Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400444 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3150 on: February 01, 2018, 10:20:49 PM »
The answer could well be

If I had I would not have been here today to bring you up and answer your questions because I would have been in a Portuguese jail.

Now why would you think that,
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:43:56 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3151 on: February 01, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »
Given that is has been shown the maximum sentence for illegal corpse disposal is 2 years,

that people seem to get only suspended sentences at least up to 4.5 years, according to latest Portuguese news ....

Yes, it does seem that nearly 11 years after Madeleine disappeared, this is indeed a myth.

And exactly how would you know what the charges brought against Kate would have been had she 'confessed'?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3152 on: February 01, 2018, 10:41:18 PM »
And exactly how would you know what the charges brought against Kate would have been had she 'confessed'?

Why would she confess?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3153 on: February 01, 2018, 10:49:13 PM »
Why would she confess?

I beg your pardon?  In my opinion feigned ignorance is just silly ... unless ... you really are not feigning.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3154 on: February 01, 2018, 10:55:36 PM »
I beg your pardon?  In my opinion feigned ignorance is just silly ... unless ... you really are not feigning.

Talking of feigning; one presumes your inept body swerve indicates you are either incapable of or unwilling to answer the question?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3155 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »
Why would she confess?
People have been known to confess just through the pressure of interrogation.  There was a case in NZ Teina Pora. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teina_Pora#Pora's_confession
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3156 on: February 01, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
Talking of feigning; one presumes your inept body swerve indicates you are either incapable of or unwilling to answer the question?

That will be the second time tonight.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3157 on: February 01, 2018, 11:12:07 PM »
That would be a matter her legal representative would take care of surely?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3158 on: February 02, 2018, 12:49:56 AM »
Nice example, given the perpetrators of said child's disappearance.

Shannon Matthews was a missing child for whom the police were looking.  Houses were searched.  Cadaver dogs alerted.  Shannon was recovered alive.

A nice example of a missing child being recovered alive despite the cadaver dogs being used to locate her reacting to the scent they had been trained to react to.
The only thing being ... whatever the dogs alerted to ... it wasn't Shannon.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3159 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:39 AM »
If she had confessed to actions more serious that corpse disposal, don't you think she should have been charged with more serious actions?  This seems to be all about Kate and Madeleine doesn't get a look in.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3160 on: February 02, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
If she had confessed to actions more serious that corpse disposal, don't you think she should have been charged with more serious actions?  This seems to be all about Kate and Madeleine doesn't get a look in.

thats your opinion again....much of this forum is criticism of the parents thats why threads take this line..imo

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3161 on: February 02, 2018, 08:12:50 AM »
If Madeleine is the "corpse" no, she won't get a look in.
Moderation

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3162 on: February 02, 2018, 08:43:32 AM »
Shannon Matthews was a missing child for whom the police were looking.  Houses were searched.  Cadaver dogs alerted.  Shannon was recovered alive.

A nice example of a missing child being recovered alive despite the cadaver dogs being used to locate her reacting to the scent they had been trained to react to.
The only thing being ... whatever the dogs alerted to ... it wasn't Shannon.

A dead mans old matress iirc

Victim recovery dogs from four different police forces were used during searches for kidnapped schoolgirl Shannon Matthews in Dewsbury in West Yorkshire in 2008.

The dogs found evidence of dead bodies, but officers later discovered the corpses were nothing to do with her disappearance.

"The properties searched contained a high level of second-hand furniture bought from dwellings where someone had died," according to the NPIA report.

https://news.sky.com/story/sniffer-dogs-can-hinder-police-work-10488976
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:56:08 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3163 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:38 AM »
thats your opinion again....much of this forum is criticism of the parents thats why threads take this line..imo

It's like shooting fish in a barrel & there's no shortage of ammo.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3164 on: February 02, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
It's like shooting fish in a barrel & there's no shortage of ammo.

I think you mean you just use the same things over and over again....it's really of no importance now.... The mccanns will be used and immune to it