Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400442 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4395 on: May 03, 2019, 05:35:58 PM »
Is your post directed at one particular group by chance?
No

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4396 on: May 03, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »
That part is.  Cipriani isnt.. The point is... If this suspect confessed... But there was no evidence... Would posters here accept he was guilty
From what I know (YouTube studies) is that in the USA there has to be more evidence of guilt other than just a statement confessing to a crime.  Physical evidence linking the person to the crime has to exist as well before they can be convicted.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 05:46:29 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4397 on: May 03, 2019, 05:45:14 PM »
No

What would be gained from the supposed confession save nortoriety.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4398 on: May 03, 2019, 05:50:16 PM »
What would be gained from the supposed confession save nortoriety.
So why do people confess

Offline barrier

« Reply #4399 on: May 03, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »
So why do people confess

Never been in converstaion with one. *%6^
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4400 on: May 03, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »
Never been in converstaion with one. *%6^

There have been many studies about people who confess to crimes they have not committed ... it is a phenomenon which occurs with amazing regularity.

The inherent danger of a false confession being accepted is that it leaves the real perpetrator of a crime free to keep on offending.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4401 on: May 03, 2019, 06:21:29 PM »
Are they?  A cite would be good, thanks.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/129407/Kate-McCann-returns-to-Portugal

‘But it is understood that, as well as updating lawyers about the search for their daughter, who would now be six, they will be meeting representatives from a new PR agency, whom they hope can turn public opinion in Portugal in their favour.’

We have no reason to believe that they are still not working for the parents.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4402 on: May 03, 2019, 06:22:04 PM »
I'm making light of it because as it fits your narrative, 'interrogation' seems way harsher than 'interview'.
Yet Amaral discusses 'interrogation' in a matter of fact manner, as depicted in your useful quotes. It's a police interview. I don't remember Murat being too disparaging about the 'interrogation'.
I temember him bein most disparaging about it, he thought they were trying to stitch him up!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4403 on: May 03, 2019, 06:23:21 PM »
Don't worry.  I know that you do serial silly propositions.
Rude.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4404 on: May 03, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
Aren’t the parents paying a Portuguese PR company, Lift something I believe. What better way to distance yourself from the comment than having a ‘Portuguese source’  giving us the information.
LOL.  Faithlilly thinks the McCanns made it all up and the PJ are still firmly setting their sights on the parents.  You gotta laugh!

Offline jassi

« Reply #4405 on: May 03, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »
I temember him bein most disparaging about it, he thought they were trying to stitch him up!

I think someone certainly was, but fortunately for him, the PJ finally saw through it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4406 on: May 03, 2019, 06:27:05 PM »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/129407/Kate-McCann-returns-to-Portugal

‘But it is understood that, as well as updating lawyers about the search for their daughter, who would now be six, they will be meeting representatives from a new PR agency, whom they hope can turn public opinion in Portugal in their favour.’

We have no reason to believe that they are still not working for the parents.
Why has it taken them 10 years to trot this story out then?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4407 on: May 03, 2019, 06:28:35 PM »
I think someone certainly was, but fortunately for him, the PJ finally saw through it.
Do you think Murat was impressed by the PJ’s conduct during his time as an arguido?

Offline jassi

« Reply #4408 on: May 03, 2019, 06:29:51 PM »
Do you think Murat was impressed by the PJ’s conduct during his time as an arguido?

Haven't spoken to him about his experiences, so don't know.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4409 on: May 03, 2019, 06:31:19 PM »
Haven't spoken to him about his experiences, so don't know.
You don’t need to speak to him personally.  Watch the Netflix docco.