Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400429 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3555 on: September 26, 2018, 11:26:07 AM »
It indicates that OG and hence SY want more money.
It proves they want more money and indicates they have more work to do

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3556 on: September 26, 2018, 11:30:18 AM »
I wonder how long it takes to extradite someone ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline xtina

« Reply #3557 on: September 26, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »

It proves ....nothing...

Same as mccs ...saying maddie was abducted....has proved nothing ....zilch ....zero....

In my opinion.
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline John

« Reply #3558 on: September 26, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »

That depends on the person sought.  If within EU they can accept the extradition request immediately and be returned within days or refuse extradition in which case the entire process can become protracted and even eventually fail.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:55:08 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3559 on: September 26, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
That depends on the person sought.  If within EU they can accept the extradition request immediately and be returned within days or refuse extradition in which case the entire process can become protracted and even eventually fail.

You should have stuck it out.  What a fit up.  In my opinion, of course.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3560 on: September 26, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »

Indeed; which work could be a variety of things.
Including but not limited to.
New leads to follow
Box it up then consign to archive having hit the buffers.
Box it up and pass to CPS for action in UK
Box it up and pass to CPS to pass to Portuguese Ministry of Justice for action in Portugal.

Faites vos jeux.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3561 on: September 26, 2018, 01:52:07 PM »

Indeed; which work could be a variety of things.
Including but not limited to.
New leads to follow
Box it up then consign to archive having hit the buffers.
Box it up and pass to CPS for action in UK
Box it up and pass to CPS to pass to Portuguese Ministry of Justice for action in Portugal.

Faites vos jeux.

As they wouldn't need 6 months to box anything up that leaves explore leads

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3562 on: September 26, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »
I don't think that Scotland Yard approach the Home Office cap in hand when the tabloids remind them the period of grace allowed to financing Madeleine's case is due to expire.

Snip
“The Home Office maintains an ongoing dialogue with the MPS regarding funding for Operation Grange.”

In my opinion that says it all ... there is a rolling programme in place during which the investigators keep the HO informed of progress or lack of it.

In my opinion it would not be a very astute politician who as Home Secretary would run the risk of ending up with egg on his/her face as a result of not being kept up to speed on a high profile case for which the undertaking had been given for finance to be approved ... and taking decisions based on intelligence received.

I think if Scotland Yard have gone to the trouble of justifying the request for a further six month extension to finance Madeleine's case it is because they deem it necessary to do so.
If the Home Office agrees the extension it means they have been convinced of the validity of the case being presented to them ... so here's hoping they will do that ... and here's hoping it is another step towards solving Madeleine's case.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3563 on: September 26, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »
Madeleine v Reported Missing

Monday night's Reported Missing prog gave a lot on insight into missing person searches in the UK and cold case searches.

For anyone inside the UK, watch it on iPlayer at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0blqjw0/reported-missing-series-2-episode-4

For anyone outside the UK, the poor man's version is at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2018/09/26/madeleine-v-reported-missing/
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3564 on: September 26, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »
Madeleine v Reported Missing

Monday night's Reported Missing prog gave a lot on insight into missing person searches in the UK and cold case searches.

For anyone inside the UK, watch it on iPlayer at https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0blqjw0/reported-missing-series-2-episode-4

For anyone outside the UK, the poor man's version is at https://shininginluz.wordpress.com/2018/09/26/madeleine-v-reported-missing/

If you were to subscribe to a proxy server you could watch I Player in portugal

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3565 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:42 PM »
At least 5 years if your hunch is right...  8(0(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3566 on: September 26, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »
At least 5 years if your hunch is right...  8(0(*

Is this the expectation that some have?
That extradition is being arranged?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3567 on: September 26, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »

So do you think the accused are Portuguese?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3568 on: September 26, 2018, 06:17:27 PM »
Yes, it's the little straw of hope some are still clinging to, bless their cottons, extradition from Rothley that is.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3569 on: September 26, 2018, 06:20:13 PM »
So do you think the accused are Portuguese?
what accused would that be?