Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267384 times)

Aiofe

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #975 on: November 07, 2013, 04:47:09 AM »
Lie......please represent the facts...because you cant back up that lie, ta and there was me thinking you  were such a strickler for facts

Mr Smith:

Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

Mrs Smith:

the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top.

So, neither gathered any information about the face of the man- he could have had a beard or moustache or glasses even. There is no memory of chin shape, eye shape, nose shape, cheekbones, scars, etc. They may have glanced at the face but they did not see enough to add any detail to their description.

Yet months later they provided an e-fit.

Offline jassi

« Reply #976 on: November 07, 2013, 08:26:46 AM »
Mr Smith:

Regarding the description of the individual who carried the child he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had an average build, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not wear glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

Mrs Smith:

the individual was male, Caucasian, light-skinned, between 20/30 years of age, of normal physical build, around 1,70/1,75 metres in height. At the time she saw his face but now cannot remember it. She thinks that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember seeing tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not notice his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, short at the back (normal) and a bit longer on the top.

So, neither gathered any information about the face of the man- he could have had a beard or moustache or glasses even. There is no memory of chin shape, eye shape, nose shape, cheekbones, scars, etc. They may have glanced at the face but they did not see enough to add any detail to their description.

Yet months later they provided an e-fit.

You appear to have just contradicted what you wrote in the first paragraph
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #977 on: November 07, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »
The PJ did nothing with the e fit,   Mr Smith said he was 60/80% sure it was Gerry,  the PJ said Gerry was in the Tapas Bar at the time the Smiths saw the man and so dismissed the e.vit.

Could the McCann's have released the e.vit?    I don't think so.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #978 on: November 07, 2013, 10:06:44 AM »
Mrs Smith never stated, neither for the Gardai nor for the PJ.
There's no evidence that, when the alarm was raised, the Smith family wasn't yet at the Kelly's.

Offline jassi

« Reply #979 on: November 07, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »

They both admit that they noticed nothing of note about the man's face; so how did they later provide details for the e-fits?

On the contrary, according to your post, Mr Smith says that the man was NOT wearing glasses, or beard or moustache. That seems fairly definite to me in as far as it goes.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #980 on: November 14, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
Not sure if it is significant but this article has now been removed

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #981 on: November 14, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »
It seem odd that all the other articles are still there but this one has gone

Lyall

« Reply #982 on: November 14, 2013, 11:03:04 PM »
Which article Davel?

Offline Apostate

Offline Luz

« Reply #985 on: November 15, 2013, 12:13:42 PM »
It seem odd that all the other articles are still there but this one has gone

Carter Rucked, obviously!

It's good that they printed it in paper: it's here to stay.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:15:13 PM by Luz »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #986 on: November 15, 2013, 12:15:34 PM »
this one?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3906190.ece

No its not that one..thats the one by dominic kennedy...the original one was by the insight reporters...just wondering why it is now no longer available

Redblossom

« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
Does it matter?

No!

Worlds seen it...So what was in the  original Times article  that wasnt  inthe Kennedy version? Both articles are on this thread infull, perhaps you want to do a comparison.....do shout if you need help locating them.....

Also why do you think it has apparently gone awol.....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:02:36 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #988 on: November 15, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »
The Telegraph, Star and Mail articles are also still there.

(At the moment....)

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?