment but I'm sure someone familiar with the case has the quote...are you not aware of it

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
My response has mysteriously vanished.
I will come at it from a different angle.
This was my stake in the ground on this topic.
"An arguido may lie without fear of redress whereas a witness may be punished by the courts for lying if caught out".

Which bit do you want a cite for?

No punishment for lying

Offline Brietta

« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2017, 11:27:32 AM »
Please provide the cite.

Therefore, after all seen, analysed and duly pondered, with all that is left exposed, it is determined:

a) The archiving of the Process concerning arguido Robert James Queriol Eveleigh Murat, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code;

b) The archiving of the Process concerning arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.
http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/the-pjs-final-report-the-archiving-dispatch/#adi4

The reasoning behind that statement from the public prosecutors is laid out in greater detail in the previous pages of the final report.
Common sense dictates therefore that the evidence used to constitute these three individuals arguidos just didn't stand up to scrutiny: if it had ... the law would have taken a far different course from that which is on record.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:22:39 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
Therefore, after all seen, analysed and duly pondered, with all that is left exposed, it is determined:

a) The archiving of the Process concerning arguido Robert James Queriol Eveleigh Murat, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code;

b) The archiving of the Process concerning arguidos Gerald Patrick McCann and Kate Marie Healy, because there are no indications of the practise of any crime under the dispositions of article 277 number 1 of the Penal Process Code.
http://madeleinemccann.org/blog/2014/04/20/the-pjs-final-report-the-archiving-dispatch/#adi4

The reasoning behind that statement from the public prosecutors is laid out in greater detail in the previous pages of the final report.
Common sense dictates therefore that the evidence used to constitute these three individuals arguidos just didn't stand up to scrutiny: if it had ... the law would have taken a far different course from that which is on record.

As a reminder, investigating the parents would be standard practice.

It remains the case, that no person has been arrested in relation to Madeleine's disappearance.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:22:55 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2017, 11:46:23 AM »
As a reminder, investigating the parents would be standard practice.

It remains the case, that no person has been arrested in relation to Madeleine's disappearance.

As a reminder...imo everyone agree parents in such a case should always be considered as suspects...until being ruled out

stephen25000

« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2017, 12:01:49 PM »
As a reminder...imo everyone agree parents in such a case should always be considered as suspects...until being ruled out

Subject to new evidence.

Likewise, we do not know what either 'investigation' is currently doing.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2017, 12:07:28 PM »
No punishment for lying

Confirm the definition of "lying" upon which you rely is included in these:
"not telling the truth"; "untruthful"; "false"; "dishonest"; "mendacious"; "perfidious"; "deceitful".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2017, 01:20:30 PM »
Confirm the definition of "lying" upon which you rely is included in these:
"not telling the truth"; "untruthful"; "false"; "dishonest"; "mendacious"; "perfidious"; "deceitful".

It runs in my mind that the claim was made during discussion on the forum ... I've carried out a search but haven't come across it again.
I've got to admit it certainly doesn't sound kosher and Davel is correct to request a cite.  Maybe someone can come up with one ... or maybe will even remember the discussion.  So far it seems it is just you and I who seem to recall it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2017, 01:24:26 PM »
I would think that anything said when interviewed as an arguida can be used against you in court, as in Britain. It wouldn't help your case either if you later changed what you had said as an arguida.

Seems Kate's lawyer thought the PJ had a good case. He also expressed some concerns about some of her answers to questions on 6th. Hence his advice was either confess or say nothing.

With the alleged evidence of the dogs, Eddie and Keela, having been shown to be incorrect and have no value, I wonder how that lawyer feels now?

Offline sadie

« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2017, 01:37:13 PM »
They had enough to worry the McCann's Portuguese lawyer. When Kingsley Napley were consulted on Saturday 8th their advice was to flee, which the McCanns did the following day.
madeleine page 268
All based on Amarals not understanding of Eddie and Keelas alerts.  They had no evidence, but because Amaral pushed it, they thought that the PJ had evidence.

To make it clear Eddie and Keela provided questionable evidence, in contrast to Amarals belief that it was safe.