Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400421 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4155 on: April 12, 2019, 03:23:06 PM »
I wonder why this question is being asked about the McCanns?

Are they still together?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8653012/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-still-together/
I suspect there will be a slew of such articles around the 12th anniversary.

It takes a fevered imagination to spin a new angle on the story.  But that is how they earn their corn.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4156 on: April 12, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
I wonder why this question is being asked about the McCanns?

Are they still together?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8653012/madeleine-mccann-parents-kate-gerry-still-together/

This is surely posted on the wrong thread ... it would be far more appropriate for the "Sceptics beliefs?' thread as at one time such rumours have been rife on sceptic fora and sometimes tabloids.
I think it goes back as far as Kate sleeping with the children one night on holiday therefore I don't wonder about sceptics wondering ... they've been doing so for twelve years.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #4157 on: April 12, 2019, 04:31:37 PM »
This is surely posted on the wrong thread ... it would be far more appropriate for the "Sceptics beliefs?' thread as at one time such rumours have been rife on sceptic fora and sometimes tabloids.
I think it goes back as far as Kate sleeping with the children one night on holiday therefore I don't wonder about sceptics wondering ... they've been doing so for twelve years.

Are you saying the Sun is sceptical or at least the author of the piece is.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4158 on: April 12, 2019, 04:40:45 PM »
As a non-search related article about the mcCanns, published in a newspaper, it seems a perfect shoe-in for this thread.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:49:33 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4159 on: April 12, 2019, 05:35:37 PM »
Are you saying the Sun is sceptical or at least the author of the piece is.

Sigh ... I didn't bother to read the link since there is a high probability I have encountered it all before in some shape or form.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #4160 on: April 12, 2019, 05:45:04 PM »
Sigh ... I didn't bother to read the link since there is a high probability I have encountered it all before in some shape or form.

Well seeing as theres nowt happening in the case and brexit is on its easter recess,might as well regurgitate same old,some one will buy a paper cause of it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 06:06:56 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4161 on: April 12, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »
I seem to remember some people (mentioning no names) announcing the McCanns had split up on Twitter years ago,  I reckon this would have made their day had it been true.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4162 on: April 12, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »
I seem to remember some people (mentioning no names) announcing the McCanns had split up on Twitter years ago,  I reckon this would have made their day had it been true.

It is a recurrent theme ... and sadly I have to agree it is one with the basest aspirations.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4163 on: April 12, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »

Not likely ever to happen. The pair are forever united in a tragedy IMO

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 07:49:44 PM by Brietta »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4164 on: April 13, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »

Do you honestly think anyone cares - whether they stay together or not?

I would think for them - united we stand divided we fall.IMO

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4165 on: April 13, 2019, 09:35:53 AM »

Do you honestly think anyone cares - whether they stay together or not?

I would think for them - united we stand divided we fall.IMO

Someone cared enough to bring it to the forum for discussion ... I think that may answer your question?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4166 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:45 AM »
Someone cared enough to bring it to the forum for discussion ... I think that may answer your question?

Not really - you may have interpreted it as that.

I didn't.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4167 on: April 13, 2019, 10:57:35 AM »
Not really - you may have interpreted it as that.

I didn't.

I brought it to the forum as an example of irresposible and unnecessary journalism, which is what I said. If they had parted it might be of interest to some, although so many people part these days it wouldn't be all that interestng imo. It doesn't even say that, though, it just insinuates something in order to attract readers. Disgusting rag.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #4168 on: April 13, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »
I brought it to the forum as an example of irresposible and unnecessary journalism, which is what I said. If they had parted it might be of interest to some, although so many people part these days it wouldn't be all that interestng imo. It doesn't even say that, though, it just insinuates something in order to attract readers. Disgusting rag.

Just as I interpreted it as that - seems it was B who thought you cared.  @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4169 on: April 13, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
Just as I interpreted it as that - seems it was B who thought you cared.  @)(++(*

There are people like you on this forum who have no trouble at all understanding my motives and my posts. There are others who seem completely unable to do so for some reason.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0