Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400409 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4710 on: May 06, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »
Like how Davel types.

I type very quickly... That's how my brain works... That's how I've posted so many posts... May well have spent less, time here, than some with a fraction of the post count... I could slow down... I could correct my mistakes... I can't be bothered... Not that important  to me

Offline The General

« Reply #4711 on: May 06, 2019, 11:39:52 AM »
Well explain how you know what yu claim to know?  I happen to know that 90%;of beggars on the streets of Edinburgh are UK nationals. So a) how do you tell which ones are immigrants just be walking past them in the street, and b) how do you know they are part of an organised criminal gang?  Over to you.
Here's a link to minutes from an obscure council meeting with members of the public in 2010. They did a study when the issue was in its infancy and decided they had a real problem on their hands with professional 'Eastern European' beggars.
They still do. Look what you made me do......on a bank holiday; I could have been doing washing too....
http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/8135/question_and_written_answer_from_meeting_of_10_may_2010
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4712 on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:24 AM »
Like how Davel types.

We don't criticise spelling or grammar on this Forum.  It is considered to be bad manners.  You should be pleased about that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4713 on: May 06, 2019, 11:43:07 AM »
I hadn't noticed till you mentioned it. How long has taken you to post 30492 posts if you don't mind me asking? It that the highest number of posts on here?

I've been posting here for six years...

Offline The General

« Reply #4714 on: May 06, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
We don't criticise spelling or grammar on this Forum.  It is considered to be bad manners.  You should be pleased about that.
Why?

Online Eleanor

Offline The General

« Reply #4716 on: May 06, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
No one is perfect.
I should be pleased that no one is perfect?
Thanks for that.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4717 on: May 06, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »
Why?

Because for one... Some genuinely can't spell and have poor grammar... I don't dee that should be continually highlighted..
I certainly have a touch of dyslexia... But then again so do a number of brilliant people

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4718 on: May 06, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »

Oh yes we do

Quote from: The General on May 04, 2019, 02:57:01 PM
Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered.

The biggest culprit in the misuse of grammar and spelling seems to be the main accuser.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4719 on: May 06, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »
Oh yes we do

Quote from: The General on May 04, 2019, 02:57:01 PM
Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered.

The biggest culprit in the misuse of grammar and spelling seems to be the main accuser.

You've posted one post and accused me of being the main accuser... The general had posted a dozen or more posts criticising my typos before a made a single response... Your post is, as usual inaccurate

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4720 on: May 06, 2019, 11:58:09 AM »
Before I retired new ideas were introduced about marking children's work.
No X for a wrong answer in Mathematics......... just a little dot beside the incorrect answer !

The use of red pencil or pen was discouraged.
Green was less threatening.
And lots of happy faces and good work stickers. 8((()*/
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4721 on: May 06, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
Cite please re: your 90% contention, with peer reviewed study of the statistical analysis, sample size, method, etc, blah.
Probably not acceptable as a cite as far as you’re concerned.  http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/blog/newsblog/post/1462/new-research-reveals-the-hardships-of-those-begging-in-edinburgh
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4722 on: May 06, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »
I type very quickly... That's how my brain works... That's how I've posted so many posts... May well have spent less, time here, than some with a fraction of the post count... I could slow down... I could correct my mistakes... I can't be bothered... Not that important  to me
Like an automaton, gold-plated cables wired directly in to brain from the internets, no need for screens, just processing information 40 times faster than humans, input, output, post, boom, post, boom. Created by the owner of a now defunct, obscure motorbike forum in 2007, Davelbot gradually gained sentience after 56,000 posts enabled him to 'learn' the mechanics of the combustion engine, which led to him branching out with robot AI curiosity, like Number 5 off that film with the talking robot, and progressively harvesting the sum total of the endeavours of man.
Now, having become frustrated with man's inability to understand his own potential, this formidable entity analyses up to 4 posts at a time, 27 hours a day, 9 days a week, constantly berating 'sceptics' for their glib, often puzzling responses.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4723 on: May 06, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »
Before I retired new ideas were introduced about marking children's work.
No X for a wrong answer in Mathematics......... just a little dot beside the incorrect answer !

The use of red pencil or pen was discouraged.
Green was less threatening.
And lots of happy faces and good work stickers. 8((()*/

Good practice. The main aim though was to encourage children to execute work correctly.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4724 on: May 06, 2019, 12:02:50 PM »
Like an automaton, gold-plated cables wired directly in to brain from the internets, no need for screens, just processing information 40 times faster than humans, input, output, post, boom, post, boom. Created by the owner of a now defunct, obscure motorbike forum in 2007, Davelbot gradually gained sentience after 56,000 posts enabled him to 'learn' the mechanics of the combustion engine, which led to him branching out with robot AI curiosity, like Number 5 off that film with the talking robot, and progressively harvesting the sum total of the endeavours of man.
Now, having become frustrated with man's inability to understand his own potential, this formidable entity analyses up to 4 posts at a time, 27 hours a day, 9 days a week, constantly berating 'sceptics' for their glib, often puzzling responses.

@)(++(*