Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267380 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #1305 on: July 30, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
Just a reminder -

We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009.

We apologise for the distress caused."

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece

Perhaps the question should be why it was necessary for the family of a missing child to commission firms of private investigators to look for her in the first place.

When the information was properly relayed to the investigating authorities it was assumed it would be acted on. 

It was only discovered in 2010 that the lead investigator in Portugal, Ricardo Paiva, had filed this information as “Not Relevant to the Inquiry” along with all the other information sent in from individuals and official police sources.

No worries about that dereliction of duty, Stephen?

Could you provide a cite for your claim Brietta  ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1306 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:08 AM »

Could you provide a cite for your claim Brietta  ?

Indeed I could if I wanted to, Faithlilly, but since it is a well known fact which emerged at the beginning of the libel hearings ... I think you will easily locate reference to it using any search engine of your coice.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1307 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
Indeed I could if I wanted to, Faithlilly, but since it is a well known fact which emerged at the beginning of the libel hearings ... I think you will easily locate reference to it using any search engine of your coice.

Yet another no then.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #1308 on: July 30, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »
Just a reminder -

We accept that the articles may have been understood to suggest that the McCanns had withheld information from the authorities. This was not the case. We now understand and accept that the efits had been provided to the Portuguese and Leicestershire police by October 2009.

We apologise for the distress caused."

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/regulars/corrections/article1357081.ece

Perhaps the question should be why it was necessary for the family of a missing child to commission firms of private investigators to look for her in the first place.

When the information was properly relayed to the investigating authorities it was assumed it would be acted on. 

It was only discovered in 2010 that the lead investigator in Portugal, Ricardo Paiva, had filed this information as “Not Relevant to the Inquiry” along with all the other information sent in from individuals and official police sources.

No worries about that dereliction of duty, Stephen?

Perhaps you can't read or understand.

Why didn't the mccanns publish the e-fits themselves ?

After all they were 'searching' for Madeleine, weren't they ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1309 on: July 30, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »

What I know is that Isabel Duarte claimed that there was information in a file held by the PJ which was marked not relevant, a claim subsequently picked up by the British press. There is no evidence that the information in that file had not already been looked at and deemed irrelevant but as a piece of propaganda I'm sure it had the wished for effect on the less intelligent members of our community.

What you have simply made up is that the efits constructed by the McCann's PIs were included in the aforementioned file and the fact that you cannot provide one cite to substantiate your claim speaks volumes...

[ moderated ]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 01:58:22 AM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1310 on: July 30, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »
Perhaps you can't read or understand.

Why didn't the mccanns publish the e-fits themselves ?

After all they were 'searching' for Madeleine, weren't they ?

I read and understand very well, Stephen.  Can you tell me what the lead policing authority in Portugal was doing to find Madeleine ... apart from shelving her case?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:26:14 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1311 on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:08 PM »
I read and understand very well, Stephen.  Can you tell me what the lead policing authority in Portugal was doing to find Madeleine ... apart from shelving her case?

As you well know, no trace of Madeleine was found, and that remains the case no matter the bluster from SY , which has gone nowhere.

So try answering the question, why didn't the mccanns publish the e-fit ?

Weren't they 'searching' ?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1312 on: July 30, 2014, 12:39:22 PM »
They weren't in their leaving no stone unturned book so they were suppressed!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1313 on: July 30, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »
They weren't in their leaving no stone unturned book so they were suppressed!

Either that, or the McCanns considered them so unimportant that they could safely be excluded.
If this were the case, then the PJ can hardly be blamed if they came to the same conclusion
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

ferryman

« Reply #1314 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:26 PM »
Most likely Scotland Yard and the PJ decided that the context of a live investigation was necessary to release the efits.

They are finicky like that, national police forces ...

ferryman

« Reply #1315 on: July 30, 2014, 01:58:34 PM »
You really can't release an e-fit of someone carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted other than in the context of a live police investigation.

Simple as that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1316 on: July 30, 2014, 02:04:36 PM »
You really can't release an e-fit of someone carrying a child in close proximity to apartment 5a at just about the time Madeleine is known to have been abducted other than in the context of a live police investigation.

Simple as that.

Don't be a numpty. There was no live police investigation taking place when these efits were produced by the McCanns - late 2008.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #1317 on: July 30, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
Don't be a numpty. There was no live police investigation taking place when these efits were produced by the McCanns.

Key words in close proximity to apartment 5a at the time Madeleine was abducted ...

stephen25000

« Reply #1318 on: July 31, 2014, 07:30:45 PM »
Now back on topic dave, why didn't the mccanns release the e-fits on their website when they were given them ?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:15:27 AM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1319 on: July 31, 2014, 07:34:07 PM »
Now back on topic dave, why didn't the mccanns release the e-fits on their website when they were given them ?

Why didn't the PJ ... they are the lead authority after all?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:15:02 AM by John »