Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400435 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4275 on: April 20, 2019, 12:28:05 PM »
It's in one of the 10th anniversary specials, whichever CM appeared in.  Presumably the ITV one, because I can't remember him being in the Panorama one.

By the way, your current flurry of requests for cites is dragging the debate down.  John has made clear that cites are required for important instances only.  That excludes trivial attempts at points scoring, and goading.

*&(+(+

this is what JOhn said..

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

you have made two significant claims....and not provided a cite for either...you have obvioulsly misunderstood what John said and therefore may have misunderstood the other two points you claim

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:31:37 PM by Davel »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #4276 on: April 20, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
For those from a different country, the McCanns have not been tried in a court of law because they have never been charged or even suspected by two police investigations.
Sceptics have difficulty understanding this.

They have not been charged because the word is  there is NOT ENOUGH evidence to charge them.  They were suspected by the PJ of staging an abduction. And concealing a body. The first part is easy to establilsh the second no so much.

Again THEY CAN NOT BE DECLARED SUSPECTS  of a crime UNKNOWN.

supporters have great difficulty in trying to hoodwink  non supporters into thinking they have been declared innocent by not being declared as suspects... it just isn't working you see.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4277 on: April 20, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »
They have not been charged because the word is  there is NOT ENOUGH evidence to charge them.  They were suspected by the PJ of staging an abduction. And concealing a body. The first part is easy to establilsh the second no so much.

Again THEY CAN NOT BE DECLARED SUSPECTS  of a crime UNKNOWN.

supporters have great difficulty in trying to hoodwink  non supporters into thinking they have been declared innocent by not being declared as suspects... it just isn't working you see.

no one....and not the mccanns ...have claimed that they have been declared innocent

« Reply #4278 on: April 20, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »
no one....and not the mccanns ...have claimed that they have been declared innocent

Play on words... not being declaired suspects= declared innocent in supporters mindset.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4279 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:43 PM »
Police legal department at a guess, certainly not low rank serving officers.

What chain of command do you think is involved in dealing with the information requested in FOI's? 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4280 on: April 20, 2019, 12:51:51 PM »
Play on words... not being declaired suspects= declared innocent in supporters mindset.

In other words ... anyone against whom there is insufficient evidence to proceed must be guilty.  How does that pan out as far as the latest arguidos are concerned?  By your reasoning they must also be guilty.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

« Reply #4281 on: April 20, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
In other words ... anyone against whom there is insufficient evidence to proceed must be guilty.  How does that pan out as far as the latest arguidos are concerned?  By your reasoning they must also be guilty.

No it is not my reasoning at all. I have never mentioned guilt or innocence. I am merely correcting the assumtion being played by supporters that two police services investigating are saying the parents are not suspects- without declaring what the crime is. Therefore trying to equate not suspects as they are innocent.

AS Soon as we know what the crimes is- we can then hear who the suspects are and who is not.
So it is fair to say there are NO SUSPECTS IN a case where no crime has been defined?

Would you agree with that?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4282 on: April 20, 2019, 01:00:11 PM »

No it is not my reasoning at all. I have never mentioned guilt or innocence. I am merely correcting the assumtion being played by supporters that two police services investigating are saying the parents are not suspects- without declaring what the crime is. Therefore trying to equate not suspects as they are innocent.

AS Soon as we know what the crimes is- we can then hear who the suspects are and who is not.
So it is fair to say there are NO SUSPECTS IN a case where no crime has been defined?

Would you agree with that?

Using your criteria and the criteria which is used by others ... the most recent arguidos must be guilty.

« Reply #4283 on: April 20, 2019, 01:13:54 PM »
Using your criteria and the criteria which is used by others ... the most recent arguidos must be guilty.

No, I have said. the PJ suspected them of two things - they are the investigating team. The PJ have not declared them guilty or innocent. Just as suspects of a crime they have mentioned as a theory.

I would appreciate it if you would refrain from associating me with 'others' unless you can prove that I, with these named others, share the same thoughts. And while we're at it - it would be really helpful if you would stop from trying to create a 'gang' of sceptics all belonging to the same thought process as the supporters do. we are different and have different views and opinions.

As a mod this should be a natural task to accommplish. Being neutral and all that jazz

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4284 on: April 20, 2019, 01:20:10 PM »

thats your mindset.....they are not suspects and after 12 years are therefore highly blikely to be involved

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4285 on: April 20, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Scotland Yard will have hundreds if not thousands of active cases on their books ... are you wondering what the officers dealing with them are doing in their offices?  Apart from perhaps taking time out to deal with regularly incoming FOI requests?

Or dodgy dossiers from busybodies.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4286 on: April 20, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »
thats your mindset.....they are not suspects and after 12 years are therefore highly blikely to be involved
It is IMO not clear what you mean D.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

« Reply #4287 on: April 20, 2019, 01:58:09 PM »
It is IMO not clear what you mean D.

I think he is saying it doesn't matter and after twelve years it is highly blikley they are not involved, although it does suggest that before the 12 years they may have been.. oh no wait... erm.. um... nah I don't now either.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4288 on: April 20, 2019, 02:02:07 PM »
I think he is saying it doesn't matter and after twelve years it is highly blikley they are not involved, although it does suggest that before the 12 years they may have been.. oh no wait... erm.. um... nah I don't now either.
Highly blikley.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4289 on: April 20, 2019, 02:07:41 PM »
Or dodgy dossiers from busybodies.

Not to mention pet theories and information. I know of three people who have sent or taken such things to them. I expect there's more.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0