Author Topic: The window sill at Apartment 5a  (Read 14212 times)

Offline Admin

The window sill at Apartment 5a
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »
There has been some debate about the window sill at Apt 5a, Block 5, Ocean Club Resort, PORTIMAO.

For the sake of clarification here is an official police photograph showing the window and sill.

Offline Matthew Wyse

Re: The window sill at Apartment 5a
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:27:40 PM »
So where is all this lichen and organic material we have been hearing about???   8-)(--)
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »
These photographs were taken after the Forensic Expert had been looking for fingerprints.  There are photos of her actually doing it on the morning after Madeleine disappeared.
The pink stuff is fingerprint powder.

debunker

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:42:30 PM »
This is typical of what happens when myths are challenged and there are no biased mods with a ban button. If this contention had been made on MM or CMOMM, just before the confirming evidence was posted, the poster wouldbebanned (or the postwould bewipedand the poster banned.) Thus ways aremyths maintained.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »

In the days when people like me still had a voice on Anti McCann Forums, and there was a time, this was pointed out  on several occasions, but completely ignored.  And Yes, I was banned, several times, simply because I had the audacity to question obvious "Mistakes".

Thank you, Admin, for posting up the picture.  Perhaps we can put that Myth to bed now.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:53:08 PM »
This is typical of what happens when myths are challenged and there are no biased mods with a ban button. If this contention had been made on MM or CMOMM, just before the confirming evidence was posted, the poster wouldbebanned (or the postwould bewipedand the poster banned.) Thus ways aremyths maintained.

The lichen quote was from a channel 4 documentary I believe. I don't remember lichen on the window ledge being mentioned in the files.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

debunker

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »

The lichen quote was from a channel 4 documentary I believe. I don't remember lichen on the window ledge being mentioned in the files.

ANd the myth in the [ censored word ] camp just grew like topsy because no-one was allowed to contradict it.

registrar

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »
On matters fenestral:

No glove/no hairnet = contamination of the scene

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 07:34:23 PM »
The bottom line with all these discussions on the window is simple.

The only identifiable prints were Kate McCanns.

There is no evidence of abduction,any statement to the otherwise is a fallacy.

It has been nearly 6 years now since she disappeared and not one trace of her.

The number of ludicrous sightings occur at regular rates, normally prior to another appearance of the Mccanns in the Press or media, in general.

Probably the crime will  never be solved, and as listed by the CFO, it is referred to 'as type of crime unknown'.

The indications of the dogs so far, have been the only possible indication of what could have happened to Madeleine, and having seen the use of dogs in a variety of situations, with a very high success rate, Their use is well founded.

All of this as a result of two parents who left 3 children under the age of 4 to go drinking and eating, for several nights in a row, in what they claim was an unlocked/locked apartment.

That was and is totally unacceptable behaviour by any parent, from what ever background

Offline Meadow

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
I keep promising myself to make this or that my last post. 

There is a longer drop outside the window, than inside. The window frame (not sure about the shutter so much) stands proud of the sill.   Now I'm not a man and I certainly don't have long legs.

Is it physically possible without damaging your manly-hood to straddle that frame with or without a child, in or out?

Do you stand on the bed, or at the bottom of the bed in the space between bed & chair?

You'd certainly need a long inside leg & beware of the dangly bits !

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
On matters fenestral:

No glove/no hairnet = contamination of the scene

She is in an outdoor environment so there will be contamination, it's unavoidable. She is not touching the shutter with the ungloved hand and what good would a hairnets do ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:56:50 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

registrar

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 07:45:42 PM »
Good that you refer to the 'indications' of the dogs.

For that is all they are - indications

What the dogs reacted to - was never explained by SCIENCE

Had I led my cat into that garage - and she had miaowed - we'd be in the same predicament

Mere indications NOT backed up by scientific evaluation, thus worthless

Nothing to see here

registrar

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 07:53:59 PM »
yep, hairnet/hair cover, both hands gloved, and face masked (whether outside or inside)

you do of course realise that you leave your DNA by just walking into a room and breathing?

that's how it's done properly:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8227706/Justice-system-threatened-by-closure-of-Forensic-Science-Service.html
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:56:14 PM by registrar »

stephen25000

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 08:05:39 PM »

Had I led my cat into that garage - and she had miaowed - we'd be in the same predicament

Nothing to see here

Not quite, the indications did not provide a sufficient genetic match to madeleine.

Meanwhile, I respectfully suggest you contact your local Police Force to see how they view the use of dogs in a variety of situations.

Offline gilet

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »

Nothing to see here

Not quite, the indications did not provide a sufficient genetic match to madeleine.

Meanwhile, I respectfully suggest you contact your local Police Force to see how they view the use of dogs in a variety of situations.

I have followed the argument about the lichen on the windowsills quite carefully. I believe that the reference came from an "expert", David Barclay who was part of a TV review team for Channel 4 and who gave the comment about lichen not being disturbed. This man was never involved in the actual case and though he had been in PDL as part of this TV review his comment was not specific to the Apt 5 windowsill but was more general "Apart from anything else, the window sills in that area are covered in green lichen. The minute you try and scrape over the window sills you would have left marks and we know that the scenes of crime lady, the next morning, was looking for exactly that." The PJ pictures of the windowsill show that his comment cannot be related directly to that window.

Having recently read the Lowe report it is clear that there was no exact DNA match to Madeleine in the car as many people still claim and that the scientist is very definite that what traces of DNA did exist could not be used as evidence because they came from at least three people and were not specific to one person.