Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400427 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #3645 on: October 02, 2018, 01:45:30 PM »
He doesn't need to.  As a former senior Met officer he will know that only a full in-depth investigation will get to the bottom of what happened to Madeleine McCann and anything less just doesn't cut it.  I agree with him that Operation Grange should only be extended if that full encompassing enquiry takes place as to who did what and when.

The sorry sagas involving Red Defence/Oakley and Método 3 require a separate investigation to the disappearance of the child imo because clearly thinks were done which involved criminality. The Met or another UK force if deemed necessary must investigate the links between these so-called private investigators and everyone involved with the parents.

But other... More senior officers who are running Grange obviously don't agree, with him.... And we still don't know, exactly what he means..

Grange is struggling IMO because what it investigates is limited by the PJ... They cannot investigate freely in Portugal which is, where the crime took place...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:50:23 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #3646 on: October 02, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
But other... More senior officers who are running Grange obviously don't agree, with him.... And we still don't know, exactly what he means..

Grange is struggling IMO because what it investigates is limited by the PJ... They cannot investigate freely in Portugal which is, where the crime took place...

I know exactly what Sutton means.  As for investigating outside the UK, that has never been a problem.  I'm quite confident that the Spanish National Police, the Portuguese Judicial Police and any other force would be only too pleased to cooperate.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:55:04 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3647 on: October 02, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »
I know exactly what Sutton means.  As for investigating outside the UK, that has never been a problem.

Investigating outside the UK is a massive problem... SY cannot interview anyone... Ilors for everything... As I understand  they wanted to take DNA from the 3 burhlglars but were refused...

Offline John

« Reply #3648 on: October 02, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »
Investigating outside the UK is a massive problem... SY cannot interview anyone... Ilors for everything... As I understand  they wanted to take DNA from the 3 burhlglars but were refused...

ILOR's are only required when there are no personnel on the ground.  As for the three burglars, if the Portuguese did refuse to provide DNA samples then they must have had a valid reason for doing so.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3649 on: October 02, 2018, 02:02:02 PM »

We know exactly what he means.  Sky 2/5/17.
What's up, old man?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3650 on: October 02, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »

Do you have a cite for what "more senior officers who are running Grange" think, Davel?  How do you know they don't think exactly the same as Colin Sutton?   
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3651 on: October 02, 2018, 02:18:18 PM »
Why would there be dawn raids ?
”dawn raids on Rothley”, “tick tock”, “slowly, slowly catchee monkey” all oft heard mantras on the 3 Arguidos website, perhaps you weren’t a member.  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3652 on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:41 PM »
”dawn raids on Rothley”, “tick tock”, “slowly, slowly catchee monkey” all oft heard mantras on the 3 Arguidos website, perhaps you weren’t a member.  @)(++(*

So what was the point of your post ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3653 on: October 02, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
Perhaps it is already in the hands of the CPS ?

Eventually it will be passed to the CPS as that is the way the system works.
Otherwise OG would have had no objective whatever......except possibly "it all makes work for the working man to do".
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3654 on: October 02, 2018, 07:05:34 PM »
So what was the point of your post ?
Here is my post again with the phrase “dawn raids at Rothley” replaced with “arrests in Rothley” - hopefully this will enable you to understand a bit better and to answer the post without deflecting.

Do I think OP Grange have a suspect in their sights?  Maybe.  Do I believe they have spent £12m on nothing?  Not quite nothing, but I do believe the case may never be solved despite their best efforts.  What I don't believe is that arrests in Rothley are due in this century or next, how about you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3655 on: October 02, 2018, 07:09:37 PM »
Eventually it will be passed to the CPS as that is the way the system works.
Otherwise OG would have had no objective whatever......except possibly "it all makes work for the working man to do".
Even if there is no British suspect, or any suspect at all?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3656 on: October 02, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
Even if there is no British suspect, or any suspect at all?

What is the function of the CPS in your opinion then?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #3657 on: October 02, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »
 New   YouTube video Sonia  Poulton   https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8ednZYRbI&t=768s
Public Relations & Protecting Reputations
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:15:44 PM by Snowgirl »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3658 on: October 02, 2018, 11:14:21 PM »
What is the function of the CPS in your opinion then?
I should think there’s a clue in the name, particularly the second word.

Offline misty

« Reply #3659 on: October 03, 2018, 12:05:11 AM »
I should think there’s a clue in the name, particularly the second word.

IMO the CPS will be involved in forwarding to Portugal any relevant evidence/proof the Met. have uncovered during the course of their investigative review. There will be no prosecution in the UK as the Met have been denied certain investigative avenues in Portugal e.g. DNA swabs from the "burglars".