Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400444 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3120 on: February 01, 2018, 10:25:49 AM »
‘PARTY TINGED WITH SADNESS’ Madeleine McCann’s parents celebrate twins becoming teens with prayers for missing daughter ‘wherever she is’.

Sean and Amelie were just aged two when Maddie's vanished in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007

By Tracey Kandohla
1st February 2018

THE parents of Madeleine McCann are today celebrating their twins becoming teenagers with prayers too for their missing daughter “wherever she is.”

Kate and Gerry cling onto a glimmer of hope their eldest child could still be alive and are remembering her during a joint 13th birthday party for her siblings.

As Maddie’s younger brother and sister blow out candles on their cake a family pal said: “Their only wish is for their big sister to come home.”

Sean and Amelie, who are both aspiring amateur athletes, are having a special milestone celebration with friends and family.

One guest said: “There will be prayers to remember Madeleine as well wherever she is. Kate and Gerry want to give the twins a memorable occasion, they’re teenagers now and that’s a big deal.

“But the party will be marred with a tinge of sadness because Madeleine is not here to join in the fun.”

Home Office 'to give Scotland Yard another £154,000 to fund Madeleine McCann search'

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a Portuguese holiday apartment nearly 11 years ago.

British police continue to search for her and have not ruled out the possibility of finding her alive despite failing to unearth any new clues. She would now be aged 14.

Her parents are bravely trying to  mark the double birthdays in “as normal way as possible” for the sake of the twins.

Former GP Kate, now a medical worker, has previously told how the family often pray for Maddie’s safe return and always remember her on key occasions.

She said her twins have “grown up essentially without Madeleine but knowing their sister is missing and they want her back.”

The anguished mum, speaking in the past to promote her charity Missing People of which she  is an ambassador, added: “They have their own friends and they keep busy and they’re really sporty but their only wish is for their big sister to come home. We miss our complete family of five.

“As a family 98 per cent of the time we’re busy. I don’t know if that’s a conscious thing but it helps. The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn’t changed at all.”

Kate and renowned heart doctor Gerry, both 49, of Rothley, Leics, celebrate their own milestone 50th birthdays this spring.

Sean and Amelie attend a Catholic secondary school in nearby Loughborough which still holds a place for their big sister and hopes one day to welcome her as a pupil.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/

Thank you for posting this.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3121 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:00 AM »
‘PARTY TINGED WITH SADNESS’ Madeleine McCann’s parents celebrate twins becoming teens with prayers for missing daughter ‘wherever she is’.

Sean and Amelie were just aged two when Maddie's vanished in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007

By Tracey Kandohla
1st February 2018

THE parents of Madeleine McCann are today celebrating their twins becoming teenagers with prayers too for their missing daughter “wherever she is.”

Kate and Gerry cling onto a glimmer of hope their eldest child could still be alive and are remembering her during a joint 13th birthday party for her siblings.

As Maddie’s younger brother and sister blow out candles on their cake a family pal said: “Their only wish is for their big sister to come home.”

Sean and Amelie, who are both aspiring amateur athletes, are having a special milestone celebration with friends and family.

One guest said: “There will be prayers to remember Madeleine as well wherever she is. Kate and Gerry want to give the twins a memorable occasion, they’re teenagers now and that’s a big deal.

“But the party will be marred with a tinge of sadness because Madeleine is not here to join in the fun.”

Home Office 'to give Scotland Yard another £154,000 to fund Madeleine McCann search'

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a Portuguese holiday apartment nearly 11 years ago.

British police continue to search for her and have not ruled out the possibility of finding her alive despite failing to unearth any new clues. She would now be aged 14.

Her parents are bravely trying to  mark the double birthdays in “as normal way as possible” for the sake of the twins.

Former GP Kate, now a medical worker, has previously told how the family often pray for Maddie’s safe return and always remember her on key occasions.

She said her twins have “grown up essentially without Madeleine but knowing their sister is missing and they want her back.”

The anguished mum, speaking in the past to promote her charity Missing People of which she  is an ambassador, added: “They have their own friends and they keep busy and they’re really sporty but their only wish is for their big sister to come home. We miss our complete family of five.

“As a family 98 per cent of the time we’re busy. I don’t know if that’s a conscious thing but it helps. The urge to look for Madeleine absolutely hasn’t changed at all.”

Kate and renowned heart doctor Gerry, both 49, of Rothley, Leics, celebrate their own milestone 50th birthdays this spring.

Sean and Amelie attend a Catholic secondary school in nearby Loughborough which still holds a place for their big sister and hopes one day to welcome her as a pupil.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/

Where does this little gem come from?

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3122 on: February 01, 2018, 10:35:25 AM »

Thank you for posting this.

My, my. I'd forgot how grief-stricken the parents were in the early days. Brings it all back.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3123 on: February 01, 2018, 10:42:21 AM »
My, my. I'd forgot how grief-stricken the parents were in the early days. Brings it all back.

Now you are not being entirely truthful, are you?
Sceptics have endlessly posted photos of the happy, delighted parents for over ten years and many, many times have discussed the joy on their faces in those early days.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3124 on: February 01, 2018, 10:50:20 AM »
Now you are not being entirely truthful, are you?
Sceptics have endlessly posted photos of the happy, delighted parents for over ten years and many, many times have discussed the joy on their faces in those early days.

Don't you think they look grief-stricken ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3125 on: February 01, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »

No.
But you do.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3126 on: February 01, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »

I'll never forget Gerry reading that statement, & Kate straining, but failing, to get any tears out of her eyes, on the evening of May 4th.

It was around this time I first suspected them, long before a dog barked or a fat tosser wrote a book.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3128 on: February 01, 2018, 10:59:06 AM »
Do I ?

Yes you said so in your post.
You had forgotten how grief stricken they looked.
So you must have thought previously that they looked grief stricken.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3129 on: February 01, 2018, 12:55:19 PM »
Where does this little gem come from?

A stray link to old news.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:45:48 PM by John »
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3130 on: February 01, 2018, 03:09:09 PM »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/#comments

There were 42 comments when I read this article earlier today.
Credit where it's due, at least one of the comments I read wasn't blaming the McCanns for child neglect or accusing them or knowing where Maddie is.

I feel sorry for the twins, they'll have to live their teenage years having Kate & Gerry breathing down their necks every time they go online.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3131 on: February 01, 2018, 03:13:46 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5473303/madeleine-mccanns-parents-celebrate-twins-becoming-teens-with-prayers-for-missing-daughter-wherever-she-is/#comments

Credit where it's due, at least one of the comments I read wasn't blaming the McCanns for child neglect or accusing them or knowing where Maddie is.

I feel sorry for the twins, they'll have to live their teenage years having Kate & Gerry breathing down their necks every time they go online.

Another own goal for whatshername.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3132 on: February 01, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »

Actually, I think the twins will have had to be educated about the filth they will encounter when they go on line; the individuals you should really feel sorrow for are the inadequates who derive some sort of satisfaction and define themselves and think they are gaining kudos from being able to post an inane couple of sentences after a newspaper article.
I think they epitomise the dregs ... but one must also allow for feeling sympathy for their plight.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3133 on: February 01, 2018, 03:35:45 PM »

I think the twins will soon learn to ignore some of the rubbish on the net

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3134 on: February 01, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »
Actually, I think the twins will have had to be educated about the filth they will encounter when they go on line; the individuals you should really feel sorrow for are the inadequates who derive some sort of satisfaction and define themselves and think they are gaining kudos from being able to post an inane couple of sentences after a newspaper article.
I think they epitomise the dregs ... but one must also allow for feeling sympathy for their plight.

I think, when the twins are educated enough, they'll search online, maybe see that clip of the CSI dog, his head snapping back, as he barks, at their mothers clothes & at the wardrobe & the hire car, & then they'll reach their own conclusions. And that will be more of a problem to the McCann's than any posed by some inadequate dregs posting about child neglect.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:45:52 PM by John »