Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400446 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4185 on: April 18, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »
It's not the method that counts, it's the motive.

He didn't insigate the March... He took part in it... Totally different

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4186 on: April 18, 2019, 10:21:21 AM »
The McCanns devoted themselves to doing everything they possibly could to have Madeleine's case reopened.
Initially by keeping the investigation into her disappearance going while all the time lobbying politically for the police to be allowed to do their jobs and look for her.

The constant attempts to link them with the dregs of society is one of the more distasteful and desperate aspects of the campaigns mounted against them.

It is also an abuse of this thread which is to discuss the "latest news" about Madeleine's case ... which surely is the the present search for her.

The discussion is called latest news.....it specifically says that is not about the search.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:34:56 AM by Eleanor »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4187 on: April 18, 2019, 11:07:50 AM »
He didn't insigate the March... He took part in it... Totally different

A guilty person acted in a certain way in order to make people think he was innocent. That's the relevant fact, because some people think guilty people don't do that.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4188 on: April 18, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
A guilty person acted in a certain way in order to make people think he was innocent. That's the relevant fact, because some people think guilty people don't do that.

its a relevant fact in your opinion...not in mine...you continually post your opinion as fact

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4189 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:21 AM »
its a relevant fact in your opinion...not in mine...you continually post your opinion as fact

It was suggested that guilty people don't campaign to have the case reopened.
One guilty person did.
Therefore it's possibie that others did the same.
Simple, logical and possible.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4190 on: April 18, 2019, 11:47:33 AM »
It was suggested that guilty people don't campaign to have the case reopened.
One guilty person did.
Therefore it's possibie that others did the same.
Simple, logical and possible.

It's different... He tagged on to a campaign that was already taking place... He didn't instigate it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4191 on: April 18, 2019, 12:00:43 PM »
It's different... He tagged on to a campaign that was already taking place... He didn't instigate it

In my opinion I've made ny point. I feel no need to discuss peripheral details.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4192 on: April 18, 2019, 12:04:24 PM »

You've convinced yourself... I think it's, another sceptic belief

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4193 on: April 18, 2019, 12:53:04 PM »
By pure coincidence, I watched a historical crime case last night on TV.  It was about a doctor.  He thought his wife was having an affair, and in a fit of rage, he killed her.  Their housemaid had seen him do it, so he murdered her too.

He then set about cleaning up the crime scene.  That included removing ALL identifying details with a scalpel (bit gruesome) and disarticulating the bodies.  He stored the body parts in multiple plastic bags.  Then he went back to his normal routine, with no one suspecting one murder let alone two.

After a while, the body parts were beginning to smell.  He drove to Scotland, where he found a fast-flowing river, and tossed the body parts in.  He thought the river would sweep the body parts into the sea, and thus he would be safe. 

Once again, he went back to his normal routine, living in the house where he had committed the murders, and being visited by his patients.

They enquired about his wife.  He told them that she had gone to visit relatives, which was her habit.  Once more, he was functioning perfectly normally, and no-one suspected a reputable doctor of murder.

After more time had passed, thinking he was quite safe, the doctor went to the police to report her missing.  He then made multiple enquiries regarding police progress.

How he got caught is a long story.  Suffice it to say, the river into which he had thrown the body parts was in a flash flood at the time, but it rapidly subsided, and several of the bags lodged on the river banks.  One had split open.  A passerby saw a body part and the police were alerted.

After a complex reconstruction, the doctor was tried for two murders, found guilty, and was hanged.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4194 on: April 18, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »
By pure coincidence, I watched a historical crime case last night on TV.  It was about a doctor.  He thought his wife was having an affair, and in a fit of rage, he killed her.  Their housemaid had seen him do it, so he murdered her too.

He then set about cleaning up the crime scene.  That included removing ALL identifying details with a scalpel (bit gruesome) and disarticulating the bodies.  He stored the body parts in multiple plastic bags.  Then he went back to his normal routine, with no one suspecting one murder let alone two.

After a while, the body parts were beginning to smell.  He drove to Scotland, where he found a fast-flowing river, and tossed the body parts in.  He thought the river would sweep the body parts into the sea, and thus he would be safe. 

Once again, he went back to his normal routine, living in the house where he had committed the murders, and being visited by his patients.

They enquired about his wife.  He told them that she had gone to visit relatives, which was her habit.  Once more, he was functioning perfectly normally, and no-one suspected a reputable doctor of murder.

After more time had passed, thinking he was quite safe, the doctor went to the police to report her missing.  He then made multiple enquiries regarding police progress.

How he got caught is a long story.  Suffice it to say, the river into which he had thrown the body parts was in a flash flood at the time, but it rapidly subsided, and several of the bags lodged on the river banks.  One had split open.  A passerby saw a body part and the police were alerted.

After a complex reconstruction, the doctor was tried for two murders, found guilty, and was hanged.

What relevance has that to Madeleine's case?

What relevance has it to 'latest news' about anything?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4195 on: April 18, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
It's 'latest', because I saw it last night.  One does not get fresher than that.

It's "relevant", because no-one thought a reputable doctor could have committed a horrific crime.  Until he got tried and hanged.

It's "relevant", because of his repeated desires that the police should inform him of progress.

It's clearly not search related.

I was replying to a post saying that whats-his-name had taken part in a demo march for, was it, the Babes in the Wood?

It just doesn't seem to be particularly unlikely behaviour, once someone believes they have got away with it.

What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4196 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:54 PM »
It's 'latest', because I saw it last night.  One does not get fresher than that.

It's "relevant", because no-one thought a reputable doctor could have committed a horrific crime.  Until he got tried and hanged.

It's "relevant", because of his repeated desires that the police should inform him of progress.

I was replying to a post saying that whats-his-name had taken part in a demo march for, was it, the Babes in the Wood?

It just doesn't seem to be particularly unlikely behaviour, once someone believes they have got away with it.

Just goes to show how eager some are to jump on an off topic bandwagon given the slightest excuse.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4197 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
Just goes to show how eager some are to jump on an off topic bandwagon given the slightest excuse.
Perhaps you should have deleted the posts re the non-recent Babes in the Woods case?

Pandora's Box has been open for several days.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4198 on: April 18, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »
@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4199 on: April 18, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »

Did he have a name?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly