Author Topic: Your Question for the Day.  (Read 1949 times)

Offline faithlilly

Your Question for the Day.
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:21:30 AM »
From the wording of the remit to Rowley’s statement that the McCann’s part in Madeleine’s disappearance had been dealt with by the Portuguese, SY must have known that questions would be asked about the neutrality of an investigation that didn’t clear the ground beneath their feet. So why open themselves and their investigation up to ridicule? Why claim the investigation had such a narrow focus before a page of evidence had been looked at ? What did they gain ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Your Question for the Day.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 07:09:37 AM »
From the wording of the remit to Rowley’s statement that the McCann’s part in Madeleine’s disappearance had been dealt with by the Portuguese, SY must have known that questions would be asked about the neutrality of an investigation that didn’t clear the ground beneath their feet. So why open themselves and their investigation up to ridicule? Why claim the investigation had such a narrow focus before a page of evidence had been looked at ? What did they gain ?

A get out clause?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 08:26:58 AM »

It seems clear it wasn't SY's decision to open the investigation. Perhaps they had the narrower remit foisted upon them and this was their way of saying as such, without outwardly appearing to criticise the Home Office who may well have set the remit.  All IMO of course.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 09:09:40 AM »
It seems clear it wasn't SY's decision to open the investigation. Perhaps they had the narrower remit foisted upon them and this was their way of saying as such, without outwardly appearing to criticise the Home Office who may well have set the remit.  All IMO of course.
OK, here’s another question of the day:  why would the Home Office insist on “the narrower remit”? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 09:17:20 AM »
OK, here’s another question of the day:  why would the Home Office insist on “the narrower remit”?

I guess its only the HO who could answer that,even if its a narrow remit or a wide ranging one the end result or rather where its at today is the same,no abductor.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »
I guess its only the HO who could answer that,even if its a narrow remit or a wide ranging one the end result or rather where its at today is the same,no abductor.
The whole thread is an invitation to speculate, so why not have a go?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 09:32:00 AM »
The whole thread is an invitation to speculate, so why not have a go?

The whole board is an invitation so fill your boots.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 09:34:40 AM »
The whole board is an invitation so fill your boots.
Speculation is a pointless waste of time isn’t it?  A posh name for gossiping really IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
Six

I find it quite disturbing that the crime was apparently identified by Operation Grange before they had properly begun their analysis of all the evidence. It wasn't based on any evidence as far as I can see. In fact six years later A C Rowley said they were treating it as a missing person's case because they didn't know what had happened. He also, of course, said Madeleine was abducted. He seems to be contradicting himself in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »
Six

I find it quite disturbing that the crime was apparently identified by Operation Grange before they had properly begun their analysis of all the evidence. It wasn't based on any evidence as far as I can see. In fact six years later A C Rowley said they were treating it as a missing person's case because they didn't know what had happened. He also, of course, said Madeleine was abducted. He seems to be contradicting himself in my opinion.

I agree G- They do seem unsure- Could this be  because they cannot find ANY evidence of a stranger abduction. but have been warned not to upset the parents or challenge their story? < This is my thinking on this.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 10:32:35 AM »

I agree G- They do seem unsure- Could this be  because they cannot find ANY evidence of a stranger abduction. but have been warned not to upset the parents or challenge their story? < This is my thinking on this.

Of course, to publicly admit would also be upsetting and damaging to the parents.
OG seem stuck between a rock and a hard place.
IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 11:17:04 AM »
If the ECHR rejects the McCann's application the Portuguese Supreme Court's ruling will stand unchallenged. A C Rowley's belief that the Portuguese 'dealt with' the question of the McCann's involvement will be null and void.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »
If the ECHR rejects the McCann's application the Portuguese Supreme Court's ruling will stand unchallenged. A C Rowley's belief that the Portuguese 'dealt with' the question of the McCann's involvement will be null and void.

the SC made it quite clear that they have made no judgeemnt on the innocence or guilt of the mccanns...do you not understand that

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 11:21:12 AM »
Six

That’s the thing, anyone reading the remit would have questioned its neutrality. Do we really believe that SY, regarded as one of the finest police force’s in the world, would open themselves up to such questioning, even if it was insisted on by the HO ? In fact why would the HO wish to protect two provincial doctors in such a way ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
the SC made it quite clear that they have made no judgeemnt on the innocence or guilt of the mccanns...do you not understand that

Their judgement also made it quite clear that the UK MSM were wrong when they said this;

Kate and Gerry McCann were today formally cleared by the Portuguese authorities of involvement in their daughter Madeleine's disappearance.

But right when they said this;

ortugal's attorney general, Fernando José Pinto Monteiro, said there was insufficient evidence to continue the police case.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/jul/21/madeleinemccann.internationalcrime

Result = happy posting.