Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400449 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3225 on: February 03, 2018, 12:17:33 PM »
i think we all understand that but imo its unlikely that the lawyer advised kate not to answer and not gerry...secondly I dont remember you questioning kates account of the advice before

Why do you think it's unlikely that the lawyer gave different advice to Kate and Gerry? It was Kate that the lawyer warned on 6th;

Carlos came over and told me not to be so definite in some of my answers. [madeleine]

She was more volatile than Gerry, as Fiona says;

And Gerry, that's the way he was seeing things, he was very, erm, aware that he had to work with the, with the Police here and be sensible about their approach with the media and everything and Kate's very reactive, you know, she's, she's a completely different personality and, you know, if she's angry she'll show she's angry and when she's upset she'll show she's upset, whereas Gerry can be, erm, he's more able to, to sort of see through all that and just think, hang on what's right for, what's right, what's going to get us further forward here, you know, getting upset and screaming at the Police isn't going to get us anywhere and he's always sort of pulling Kate back a bit really and saying, 'Look, that that's not going to help, we've got to do this', erm and that's just the way they are, and that's the way, before this happened, that's the personalities they are.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

If Abreu noticed their different personalities he may well have given them different advice.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3227 on: February 03, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7732.msg361940#msg361940

so your cite is a post by another poster..

If we look at what john says...Amaral deliberately altered a timesheet to try and help his officers avoid prosecution...thats perverting the course of justice and a serious offence....why would he need to do this if they were innocent

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3228 on: February 12, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »
More funding for Madeleine McCann search requested by police

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have requested more money from the Home Office, Sky News has learned.

Funding for the Scotland Yard investigation is due to run out at the end of March, Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said.

But officers have now asked that extra cash be provided to keep it going until the end of September, he added.

Scotland Yard is "keen to continue its investigation", he explained.

"The situation at the moment," he said, "is that there is Home Office funding to keep Scotland Yard's part of the joint investigation with the Portuguese going until the end of March.

"But Scotland Yard has asked for more money."

It is not known how much money is being requested, and Martin Brunt said it "may be some time" before Home Office ministers make a decision.

"Clearly Scotland Yard feels it hasn't come to the end of the line," he added.

Last May, on the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, Scotland Yard said it had one critical piece of work still to do, but did not say what it was.

Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

It was "likely to take some time to find the clues, if they were there".

The investigation team, which once numbered 30 officers, is now down to four.

The Home Office said in a statement: "Resources required are reviewed regularly, with careful consideration given before any new funding is allocated.

"The Metropolitan Police has made a further application for funding, which is currently being considered."

https://news.sky.com/story/more-funding-for-madeleine-mccann-search-requested-by-police-11248085
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3229 on: February 13, 2018, 01:57:40 AM »
More funding for Madeleine McCann search requested by police

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have requested more money from the Home Office, Sky News has learned.

Funding for the Scotland Yard investigation is due to run out at the end of March, Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said.

But officers have now asked that extra cash be provided to keep it going until the end of September, he added.

Scotland Yard is "keen to continue its investigation", he explained.

"The situation at the moment," he said, "is that there is Home Office funding to keep Scotland Yard's part of the joint investigation with the Portuguese going until the end of March.

"But Scotland Yard has asked for more money."

It is not known how much money is being requested, and Martin Brunt said it "may be some time" before Home Office ministers make a decision.

"Clearly Scotland Yard feels it hasn't come to the end of the line," he added.

Last May, on the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, Scotland Yard said it had one critical piece of work still to do, but did not say what it was.

Martin Brunt said that as he understood it, it was a "final theory that was very complicated", and involved "a lot of sensitive diplomacy".

It was "likely to take some time to find the clues, if they were there".

The investigation team, which once numbered 30 officers, is now down to four.

The Home Office said in a statement: "Resources required are reviewed regularly, with careful consideration given before any new funding is allocated.

"The Metropolitan Police has made a further application for funding, which is currently being considered."

https://news.sky.com/story/more-funding-for-madeleine-mccann-search-requested-by-police-11248085
Excellent News.

This is something big, for it to take so long IMO   Which is something that I have thought all along .... maybe it is what I have suggested ?

Time will tell .... so long as they can get enough evidence to bring powerful people down, I f i am right.

IMO

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3230 on: February 13, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
Excellent News.

This is something big, for it to take so long IMO   Which is something that I have thought all along .... maybe it is what I have suggested ?

Time will tell .... so long as they can get enough evidence to bring powerful people down, I f i am right.

IMO

As long as they bring the guilty party to book it doesn’t matter if they are powerful or not.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3231 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
As long as they bring the guilty party to book it doesn’t matter if they are powerful or not.

Diplomacy  may well mean they need the help of the Portuguese, police

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3232 on: February 13, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »

They may not have a guilty party in their sights at the moment ... they may very well have traced Madeleine's whereabouts.
Just a thought.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #3233 on: February 13, 2018, 09:14:44 AM »
They may not have a guilty party in their sights at the moment ... they may very well have traced Madeleine's whereabouts.
Just a thought.

Somewhere in South America, quite possibly.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3234 on: February 13, 2018, 09:44:28 AM »
Diplomacy  may well mean they need the help of the Portuguese, police

Seeing as the brit police have no jurisdiction in Portugal that is stating the obvious imo.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3235 on: February 13, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
Seeing as the brit police have no jurisdiction in Portugal that is stating the obvious imo.

There are more countries in the world than Portugal.  Quite a number of which have blue eyed blonde children amongst their indigenous population.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3236 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:30 AM »
Just a thought.

And if they knew her whereabouts why would they be requesting funding to September ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3237 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:04 AM »
Not to those who think the mccanns are still suspects and live in leicester

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3238 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
And if they knew her whereabouts why would they be requesting funding to September ?

"Oh yes. I'm loving the words 'complicated' & 'sensitive diplomacy'." Misty

A sentiment with which I concur wholeheartedly  8)--))

Offline jassi

« Reply #3239 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:40 AM »
If they knew her whereabouts in another country, it would be more likely for the Foreign Office and the CPS to be involved, rather than the police, so there wouldn't be the need for extra funding.

IMO this has nothing to do with that but is for further investigation of a potential culprit in conjunction with the Portuguese.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future