Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400457 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4665 on: May 05, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »
Did you not approach your business with a burning desire? If not, it sounds like you were in the wrong business.
Erm... yes but it took me to the four corners of the UK, so I had no greater burning desire for Glasgow than elsewhere.  In fact I was taken ill in Glasgow so that city has always had negative connotations ever since.  Not the fault of the city I’m sure!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4666 on: May 05, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
Glasgow is the City of my soul.

I like both but do think Edinburgh is beautiful and for me the more interesting city.
I was brought up in a town equidistant from both, so have no allegiance to either.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4667 on: May 05, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »
Want me to sing "I belong to Glasgow" to you?
Or would you like a wee number from Steak & Kidney Divine?

No Thanks.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4668 on: May 05, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
Tell you something I've notice this weekend about Gerry McCann's hometown Glasgow. The local rag is the Evening Times... and the McCann article that's been up for the last two days has 6 comments and 3 deleted ones, 9 in total.
In the old days there were pages and pages of comments on a McCann thread.

People have simply lost interest in the McCanns in Glasgow it would appear.
6 comments!
https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17618821.portuguese-detectives-have-new-suspect-in-madeleine-mccann-disappearance/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

I don't bother to comment on Newspaper articles anymore.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4669 on: May 05, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »
Cite for me apologising for any child murderer. Thank you!

Sometimes the excellent Scottish education system fails;

apologist
/əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4670 on: May 05, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »
I admire the chutzpah with which you defend the integrity of a child killer while keeping up constant denunciation of the parents of a missing child.

I'm not defending him but he did target boys. I think it's another BS lead like the woman in purple was being tracked down. Did they get her?  Did they hell, they just rehash past stories to keep the gullible happy.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4671 on: May 05, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
In your rush to undermine my post you obviously didn’t notice that I didn’t say that you’d said Ney had been in the frame since 2012, the press articles already posted does.

You claimed that the release of Ney’s identity could have a detrimental effect on a live investigation....pre-warned....I think you said but with the interest in 2012 that detrimental effect would have already occurred.

You mentioned the name.  I did not.  And you are compounding the implications you are attaching to my posts by doing so yet again in your post above.
Nor did I mention or make reference to 2012 ... YOU did that also.  What I actually said was ... "I think it most certainly raises serious concerns about why Amaral did what he did ... could he really have been as stupid not to know leaks to the press such as this must compromise live investigations.

Will you please desist from adulterating my posts from what I have actually said into what you want me to have said.

It is nothing short of dishonesty.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #4672 on: May 05, 2019, 10:28:48 PM »

A close friend of the McCann’s said: "If Ney is the suspect can you imagine how Madeleine’s parents will be feeling, knowing that a child killing pervert many be involved in their daughter’s kidnap."

"It is beyond horrendous."

It wouldn't be anything new to them really, Gerry already knew paedophile gangs took Maddie & Kate too knew that 'the f..king b........s' had taken her.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4673 on: May 05, 2019, 10:58:05 PM »
No no no.you misunderstand - probably deliberately  8)--))

Amaral was informed through his contacts. Nothing to do with McCann
If Amaral was informed by his contacts then does that not lend credence to the newspaper articles, and does that not in turn provide compelling evidence that the McCanns are not being investigated and are not suspects, as others on here still seem to believe?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4674 on: May 05, 2019, 11:21:16 PM »
Not when we are reading who it's coming from; "Family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said “It might be him and he fits the profile, he is a known predatory paedophile and he’s a foreigner."

Mr Mitchell said that Portuguese Police’s fresh bid to close in on Maddie’s kidnapper was “action on a tip off from Scotland Yard".

Here's the best bit: "He added: “Kate and Gerry are not in a position to comment on this, nor would they because it is operational detail and they will not discuss it.  @)(++(*

I'm sure as the family of a missing child they will be getting updates but I can't envisage any police protocol that would permit anyone outside the investigation, access to the operational details of the case."

That's why the McCanns deserve all they get in my opinion, they pay a spokesman to treat the public (me being one of them) like absolute mugs.

Operational detail? Come on, even you must see this for what it is? Utter garbage from the McCanns spokesman.
You seem to have completely missed the point, which was that Amaral knew about this aspect of the investigation weeks before it appeared in the media, so what exactly do you believe is utter garbage?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4675 on: May 05, 2019, 11:52:24 PM »
Wrong; you seem to be missing the point. There is nothing official to suggest the new lead Amaral is talking about is the guy Ney that Mitchell is promoting here. Even SY aren't that daft to ignore the fact that he only ever abused young boys. They know Sean was in the same room as Madeleine, so they'll also know if it was Ney that's who he would have abducted.

I believe the idea Mitchell tries to suggest, that Kate and Gerry McCann get briefed on anything to do with operational detail is utter garbage, so why bother even mention it if they don't? Because he thinks we're all mugs imo, that's why.

Anyone who pays someone who employ such deceitful tactics deserve everything they get imo.
IMO you are getting your knickers in a twist about nothing. Amaral said some German paedo, the press have assumed (or been tipped off) it’s Ney, Mitchell has said it may or may not be him but that he ticks alot of the boxes (including a striking resemblance to a photofit) and that Kate and Gerry won’t discuss it.  Why do you believe so adamantly that parents of missing children are not updated by the police into their lines of inquiry? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4676 on: May 06, 2019, 12:07:01 AM »
My knickers aren't in a twist, no worries there. I don't doubt the parents of any missing child investigation get up dates on developments, I said as much in my original post, but I refuse to believe there is any protocol that will allow an investigation to grant the parents any access to operational detail of the case. Operational details will be restricted to the investigation.
He ticks a lot of the boxes? He only ever abused young boys, Madeline was a young girl.
Do you think he should have gone to spec savers?
What in your opinion are they key differences between updates and details of operations? 
Yes, he does tick alot of the boxes, but not all.  I am not a paedo, nor do I mix with child abductors and murderers so I don’t know if it’s beyond the realms of possibilty that one might abduct a child that doesn’t fit their usual predilections for themselves, someone else or some other financially lucrative and heinous activity.  Do you?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4677 on: May 06, 2019, 12:29:35 AM »
You mentioned the name.  I did not.  And you are compounding the implications you are attaching to my posts by doing so yet again in your post above.
Nor did I mention or make reference to 2012 ... YOU did that also.  What I actually said was ... "I think it most certainly raises serious concerns about why Amaral did what he did ... could he really have been as stupid not to know leaks to the press such as this must compromise live investigations.

Will you please desist from adulterating my posts from what I have actually said into what you want me to have said.

It is nothing short of dishonesty.

This is the whole conversation.

Brietta : It has obviously been kept under wraps for quite some time while the investigators suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous sceptic scorn.

It was kept private for very good and valid investigative purposes.

Amaral took it upon himself to publicly raise the spectre of the "scapegoat".  He did not name him.  He didn't have to.  He is now worldwide headline news and any associates who did not already know they might be in the frame most certainly do now and forewarned is forearmed.

I think it most certainly raises serious concerns about why Amaral did what he did ... could he really have been as stupid not to know leaks to the press such as this must compromise live investigations.”

Faith : I thought Ney had been ‘in the frame’ as far back as 2012 ? Surely any investigation would have been compromised at that point ?

Brietta : Where did I say this guy had been "in the frame" as far back as 2012 ?

If you reread the second sentence in your post and give it a moment or two of serious contemplation, perhaps you will realise how absurd it might appear to the disinterested reader.

Faith : In your rush to undermine my post you obviously didn’t notice that I didn’t say that you’d said Ney had been in the frame since 2012, the press articles already posted does.

You claimed that the release of Ney’s identity could have a detrimental effect on a live investigation....pre-warned....I think you said but with the interest in 2012 that detrimental effect would have already occurred.

Brietta : You mentioned the name.  I did not.  And you are compounding the implications you are attaching to my posts by doing so yet again in your post above.

It is nothing short of dishonesty.’

So please point out where I have altered your post or been dishonest or withdraw your accusations via forum rules ? It seems it is you who is being dishonest. If you proceed down this path I will take it further.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4678 on: May 06, 2019, 12:55:06 AM »
The Operational (Grange) detail is the overall strategy of the entire investigation. Updates are information of the individual procedures being carried out within the Operation.  Mitchell knows he's inflating the information he is feeding the public. But that's what he always does with everything. He treats us like mugs and the McCanns pay him to do it. Cool ey?
Do you think Scotland Yard have got this new lead by hiring a paedo? But wouldn't he have noticed Mr Ney had lots and lots of victims and every single one of them was a young male? Why would he pick Madeleine over Sean in that case? Do you need be a paedo or hang about with child murders to come up with a logical answer?

If that's the case and SY do have Ney in their sights, logic dictates they must have hired a child murdering paedo.!

Mitchell knows that Ney doesn’t fit the profile so why is he claiming that he does ? Who does it benefit when he spreads misinformation? Certainly not OG or the public at large. The only reason he can have for doing it is to divert attention from something else.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4679 on: May 06, 2019, 01:23:30 AM »
He thinks we're all mugs imo.
I wouldn't be surprised if this Ney angle started with Mitchell.
I said earlier it had Mitchell written all over it... and here he is, popping up and promoting Mr Ney in the papers.

Imagine being the innocent parents of an abducted child, why would you hire someone like Clarence Mitchell.?

We reap what sow. The McCanns are learning that the hard way imo.

I’ll eat my hat if this is not a suspect fed to Correio da Manha by Lift Consulting. There is not one direct quote from the police in the whole article it published.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:01:13 AM by Robittybob1 »