Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400445 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3630 on: October 02, 2018, 03:43:15 AM »
It's now the 2nd of October. This date was significant in 2007 - will it be significant in 2018?
I doubt it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3631 on: October 02, 2018, 06:31:27 AM »
I can understand that,

1)   but had SY got as many clues on those cases as in the Madeleine case?
So many witnesses to strange sightings etc

2)   Did the police in those cases behave in a similar manner to the way that the chief, Amaral, behaved ?

3)   Did the country where the various children went missing have so many extraordinarily bizarre findings in the cases as in Portugal?

4)   Did they have any thoughts about trafficking as seems to have been the case here?  Investigating that would cost a fortune.

4)   Did any of the other cases have an old woman come and give them a huge number of thought provoking opInions, and ensuing ideas, as happened in this case.  Bringing them a completely fresh outlook on the case, the likes of which nobody had thought of before?

Think about it, Sunny

Sadie I have thought about it and have some answers.

1) There almost certainly wont have been as many strange sightings as I don't expect that any missing person has ever had the mass media coverage that Madeleine Mccann has.

2) Goncalo Amaral was only one policeman (there were many others working on the case at the time he was the "chief" and he was removed from the case in October 2007. The investigation continued on until July 2008.  I believe that the replacement "chiefs" also suspected the McCanns.

3) I didn't say children I said missing family members. "Bizarre" is all in the eyes of the beholder IMO.  I find the Caylee Anthony case findings bizarre and I believe that the police were correct in that instance.

4) I assume you are the "old woman" sadie.  I doubt that many cases would have someone of your clear interest travel to another country more than once to try and piece together what they thought may have happened.  That is down to media coverage again though. Most missing people do not get the mass exposure that Madeleine's case has. This from the first 12 hours as well.  Whether Scotland Yard are taking your information seriously I have no idea as they haven't contacted me to tell me their views.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 08:35:59 AM by slartibartfast »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline jassi

« Reply #3632 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:35 AM »
Scratches head " Sorry guv, can't solve this one"

Thinking about this overnight, I wonder if we are seeing a change of HO tactics.

Instead of giving money in advance in response to claims of 'viable leads' , perhaps they are going for the 'payment by result' approach. SY now to pay for further work and will be reimbursed if they can demonstrate progress.

Could be a cunning way of phasing the investigation out without a big hoo-ha from 'interested parties'.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3633 on: October 02, 2018, 09:25:32 AM »
Thinking about this overnight, I wonder if we are seeing a change of HO tactics.

Instead of giving money in advance in response to claims of 'viable leads' , perhaps they are going for the 'payment by result' approach. SY now to pay for further work and will be reimbursed if they can demonstrate progress.

Could be a cunning way of phasing the investigation out without a big hoo-ha from 'interested parties'.

Perhaps it is already in the hands of the CPS ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3634 on: October 02, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »
Plenty about his feelings, but nothing about his or anyone else's mental health.

Wasn't this particular interview about Gerry's mental health and feelings not anyone elses?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3635 on: October 02, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »
Perhaps it is already in the hands of the CPS ?
Your wide-eyed optimism never fails to amuse.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3636 on: October 02, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
Your wide-eyed optimism never fails to amuse.

So you don’t think OG may have suspect’s in their sights ? Do you believe they’ve spent £12 million pounds for nothing ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3637 on: October 02, 2018, 10:31:38 AM »
So you don’t think OG may have suspect’s in their sights ? Do you believe they’ve spent £12 million pounds for nothing ?
I don't think Operation Grange have built a case against the McCanns and have handed it over to the CPS a belief you appear to be clinging to for dear life.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #3638 on: October 02, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »

They have tried to pin the blame on several different people, both Portuguese and English but to no avail. But in the end I fear they are no closer to solving this case that they were at the outset.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #3639 on: October 02, 2018, 10:34:43 AM »
I don't think Operation Grange have built a case against the McCanns and have handed it over to the CPS a belief you appear to be clinging to for dear life.

Isn't that why Sutton wants a full investigation of everything?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3640 on: October 02, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »

That’s not what I asked.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3641 on: October 02, 2018, 10:38:05 AM »
Isn't that why Sutton wants a full investigation of everything?

Sutton has admitted hedoesnt know a lot about the case

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3642 on: October 02, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »
That’s not what I asked.
Do I think OP Grange have a suspect in their sights?  Maybe.  Do I believe they have spent £12m on nothing?  Not quite nothing, but I do believe the case may never be solved despite their best efforts.  What I don't believe is that dawn raids on Rothley are due in this century or next, how about you?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3643 on: October 02, 2018, 10:45:30 AM »
Do I think OP Grange have a suspect in their sights?  Maybe.  Do I believe they have spent £12m on nothing?  Not quite nothing, but I do believe the case may never be solved despite their best efforts.  What I don't believe is that dawn raids on Rothley are due in this century or next, how about you?

Why would there be dawn raids ?

Offline John

« Reply #3644 on: October 02, 2018, 12:59:00 PM »
Sutton has admitted hedoesnt know a lot about the case

He doesn't need to.  As a former senior Met officer he will know that only a full in-depth investigation will get to the bottom of what happened to Madeleine McCann and anything less just doesn't cut it.  I agree with him that Operation Grange should only be extended if that full encompassing enquiry takes place as to who did what and when.

The sorry sagas involving Red Defence/Oakley and Método 3 require a separate investigation to the disappearance of the child imo because clearly thinks were done which involved criminality. The Met or another UK force if deemed necessary must investigate the links between these so-called private investigators and everyone involved with the parents.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:49:45 PM by John »