Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400455 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4305 on: April 20, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
Who knows?  Who cares?
The mods do.   
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4306 on: April 20, 2019, 08:07:46 PM »
Who knows?  Who cares?
I know and I care.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4307 on: April 20, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »
So you won’t name him, never mind.  Piling pressure on guilty people so that they crack usually only works on guilty people
That's patently untrue. Hence why the old adage is 'torture doesn't work'; because eventually they will tell you anything, whether they did it or not.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4308 on: April 20, 2019, 08:50:57 PM »
That's patently untrue. Hence why the old adage is 'torture doesn't work'; because eventually they will tell you anything, whether they did it or not.
Inwasn’t talking about torture, I was talking about putting pressure on the McCanns by announcing that they were being reinvestigated.  A bit of a difference.
PS Did yoy know it’s bad form to amend another user’s posts when quoting?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4309 on: April 20, 2019, 08:59:06 PM »
Inwasn’t talking about torture, I was talking about putting pressure on the McCanns by announcing that they were being reinvestigated.  A bit of a difference.
PS Did yoy know it’s bad form to amend another user’s posts when quoting?
I didn't amend it, I snipped the pertinent part. The content remained the same. No-one wants a gigantic quote, three pages long......but duly noted.
And 'putting pressure on' is on the same spectrum of torture, way down the scale admittedly.
But in context, 'putting pressure' on a vulnerable person will have the same effect, they fold like a pillow case and admit anything.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4310 on: April 20, 2019, 09:00:34 PM »
I didn't amend it, I snipped the pertinent part. The content remained the same. No-one wants a gigantic quote, three pages long......but duly noted.
And 'putting pressure on' is on the same spectrum of torture, way down the scale admittedly.
But in context, 'putting pressure' on a vulnerable person will have the same effect, they fold like a pillow case and admit anything.
Is this not a tactic the police are known to use to elicit a confession then?

Offline The General

« Reply #4311 on: April 20, 2019, 09:05:16 PM »
Yes, but it's generally frowned upon these days. It garners way more useless, inadmissible evidence as useful admissible. Saw it on CSI:Doncaster

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4312 on: April 20, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
I would say some pressure has to be applied in a lot of cases to get a confession.  "Get it off your chest"   Appearing to be concerned for the perpetrator, "you'll feel better when you get it off your chest".
And when they confess, they face years of time in prison.  Did it help them to clear their conscience?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4313 on: April 20, 2019, 09:21:03 PM »
Yes, but it's generally frowned upon these days. It garners way more useless, inadmissible evidence as useful admissible. Saw it on CSI:Doncaster
Haha, ok then it must be true. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4314 on: April 20, 2019, 10:44:47 PM »

No, I have said. the PJ suspected them of two things - they are the investigating team. The PJ have not declared them guilty or innocent. Just as suspects of a crime they have mentioned as a theory.

I would appreciate it if you would refrain from associating me with 'others' unless you can prove that I, with these named others, share the same thoughts. And while we're at it - it would be really helpful if you would stop from trying to create a 'gang' of sceptics all belonging to the same thought process as the supporters do. we are different and have different views and opinions.

As a mod this should be a natural task to accommplish. Being neutral and all that jazz

Please reread my post with more care than you did first time around ...

"Using your criteria" means exactly what it says when I say "yours"
"and the criteria which is used by others" also means precisely what it says when I say "by others"
You have not been associated with others ... you have your own billing.

As a mod I am required to moderate impartially ... as a member I am allowed the same freedom of speech as any other member, following the same rules.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4315 on: April 20, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »

Unless it seems, your name happens to be Leonor Cipriano.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #4316 on: April 23, 2019, 11:08:11 AM »
The statistic that gives the McCanns hope – and could equally apply to Ben Needham.

"...the people who've got the most experience are the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) in the United States, and one of the earliest things that stuck with me ever since then is the younger [they are] at the time a child is taken, the more likely they've been taken to be kept alive." Gerry McCann

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1115956/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-netflix-documentary-kate-gerry-mccann-statistic-spt
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4317 on: April 23, 2019, 11:33:38 AM »
The statistic that gives the McCanns hope – and could equally apply to Ben Needham.

"...the people who've got the most experience are the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) in the United States, and one of the earliest things that stuck with me ever since then is the younger [they are] at the time a child is taken, the more likely they've been taken to be kept alive." Gerry McCann

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1115956/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-netflix-documentary-kate-gerry-mccann-statistic-spt

So why not Amelie?  Any thoughts?
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #4318 on: April 23, 2019, 12:43:51 PM »

Stranger abductions are rare, especially involving very young children. I think it would be difficult to predict anything from such small numbers of cases.

According to the federal governmebt only about 100 cases per year can be classified as abductions by strangers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_in_the_United_States

in 2010-2011 only 11 stranger abductions in the US involved children between the ages of 3 anf 5 years.
https://reason.com/2017/03/31/kidnapping-stats/

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4319 on: April 23, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »
So why not Amelie?  Any thoughts?

Absolutely. She would have been lighter and therefore easier to lift from her bed and carry away, through limited vocabulary would have had less likely  to alert strangers to her true identity and also would have had less memory of her former life as time went by....and of course she was a younger, mirror image of Madeleine.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?