Author Topic: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.  (Read 267386 times)

Offline Apostate

Re: Sunday Times claim that Smith e-fits had been suppressed for 5 years.
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »
This not some  'Maddie found in Greece'  sensationalist tabloid garbage

It is a serious piece of investigative journalism, and  The Times are to be congratulated for being brave enough to run with it  ...  something,  I feel certain they would  not  have done without absolute confidence in the accuracy of the piece  (  particularly post Leveson )

And unless they've made up the response from the Fund "spokesman" it appears to  be true. Of course if it's all made up Carter Ruck will take News to the cleaners so we needn't worry the truth will be established.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
This not some  'Maddie found in Greece'  sensationalist tabloid garbage

It is a serious piece of investigative journalism, and  The Times are to be congratulated for being brave enough to run with it  ...  something,  I feel certain they would  not  have done without absolute confidence in the accuracy of the piece  (  particularly post Leveson )

well it seems another story by these two cost the times half  a million

icabodcrane

« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »
well it seems another story by these two cost the times half  a million

All the more reason to be certain that the Times legal bods would have been all over this before it went to press 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
All the more reason to be certain that the Times legal bods would have been all over this before it went to press

as I have said..lets wait and see.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »

Murdochs vs McCanns   Don't think I'd want to be on the McCanns side in that battle.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
Murdochs vs McCanns   Don't think I'd want to be on the McCanns side in that battle.

It would be Carter Ruck vs Murdoch and as the two reporters who wrote the article lost the last libel action they were involved in....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
It would be Carter Ruck vs Murdoch and as the two reporters who wrote the article lost the last libel action they were involved in....

I doubt he would lose any sleep over it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Apostate

« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »

No it would be the McCanns I don't believe Carter Ruck would suggest the article is defamatory to them.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
No it would be the McCanns I don't believe Carter Ruck would suggest the article is defamatory to them.

yes its quite supportive of them isn't it

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »
Why do you think Paulo Rebelo dropped the proceedings concerning the Smith family ?

The Smith sighting as far as Amaral was concerned, was insignificant until September 2007. He had the same description of the man in May 2007. Rebelo dodn't take over till 10/10/2007.

I may be committing a defamation crime, but I believe that Rebelo was ordered to file the case, instead of following the very important lead Amaral was following about the Smith's sighting.

Rebelo ordered by who? Amaral didn't think it was a very important lead, till he thought Martin Smith had implicated Gerry.

You can't blame Rebelo for Amarals mistakes!

Amaral was removed from the coordination but remained connected to the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:54:12 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/27/madeleine-mccann-kate-gerry-mi5_n_4167645.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Madeleine McCann Suspect E-Fit 'Produced By Former Spies In 2008 And Suppressed By Parents'

Evidence recently presented as a "breakthrough" in the hunt for Madeleine McCann was reportedly produced for her parents by a group of former spies in 2008.

Kate and Gerry McCann hand-picked a team of former MI5 agents after becoming fed up with the pace and direction of the original Portuguese investigation.

The intelligence report was kept secret for five years as it was deemed "hyper-critical" of the McCanns and their friends, reports the Sunday Times.

The contents were only made public after Scotland Yard investigators requested a copy when conducting a fresh review of the case

E-fits of a man seen at the time of Madeleine's disappearance shown on a special edition of Crimewatch last week and presented as new evidence are in fact from the 2008 report.

Detectives also said the accepted version of events surrounding the disappearance the little girl in 2007 had "significantly changed".

One of the authors of the 2008 report said he was "utterly stunned" the evidence had been presented in such a way.

Henri Exton, MI5’s former undercover operations chief, who led the group, confirmed they had been silenced by the McCanns.

He said: "A letter came from their lawyers binding us to the confidentiality of the report."

The Crimewatch appeal prompted thousands of calls from the public.

The news comes in the same week as Portugal's attorney general approved a police request to re-open the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine.

The case was shelved in 2008 leaving detectives from the UK's Metropolitan Police Service to carry on the search.

Carrie-Marie Bratley of the Portugal news told Sky News: "There are people who are extremely supportive of the McCanns, there are people who are extremely sympathetic ... and they are very much interested in this case.

She added that officers in any new investigation would have had no involvement in the initial police operation and were chosen for "their emotional and physical distance from this case in the hope that maybe they could go over it with a fine-tooth comb and come up with something, which it seems they may have done."

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:08 PM »
Henri Exton, MI5’s former undercover operations chief, who led the group, confirmed they had been silenced by the McCanns.

He said: "A letter came from their lawyers binding us to the confidentiality of the report."

Isn't that how it should be?

Notice how much that article has changed already >@@(*&)
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

AnneGuedes

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »
Sure.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »

He said: "A letter came from their lawyers binding us to the confidentiality of the report."[/b]
Their contract likely had a clause of confidentiality. Under which terms can the letter of a lawyer bind to confidentiality ?
How did that report come into SY's hands ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
A sensational story IF TRUE

Yet no other paper has repeated it yet...sky news..bbc news..itv news