Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber - A review of the evidence which convicted him.  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Jeremy Bamber - A review of the evidence which convicted him.
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2020, 01:09:49 PM »
is there 2 barrel lengths 18 inches and 24 inches?  Are you saying they used the wrong barrel length in the documentary?
Yes.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »
There have been a lot of complaints recently about moderation. Some members feel that they have been unfairly moderated while some moderators are feeling exasperated. I try not to intervene in disputes but sometimes it is simply necessary.

I intend to introduce new moderation rules and enhanced penalties for any member who continues to breach our rules. In the meantime I will be monitoring posts and will be applying severe sanctions should this poor behaviour continue.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2020, 01:38:08 PM »
That ITV documentary has been discussed earlier on the forum http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=29.0
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
Yes.
What I haven't been able to find as yet is the official length of the barrel of the gun that lying on Sheila.   Was it 18, 24 or 28 inches long?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Myster

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »
What I haven't been able to find as yet is the official length of the barrel of the gun that lying on Sheila.   Was it 18, 24 or 28 inches long?
I don't know where you're getting the 28" from, as the standard length from the factory was 24" (610mm) which could then be threaded by the gunsmith to receive a moderator if requested.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=313&menu=106&seite=51&sprache=1&produktShow=detail&PHPSESSID=77f29b217478cf5d82b7c0201cc4e627

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2020, 02:01:45 PM »
I don't know where you're getting the 28" from, as the standard length from the factory was 24" (610mm) which could then be threaded by the gunsmith to receive a moderator if requested.

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?produktID=313&menu=106&seite=51&sprache=1&produktShow=detail&PHPSESSID=77f29b217478cf5d82b7c0201cc4e627
I got the 28" from the details in the advertisement for a gun https://www.gunstar.co.uk/j-g-anschutz-525-semi-auto-22-rifles/rifles/938892

From your link Barrel was 61 cm.  61 cm = 24 inches.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:05:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »
What I haven't been able to find as yet is the official length of the barrel of the gun that was photographed lying on Sheila.
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
What I haven't been able to find as yet is the official length of the barrel of the gun that was photographed lying on Sheila.
It might be hidden in the thousands of documents no-one has access to.  There's a measurement of something at bottom of this drawing (length 2"6'), which could be a misprint, or rather mistake...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2020, 09:16:33 PM »
Do you know how they measure the barrel length?   Is it from the point where the bullet gets inserted right to the end of the barrel?
What is most notable in photos is the distance from the end of the forestock to the barrel tip.  That distance in itself may not be an accurate guide as different guns may have varying lengths of the forestock. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:25:13 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2020, 06:26:51 AM »
It might be hidden in the thousands of documents no-one has access to.  There's a measurement of something at bottom of this drawing (length 2"6'), which could be a misprint, or rather mistake...
2' 6" = 30" which is an even longer barrel. 
I still maintain that a longer barrel will heat up less with the same number of bullets fired through them.  Reason: I propose is there was more metal to heat up, therefore the maximum temperature is less.

The other thing I suggest is that the hottest point on the barrel would be closest to where the bullet is held in the barrel.
In this video, they fire an AK 47 until it melts.  https://youtu.be/CfZcEjdvx8c
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 06:52:42 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2020, 11:40:48 PM »
2' 6" = 30" which is an even longer barrel. 
I still maintain that a longer barrel will heat up less with the same number of bullets fired through them.  Reason: I propose is there was more metal to heat up, therefore the maximum temperature is less.

The other thing I suggest is that the hottest point on the barrel would be closest to where the bullet is held in the barrel.
In this video, they fire an AK 47 until it melts.  https://youtu.be/CfZcEjdvx8c

I wonder if she used a finger or thumb to pull the trigger and why when she 'allegedly' shot herself the second time the jolt from the blast  didn't throw her arms in a different direction. The rifle was very neatly placed what a very tidy suicide it was. 'allegedly'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2020, 12:37:36 AM »

I wonder if she used a finger or thumb to pull the trigger and why when she 'allegedly' shot herself the second time the jolt from the blast  didn't throw her arms in a different direction. The rifle was very neatly placed what a very tidy suicide it was. 'allegedly'
IMO firing a .22 with low-velocity bullets would hardly have any recoil, but that too would be something to check by experiment.  How far would the gun recoil if not held firmly?
I have fired a shotgun and it really jumped back but from memory a .22 is comparatively gentle.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 08:27:09 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation