Author Topic: Analysis of CoA Hearing 2002  (Read 9881 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Analysis of CoA Hearing 2002
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 11:36:29 AM »
JB was questioned about the bible during his interviews.  He was asked whether he had ever handled it and he said he may have done to hit June's small dog Crispy. 

JB's trial transcript doesn't appear to have survived so I don't know what if anything he said about it at trial. 

I don't recall reading anything from SC's psychiatrist re the bible but I've only read his WS's not TT. 

There's no evidence SC or JB handled the bible.  It's the only bloodstained exhibit where the bloodstain test results remain unknown.  This is one of the many reasons I say the lawyers and judges were incompetent and negligent in that they all assumed, wrongly IMO, the blood originated from SC.  The evidence points to June.

Put aside your theories and focus on Bambers. Focus on the people he persuaded to hear his manufactured version of events. Go back to the beginning and look at the times and dates of those people he slowly started to hook in with his lies.

Whether you like it or not Holly, Bamber was responsible for his 2002 appeal. His legal team were working for him. You can make all the excuses you like and blame his legal teams for failing to put forward certain points, same applies with the CCRC.

I recall when the CCRC referred Simon Hall's case back in 2009. There was a disputes between Campbell Malone and Michael Naughton. I was in the middle of it all, wrongly believing Hall was innocent. The dispute came up again at the COA in 2010. It was about the knife evidence, which the CCRC hadn't referred on.

Bottom line Holly, sometimes all is not as it seems. I'm not suggesting you are clueless btw but without Bamber being open, honest and as transparent as he expect all other parties to be, ultimately you are only working with part of the story.

"Private Eye in November 2009, made public that other evidence which could positively prove Simon Hall’s innocence was uncovered by the University of Bristol Innocence Project investigation. This relates to another burglary which occurred on the night of Joan Albert’s murder, just ten minutes away from where she lived.

"Crucially, students uncovered a statement by a witness, who did not give evidence at trial, who identified the murder weapon as similar, if not identical, to the one that had gone missing from the burgled house: it had the same colour handle, length of blade and rivets on the knife handle. Simon Hall, who has evidence that he was out all night with his friends on the night/morning of Joan Albert’s murder could not have committed the burglary and obtain the knife which could have been used to kill her.

"In addition, the schedule of unused material made reference to DNA profile(s) belonging to ‘more than one person’ that were found on the handle of the knife. This DNA evidence has never been disclosed, despite requests from Simon Hall’s original defence solicitor. It is our contention that if it incriminated Simon Hall the DNA profile(s) would have been disclosed and used at trial by the prosecution.

"However, within weeks of the University of Bristol Innocence Project highlighting the existence of this evidence, the Criminal Cases Review Commission announced that it was referring his case back to the Court of Appeal on grounds of the possible unreliability of the fibre evidence.

"But, the Criminal Cases Review Commission did not fully investigate the possible evidential value of the DNA profile(s) and the witness who identified the murder weapon prior to referring Mr Hall’s case.

"This undoubtedly diminished the possible impact that the evidence could have had on the appeal had it been fully explored. As such, although the evidence of the knife and burglary was included as a supplementary ground of appeal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, it is perhaps not surprising that it did not feature at all in Simon Hall’s appeal.

"The failure to fully investigate the DNA profile(s) and the identification of the murder weapon as stolen from the other burglary highlights the extent to which the criminal justice system is not concerned with innocence or guilt.

"The Criminal Cases Review Commission and the Court of Appeal generally only consider evidence that was not available or adduced at the time of the trial or in previous appeals. Under the existing system the evidence relating to the other burglary will not be able to be used in any subsequent applications to the Criminal Cases Review Commission or feature in any future appeals.

"Until such time as the criminal justice system takes claims of innocence seriously and seeks the truth of whether alleged victims of wrongful convictions are innocent or not, it seems that the door is closed on the evidence which could exonerate Simon Hall entirely and potentially even lead to the conviction of the real perpetrator(s) of Joan Albert’s murder." https://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2010/7432.html

The innocent project were wrong.
Michael Naughton was wrong.
The CCRC were wrong.
Tiernan Coyle was wrong.
I was wrong.
Private Eye were wrong
Ray Hollinswoth was wrong.
Many people were wrong.

Simon Hall was guilty. He wasn't involved in the Higham burglary because he was too busy with his mate elsewhere burgling Zenith. What many of us had presumed regarding the knife evidence was wrong. The knife found at the murder scene had not been stolen. It came from the kitchen drawer of Hall's victim.

And as I've said numerous times before, until such time that Michael Naughton and all those others who were conned admit to having been conned and go back and revise their public claims, Jeremy Bambers supporters and many other supporters of many other claims of innocence will be working on the misleading (factually wrong) statements of others.

I ask again what does Jeremy Bamber say about the bible? I'm not interested in hearing from those people he has persuaded to come up with theories relating to it. What did he say when he was facing a murder charge. What did he say during his trial. What did his defence team at trial put forward?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:15:58 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »
David just for you...

I refute your theory about SC's palm print appearing in/on the bible.

I refute MT QC's theory SC handled the bible and the open pages represented her state of mind.

- The bible belonged to June and was kept in/on her bedside cabinet.  June was  deeply religious to the point the CoA described it as obsessive.  She attended weekly bible classes.

- The bible was collected at soc and given the exhibit number DRH/44.  Unlike all other bloodstained exhibits tested at FSS bloodstain test results for the bible were not made available.  Of course the defence should have chased up but they didn't. 

- Fingerprint testing revealed the following:

52. The Bible found by Sheila Caffell's body, belonged to her mother and was normally kept in a cupboard to the right of her bed. It was examined for fingerprints. Many belonged to June Bamber and there were a small number of insufficient detail for comparison, save for one which appeared to have been made by a small child.

- Bearing in mind we know from A/PS Woodcock's WS that SC was moved between 7.30am - 10.30am we have no precise idea of the bibles found position. 

- The pathologist stated SC's palms and fingers were uncontaminated with blood.  The reverse was so for June.

- The bible is full of Abrahamic myths with themes along the lines of the open pages.  To my mind saying the open pages represent SC's state of mind is akin to the overweight horoscope guy in the tabloids, Russell someone.

- SC wasn't particularly religious.  Has she been she would have taken her own bible to WHF

My theory re the bible is that June having sustained gsw's in bed and getting out bed reached for her bible in her hour of need.  She walked from her side of the bed to NB's and back where she collapsed.  As she started to lose consciousness NB's side of the bed she dropped the bible. 

Why do you believe  SC sought out the bible and what evidence do you have for this?

David are you going to respond to the above? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

david1819

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »
David just for you...

I refute your theory about SC's palm print appearing in/on the bible.

I refute MT QC's theory SC handled the bible and the open pages represented her state of mind.

- The bible belonged to June and was kept in/on her bedside cabinet.  June was  deeply religious to the point the CoA described it as obsessive.  She attended weekly bible classes.

- The bible was collected at soc and given the exhibit number DRH/44.  Unlike all other bloodstained exhibits tested at FSS bloodstain test results for the bible were not made available.  Of course the defence should have chased up but they didn't. 

- Fingerprint testing revealed the following:

52. The Bible found by Sheila Caffell's body, belonged to her mother and was normally kept in a cupboard to the right of her bed. It was examined for fingerprints. Many belonged to June Bamber and there were a small number of insufficient detail for comparison, save for one which appeared to have been made by a small child.

- Bearing in mind we know from A/PS Woodcock's WS that SC was moved between 7.30am - 10.30am we have no precise idea of the bibles found position. 

- The pathologist stated SC's palms and fingers were uncontaminated with blood.  The reverse was so for June.

- The bible is full of Abrahamic myths with themes along the lines of the open pages.  To my mind saying the open pages represent SC's state of mind is akin to the overweight horoscope guy in the tabloids, Russell someone.

- SC wasn't particularly religious.  Has she been she would have taken her own bible to WHF

My theory re the bible is that June having sustained gsw's in bed and getting out bed reached for her bible in her hour of need.  She walked from her side of the bed to NB's and back where she collapsed.  As she started to lose consciousness NB's side of the bed she dropped the bible. 

Why do you believe  SC sought out the bible and what evidence do you have for this?

You're wrong. I have already given you the reasons why, and nothing has changed since. No need to reiterate.

david1819

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
David are you going to respond to the above?

Done

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »
David re your claim MT QC simply run with EL's theory DCI Ainsley used the kitchen tel thus inadvertently removing blood from NB.  I have posted up on the other thread that barristers are duty bound to put up the best defence case for the lay person (client) irrespective of any other person(s) or organisation.  Your excuses for MT that he was taking up the mantle and acting on instructions from others simply don't hold.

Ground 12, point 429:

MT QC claims DCI Ainsley inadvertently removed blood from the kitchen phone are nonsense:

- NB sustained 8 gsw's.  The 4 to his head individually or collectively immobilised him meaning he must have sustained the upstairs gsw's first.  We know he sustained 4 gsw's upstairs based on casings.  The two gsw's he sustained to his lip and jaw meant he was unable to engage in purposeful speech thereafter.  How did he then call and speak to JB having sustained the gsw's upstairs?  There was no trace of blood found on the phone.  A careful read of the pathology reports, casing layout diagram, layout of WHF and bloodstain test results makes clear:

- NB was first shot on landing approaching main bedroom probably having come from kitchen cutting short the call to JB. 

So why did MT argue point 12 as he did? 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
You're wrong. I have already given you the reasons why, and nothing has changed since. No need to reiterate.

Please refer me to the post.  Thanks Holly.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 04:35:18 PM »
David re your claim MT QC simply run with EL's theory DCI Ainsley used the kitchen tel thus inadvertently removing blood from NB.  I have posted up on the other thread that barristers are duty bound to put up the best defence case for the lay person (client) irrespective of any other person(s) or organisation.  Your excuses for MT that he was taking up the mantle and acting on instructions from others simply don't hold.

Ground 12, point 429:

MT QC claims DCI Ainsley inadvertently removed blood from the kitchen phone are nonsense:

- NB sustained 8 gsw's.  The 4 to his head individually or collectively immobilised him meaning he must have sustained the upstairs gsw's first.  We know he sustained 4 gsw's upstairs based on casings.  The two gsw's he sustained to his lip and jaw meant he was unable to engage in purposeful speech thereafter.  How did he then call and speak to JB having sustained the gsw's upstairs?  There was no trace of blood found on the phone.  A careful read of the pathology reports, casing layout diagram, layout of WHF and bloodstain test results makes clear:

- NB was first shot on landing approaching main bedroom probably having come from kitchen cutting short the call to JB. 

So why did MT argue point 12 as he did?

Because Jeremy Bamber told him to.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
But I haven't got any convictions! 

These points are minor in relation to the blood and silencer and at best can only ever form secondary points to an appeal. 

As part of the 1989 appeal, when Rivlin was still running with the mixed blood theory, he suggested the flake of blood would not withstand the environment within the silencer eg hot gasses etc.  I'm sure you will recall the mixed blood theory involves a theory whereby blood spattered back from NB and June's gsw's and/or the beating NB sustained resulting in combined blood group test results which match SC's blood group test results as a stand alone.  To demonstrate this wasn't so FSS claimed it placed blood within a number of silencers, discharged the same rifle 25 times and claimed the blood wasn't compromised in that it was still able to produce blood group test results.  This is at odds with all other forensic literature and to my mind tells me there was something wrong at the lab.  Bearing in mind blood serology testing requires a good quality sample.  Blasting 25 bullets through the silencer with the accompanying hot gases would obliterate any blood.

I don't think FSS was run by forensic scientists as we know them today.  Rather it housed a bunch of guys (and they were mainly guys) with science degrees eg biology, chemistry and made it up on the hoof in an attempt to show whatever the police were looking for.

There were many women also working for the FSS Holly and you don't have proof for the claims you have made.

Your comment "I don't this FSS was run by forensic scientist as we know them today" does not make sense. After the FSS disbanded, many of the experts went off and  set up on their own and are still practicing in their fields of work today.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »
I'm beginning to think MT QC's teacher may have been right:

Turner’s mother was given a letter saying her seven-year-old son should go to “a school for the educationally subnormal” but refused to believe it. She took him off to an IQ test, in which he scored highly. “I was – I am – a dyslexic.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9716069/Devils-advocate-Michael-Turner-prepares-for-his-toughest-case.html

You appear to be cherry picking Holly.

"But he has also represented the likes of Jeremy Bamber, who on Thursday lost his latest appeal against a whole-term life sentence for the murder of five relatives. So what is it like to stand up in court and plead the case for a killer?
Everybody asks me that,” says this expert cross-examiner, looking sternly over the top of his half-moon glasses. “The answer is that you don’t know if someone’s guilty. You take instructions from your client. You think: 'Oh no, this sounds really unlikely.’ Then you test it and find out that what he says might actually be true. A jury might believe him. So you give it everything you’ve got.”
Does he believe Bamber is innocent? “Passionately.”
Not that he always has to believe that. “It’s not my job to believe my client. It’s my job to represent him
His ability to pull apart the evidence, then put an argument with a combination of tact, charm and brutal directness is one reason why thousands of criminal lawyers have chosen him as their own advocate. The newly elected chairman of the Criminal Bar Association promises to lead a battle against the proposed reform of Legal Aid."

I've no idea what the score is between you and David but if I were you, I would stop doing Jeremy Bambers bidding. It could land you in a whole heap of trouble.

I'm presuming MT QC blocked you because you were harassing him? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If Bambers thinks the things you think then let Bamber deal with it. Don't go getting involved with something you do not have the full picture on. You have no idea of what went on between MT QC and Bamber around the time of his trial.

I think you should read up on dyslexia. In the past, many gifted students were let down due to schools and teachers lack of knowledge and understanding of the needs of their pupils, especially those with with dyslexia.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 06:26:06 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »
Done

As is the case of Jeremy Bamber!

"Lord Justice Kay said that for a number of reasons the court had concluded "that the jury's verdicts were safe". He pointed out that it was not the function of the court to decide whether or not the appellant committed the murders. The judge said: "We do not doubt the safety of the verdicts and we have recorded in our judgment the fact that the more we examined the detail of the case, the more likely we thought it to be that the jury were right, although as explained we can never go further than that." https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/dec/12/ukcrimel

Defence counsel, Michael Turner QC, told the judges during the hearing that there had been "many compelling points" in his favour at trial supporting his case that he did not "assassinate" his entire adoptive family, but that they were killed by his sister before she committed suicide.

It was also argued that evidence was "deliberately withheld so as to unfairly bolster the prosecution's case and secure a conviction".

But Victor Temple QC, opposing the appeal, told the judges that the Crown's principal submission was "that there has been no evidence placed before your lordships to enable this court to doubt the safety of these convictions".

Mr Temple told the judges: "At the end of the day nought plus nought equals nought and if that is right ... these convictions for murder remain safe and we would invite you to uphold these convictions."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:02:43 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »
Put aside your theories and focus on Bambers. Focus on the people he persuaded to hear his manufactured version of events. Go back to the beginning and look at the times and dates of those people he slowly started to hook in with his lies.

Whether you like it or not Holly, Bamber was responsible for his 2002 appeal. His legal team were working for him. You can make all the excuses you like and blame his legal teams for failing to put forward certain points, same applies with the CCRC

I recall when the CCRC referred Simon Hall's case back in 2009. There was a disputes between Campbell Malone and Michael Naughton. I was in the middle of it all, wrongly believing Hall was innocent. The dispute came up again at the COA in 2010. It was about the knife evidence, which the CCRC hadn't referred on.

Bottom line Holly, sometimes all is not as it seems. I'm not suggesting you are clueless btw but without Bamber being open, honest and as transparent as he expect all other parties to be, ultimately you are only working with part of the story.

"Private Eye in November 2009, made public that other evidence which could positively prove Simon Hall’s innocence was uncovered by the University of Bristol Innocence Project investigation. This relates to another burglary which occurred on the night of Joan Albert’s murder, just ten minutes away from where she lived.

"Crucially, students uncovered a statement by a witness, who did not give evidence at trial, who identified the murder weapon as similar, if not identical, to the one that had gone missing from the burgled house: it had the same colour handle, length of blade and rivets on the knife handle. Simon Hall, who has evidence that he was out all night with his friends on the night/morning of Joan Albert’s murder could not have committed the burglary and obtain the knife which could have been used to kill her.

"In addition, the schedule of unused material made reference to DNA profile(s) belonging to ‘more than one person’ that were found on the handle of the knife. This DNA evidence has never been disclosed, despite requests from Simon Hall’s original defence solicitor. It is our contention that if it incriminated Simon Hall the DNA profile(s) would have been disclosed and used at trial by the prosecution.

"However, within weeks of the University of Bristol Innocence Project highlighting the existence of this evidence, the Criminal Cases Review Commission announced that it was referring his case back to the Court of Appeal on grounds of the possible unreliability of the fibre evidence.

"But, the Criminal Cases Review Commission did not fully investigate the possible evidential value of the DNA profile(s) and the witness who identified the murder weapon prior to referring Mr Hall’s case.

"This undoubtedly diminished the possible impact that the evidence could have had on the appeal had it been fully explored. As such, although the evidence of the knife and burglary was included as a supplementary ground of appeal by the Criminal Cases Review Commission, it is perhaps not surprising that it did not feature at all in Simon Hall’s appeal.

"The failure to fully investigate the DNA profile(s) and the identification of the murder weapon as stolen from the other burglary highlights the extent to which the criminal justice system is not concerned with innocence or guilt.

"The Criminal Cases Review Commission and the Court of Appeal generally only consider evidence that was not available or adduced at the time of the trial or in previous appeals. Under the existing system the evidence relating to the other burglary will not be able to be used in any subsequent applications to the Criminal Cases Review Commission or feature in any future appeals.

"Until such time as the criminal justice system takes claims of innocence seriously and seeks the truth of whether alleged victims of wrongful convictions are innocent or not, it seems that the door is closed on the evidence which could exonerate Simon Hall entirely and potentially even lead to the conviction of the real perpetrator(s) of Joan Albert’s murder." https://www.bristol.ac.uk/news/2010/7432.html

The innocent project were wrong.
Michael Naughton was wrong.
The CCRC were wrong.
Tiernan Coyle was wrong.
I was wrong.
Private Eye were wrong
Ray Hollinswoth was wrong.
Many people were wrong.

Simon Hall was guilty. He wasn't involved in the Higham burglary because he was too busy with his mate elsewhere burgling Zenith. What many of us had presumed regarding the knife evidence was wrong. The knife found at the murder scene had not been stolen. It came from the kitchen drawer of Hall's victim.

And as I've said numerous times before, until such time that Michael Naughton and all those others who were conned admit to having been conned and go back and revise their public claims, Jeremy Bambers supporters and many other supporters of many other claims of innocence will be working on the misleading (factually wrong) statements of others.

I ask again what does Jeremy Bamber say about the bible? I'm not interested in hearing from those people he has persuaded to come up with theories relating to it. What did he say when he was facing a murder charge. What did he say during his trial. What did his defence team at trial out forward?

I should have added the following; taken from the 2002 COA judgement
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Crim/2002/2912.html

"Our conclusion was that we should not therefore admit the evidence and we have had no regard to it in reaching our conclusion. It can, however, be said about it that if it had been called at trial, it may well have represented yet another formidable string to the prosecution's bow in a case where even without any regard to that evidence, it has to be said that the prosecution were able to put forward a very strong case pointing to guilt.

"General observations
We would finally wish to make two general observations before leaving the case. The first is to pay tribute to the industry and efficiency of all concerned with the presentation to the court of this appeal. There is now a mountain of paperwork that relates to these matters but as a result of co-operation between the two sides the relevant documentation was marshalled together in a way that provided us with the maximum assistance in understanding the points to be made by each side. For that we are very grateful just as we are for way in which argument was presented orally by both Mr Turner and Mr Temple. Without these advantages this case would have taken up more of the court's time than it did.
In this regard there is one further observation that we feel compelled to make. That is that it seems to us that there is a significant deficiency in the statutory framework that provides for a reference by the CCRC to this court of a matter. We have no difficulty at all with the concept that there should be a machinery to review potential miscarriages of justice, where no other avenue of appeal remains. Once a matter has been referred to this court it is clearly right that the court should fully consider those matters that have caused the case to be referred by the CCRC. However, it does seem remarkable to us that the appellant, following a referral to the court, is then entitled to raise any matter he wishes as a ground of appeal without either it having been deemed worthy of consideration by the CCRC or the leave of the court having first been obtained. We have no doubt that some of the matters that occupied the time of the court raised on behalf of the appellant were of such little merit that the court would, if it had power, have refused leave to argue them. As a result notwithstanding the economical advocacy of counsel and the efficient preparation of the case, the case lasted some days longer than could be justified by some of the points that were taken. We would not want to see an appellant shut out from trying to raise a point following a referral but we can see no justification for not having the filter present in such circumstances of requiring leave to raise additional matters to those referred by the CCRC that is present in all other appeals brought by a convicted person. The Court of Appeal Criminal Division is pressed to deal sufficiently expeditiously with the caseload that it has and time unnecessarily wasted means that cases where the court subsequently determines that someone is wrongly detained in prison are delayed. We hope that thought will be given to making this relatively modest change to the legislation that would enable the court to make more efficient use of its time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:26:47 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »
Further:

Serious allegations of impropriety, dishonesty and conspiracy against police involved in the Jeremy Bamber case had "no substance whatever" to back them up, the Court of Appeal heard today.
Victor Temple QC, for the Crown, told three judges hearing Bamber's appeal against conviction for the murders of five members of his adoptive family, that once the court looked closely at the allegations "the entire edifice crumbles to nothing".
Bamber, now 41, who is serving life for the murders at White House Farm, Tolleshunt D'Arcy, Essex, in August 1985, is urging the judges to overturn his convictions as "unsafe".
He claims that the case against him was built on a series of "deceits" by police and that certain evidence was withheld in order to unfairly bolster the prosecution case.
Mr Temple, rejecting the allegations on the 11th day of the hearing before Lord Justice Kay, Mr Justice Wright and Mr Justice Henriques in London, said that Bamber's counsel, Michael Turner QC "was seeking to swim in an empty sea".
He said that Mr Turner was seeking to base "very serious allegations of impropriety, dishonesty and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice" on no more than slack paperwork, double hearsay and strained constructions on documentary evidence.
Mr Temple added: "There is no substance whatever to back these allegations up."
Bamber, who is present in the dock for the hearing, regularly passed notes to his legal team.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-145437/No-substance-Bamber-case-claims-says-QC.html#ixzz5CxWyRpST

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 08:42:09 PM »
Or this:

But Mr Temple said that Bamber's counsel, Michael Turner QC, "was seeking to swim in an empty sea".

He said Mr Turner was seeking to base "very serious allegations of impropriety, dishonesty and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice" on no more than slack paperwork, double hearsay and strained constructions on documentary evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2381707.stm

If you're an incompetent and negligent defence lawyer at appeal you will get severely drubbed as MT QC was.

Despite every aspect of the appeal failing miserably David still holds dear with most of it and thinks MT QC put up a good defence.  David thinks MT QC should represent JB at a third appeal.

David I think there's a new member on IA by the name of Pussy Catty Galore who has recently responded to your last post.   

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:51 PM »

Ground 12, point 429:

so why did MT argue point 12 as he did?

Ask Bamber Holly. I guarantee you Michael Turner QC will have a note stored away somewhere in his archives with Bambers written instructions relating not only to this point but all other points.

It's Jeremy Bambers nonsense, no one else's!

You do not appear to understand how these things work?

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:48:01 PM by Stephanie »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 09:00:04 PM »
Or this:

But Mr Temple said that Bamber's counsel, Michael Turner QC, "was seeking to swim in an empty sea".

He said Mr Turner was seeking to base "very serious allegations of impropriety, dishonesty and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice" on no more than slack paperwork, double hearsay and strained constructions on documentary evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2381707.stm

If you're an incompetent and negligent defence lawyer at appeal you will get severely drubbed as MT QC was.

Despite every aspect of the appeal failing miserably David still holds dear with most of it and thinks MT QC put up a good defence.  David thinks MT QC should represent JB at a third appeal.

Michael Turner QC appears to have gone above and beyond the call of duty for his client Holly.

The incompetence and negligence to which you refer lay squarely at the feet of Jeremy Bamber. He was represented by one of the best Holly.

Again, you come across as extremely naive and gullible and quite clearly do not have a basic understanding of the workings of the criminal justice system.

There won't be a third appeal!

And if you bothered to read and absorb the "General Observarions" of the judgement, you will recognise the bar was set high; sky high I'd say. Bamber, as usual, took the pi*s!

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:02:11 PM by Stephanie »