Author Topic: Documentary about Bambers fake lawyer Giovanni di Stefano.  (Read 2401 times)

david1819

Documentary about Bambers fake lawyer Giovanni di Stefano.
« on: January 31, 2015, 01:15:49 AM »
This is a good documentary. It discusses Bambers case a few times. It was made before Di Stefano was arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7we7CsYptU

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:00:43 PM by John »

david1819

Re: Documentary about Bambers fake lawyer Giovanni di Stefano.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:10:52 AM »
Having finished watching it only appears to mention Bamber once. I would have thought he would mention him more.

All in All its a huge embarrassment to the Crown. He more or less trolled the legal system freeing one killer in the process.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 03:20:53 AM »
He didn't do anything useful for Bamber so why would the case be mentioned much?  He took a great deal of money from people without doing anything useful for them that is the travesty.

“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
He didn't do anything useful for Bamber so why would the case be mentioned much?  He took a great deal of money from people without doing anything useful for them that is the travesty.

Very true, Di Stefano was all about high profile cases, adviser to Slobodan Milosevic and a friend of war criminal Arkan.  His associates at one time or another included Saddam Hussein, Robert Mugabe and even Osama bin Laden.

What I could never understand was why he was allowed to do what he did and especially in England.  As already stated, he had no formal legal qualifications, the Bar Association he claimed membership of in the US turned out to be nothing more than a glorified Law club.  The US university he claimed to have graduated from confirmed that his story was untrue.

One thing I will say, he knew his stuff legally and would have made a brilliant lawyer had he gone down the conventional route, he was very much the Devils Advocate!   Such a waste of talent!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:45:52 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

david1819

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »
One thing I will say, he knew his stuff legally and would have made a brilliant lawyer had he gone down the conventional route, he was very much the Devils Advocate!   Such a waste of talent!

He knew the law very well by constantly being on the wrong end of it. Gaining knowledge over the years covering his shady deals and shortcuts to fortune. He would not know a conventional route no matter how straight forward.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »
Very true, Di Stefano was all about high profile cases, adviser to Slobodan Milosevic and a friend of war criminal Arkan.  His associates at one time or another included Saddam Hussein, Robert Mugabe and even Osama bin Laden.

What I could never understand was why he was allowed to do what he did and especially in England.  As already stated, he had no formal legal qualifications, the Bar Association he claimed in the US turned out to be nothing more than a glorified Law club.  The US university he claimed to have graduated from confirmed that his story was untrue.

On cases where results were achieved he was co-counsel and they were not achieved because of him.  The only thing he did was sell defendants a bill of goods. A real lawyer would not have given false hope because they would have known the stuff he addressed was legally insignificant.  A good lawyer will not waste a client's time and money on efforts that will not produce any fruit.  It happens a lot though as lawyers pad their bills with such efforts.  From what I have seen of his efforts he wound have made a greedy s..mbag lawyer like the ones people contantly cry to me about (including people who want me to help them sue their lawyers) not a good one.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:00:27 PM by John »
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli