Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400423 times)

Offline The General

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4335 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:06 AM »
I think three people and their dog talking about this nonsense on a forum such as this hardly constitutes "working" and I'm not sure to what end you think it would be working anyway, apart from as clickbait which is clearly all it is.  Perhaps that's what you meant.
It's all of that. The 'reach' I can't calculate, but it's reached this little corner of the internet with 3 dudes, a cat and a whippet. What was it in, The S*n, so we've discussed their readership previously, plus the webpage visits. Then extend it out to all the links to the rag, then all the people on twitter, facepage, FaceSpace, etc......
But it's all unfounded tittle tattle which the British public seem to like.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4336 on: May 01, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
It's all of that. The 'reach' I can't calculate, but it's reached this little corner of the internet with 3 dudes, a cat and a whippet. What was it in, The S*n, so we've discussed their readership previously, plus the webpage visits. Then extend it out to all the links to the rag, then all the people on twitter, facepage, FaceSpace, etc......
But it's all unfounded tittle tattle which the British public seem to like.

It certainly has appeared to 'work' after a fashion for self publicist Mark Saunokonoko as the masses wait with bated breath for the revelations of a disgraced cop about the inner workings of an investigation about which he probably knows as much as you or me.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #4337 on: May 01, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »
It certainly has appeared to 'work' after a fashion for self publicist Mark Saunokonoko as the masses wait with bated breath for the revelations of a disgraced cop about the inner workings of an investigation about which he probably knows as much as you or me.

As far as I can see, his podcasts cover rather more than just the opinion of a retired police officer and reach a wide audience.

Do you have a problem with that ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4338 on: May 01, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

As far as I can see, his podcasts cover rather more than just the opinion of a retired police officer and reach a wide audience.

Do you have a problem with that ?

Not at all ... but then I'm not daft enough to have listened to them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4339 on: May 01, 2019, 08:39:19 PM »
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/criminals-could-go-free-because-of-inadequate-forensic-services-11707804

It seems forensic science analysis is in crisis ..seems the FSSwas a lot more reliable than some think

The committee said that, throughout its inquiry, it heard about a decline in forensic science, especially since the controversial closure in 2012 of the Forensic Science Service (FSS), which was publicly owned.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 08:42:44 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #4340 on: May 01, 2019, 10:33:40 PM »
https://news.sky.com/story/amp/criminals-could-go-free-because-of-inadequate-forensic-services-11707804

It seems forensic science analysis is in crisis ..seems the FSSwas a lot more reliable than some think

The committee said that, throughout its inquiry, it heard about a decline in forensic science, especially since the controversial closure in 2012 of the Forensic Science Service (FSS), which was publicly owned.
Quincy will be turning in his grave.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4341 on: May 03, 2019, 10:56:58 AM »
The mail is reporting that the PJ are investigating a new kidnao suspect and the parents, are not suspects  ..that's going to upset the sceptics and Mark S

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4342 on: May 03, 2019, 11:09:38 AM »
The mail is reporting that the PJ are investigating a new kidnao suspect and the parents, are not suspects  ..that's going to upset the sceptics and Mark S

I think Barrier posted a link to this in the Latest News thread.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4343 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »
I think Barrier posted a link to this in the Latest News thread.

Thanks

Offline The General

« Reply #4344 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
I almost broke out an emoji then.
'The sceptics' - all of them, of course, even the ones oblivious to the story, are all now upset.
It's The Mail, that most trustworthy and veracious of all daily publications.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4345 on: May 03, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
'The sceptics' - all of them, of course, even the ones oblivious to the story, are all now upset.

Article is not by 'family friend' Tracey is it ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4346 on: May 03, 2019, 11:14:07 AM »

It's in the Portuguese paper CDM... I suppose the sceptics can just put their fingers in their ears and pretend it isn't happening

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4347 on: May 03, 2019, 11:15:26 AM »

Article is not by 'family friend' Tracey is it ?

No.. It's, a Portuguese article... So will really upset the sceptics

Offline The General

« Reply #4348 on: May 03, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
No.. It's, a Portuguese article... So will really upset the sceptics
It really won't.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4349 on: May 03, 2019, 11:24:57 AM »
It really won't.

Certainlt doesn't upset me - why should it ?

I'm delighted that the Portuguese appear to be doing something   8)--))

Or maybe not -