Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267385 times)

stephen25000

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #930 on: November 05, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
It's part of the very same Times article -  the content of which has been claimed as.. 'the troof'..  by some people.

So do you accept the Mccanns withheld vital evidence ?

Cariad

« Reply #931 on: November 05, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
what evidence do you have that they withheld evidence

The fact that the e-fits were not seen until 2013!

Morning, by the way.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #932 on: November 05, 2013, 09:33:57 AM »

Morning, by the way.

Plus that bundleman was discounted- yet they continued peddling him until Grange knocked it on the head. Perhaps not withholding evidence but curious way to behave if the search was sincere.

Offline Benice

« Reply #933 on: November 05, 2013, 09:34:55 AM »
So do you accept the Mccanns withheld vital evidence ?

Can we clear up my query first?    Do you believe it is true that (according to the Times article)  Mr. Smith has stressed that he no longer believes that GM was the person he saw?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #934 on: November 05, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
Can we clear up my query first?    Do you believe it is true that (according to the Times article)  Mr. Smith has stressed that he no longer believes that GM was the person he saw?

I believe they had good reasons to claim he did.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #935 on: November 05, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »

I believe Clarence has said that Mr. Smith has stressed that he no longer believes that GM was the person he saw.

Offline Carana

« Reply #936 on: November 05, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »
now what would a superspy be doing getting caught shoplifting AND accepting police caution

Henri Exton

Published: 30 July 2010
In August 2009 we said that Mr Exton was guilty of shoplifting and that he was sacked as a result.

Although he was cautioned, we accept that the caution was rescinded. He was not sacked and continued to work until he decided to retire. We apologise for the error.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/henri-exton-6497797.html

Offline Benice

« Reply #937 on: November 05, 2013, 09:49:05 AM »
I believe Clarence has said that Mr. Smith has stressed that he no longer believes that GM was the person he saw.

As that's news to me, may I ask when he made that statement plz?

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Aiofe

« Reply #938 on: November 05, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »

Morning, by the way.

Seen by whom?

Offline Carana

« Reply #939 on: November 05, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
Interestingly, an e-fit of a potential suspect / person of interest in the Alps murder case was only released last night, even though the police had the description very early on in the investigation. From the outside, that might seem odd, however they had their reasons: they had hoped to quietly trace an uncommon type of motorbike helmet on their own.

Lyall

Aiofe

« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
The public.

Does the public have the right to see all evidence, even that made immaterial by the non observance of the observers?

Lyall

« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
Does the public have the right to see all evidence, even that made immaterial by the non observance of the observers?

"non observance of the observers"? What do you mean?

Aiofe

« Reply #943 on: November 05, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »
"non observance of the observers"? What do you mean?

The Smiths previously denied seeing his face.

My view is that the e-fits are suspected to be useless given their provenance, but TV being a visual medium, needs visual hooks. The presence of visual hooks probably increases the total response rate. E fits anyway are known to be very unreliable.

Lyall

« Reply #944 on: November 05, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »
The Smiths previously denied seeing his face.

My view is that the e-fits are suspected to be useless given their provenance, but TV being a visual medium, needs visual hooks. The presence of visual hooks probably increases the total response rate. E fits anyway are known to be very unreliable.

I think you may be right. The papers appear to have already lost interest in them, which supports your theory.