Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400446 times)

Offline The General

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #4755 on: May 06, 2019, 01:04:34 PM »
This is on a par with that day they started playing footy in no man's land in the Somme.
Eleanor, why would you delete what was an extremely funny punchline?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4756 on: May 06, 2019, 01:07:53 PM »
Oh right an expert in homelessness and the issues of criminal begging gangs in Edinburgh, of course I should have known.  Well actually I am a homeless beggar in Edinburgh myself, sitting in MacDonalds on Princes Street right now drinking a 90p coffee bought with my begging money  and using their free wi-fi, so I win.

Has McDonalds stopped doing free refills on coffee? 

Several years ago I was clearing up after my McDonalds repast.  I was about to dispose of my rubbish in the bin when a man came up to me and 'begged' for my used coffee cup.  He explained the free refill deal.  As I was about to confine the cup to landfill, I was civil enough to hand it to him.  Off he trotted to get his prize.  Just a tiny bit of recycling.

Going back to Angelo's post, I have stated my first degree was at the University of Edinburgh, unfortunately now many years ago.  There was a definite 'beggar on main street' problem then.  Some were polite, but quite a few were aggressive.  As a financially-struggling young student, I had to work outside of University term, in order to pay for absolute basics, so I didn't have a penny to spare.  So the beggars went on a-begging.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4757 on: May 06, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
What? Really?

Yes.. Some here did quite some research... Faith has made several comments so obviously has made an effort... I'm not to bothered as long ad the comments stay within the bounds of the law

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4758 on: May 06, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
Eleanor, why would you delete what was an extremely funny punchline?

I didn't think it was funny.  But I have left it in The Quote.  Howzat?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4759 on: May 06, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
Has McDonalds stopped doing free refills on coffee? 

Several years ago I was clearing up after my McDonalds repast.  I was about to dispose of my rubbish in the bin when a man came up to me and 'begged' for my used coffee cup.  He explained the free refill deal.  As I was about to confine the cup to landfill, I was civil enough to hand it to him.  Off he trotted to get his prize.  Just a tiny bit of recycling.

Going back to Angelo's post, I have stated my first degree was at the University of Edinburgh, unfortunately now many years ago.  There was a definite 'beggar on main street' problem then.  Some were polite, but quite a few were aggressive.  As a financially-struggling young student, I had to work outside of University term, in order to pay for absolute basics, so I didn't have a penny to spare.  So the beggars went on a-begging.

Talking of McDonalds I've perfected the sausage and egg mccmuffin...saves me the drive

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4760 on: May 06, 2019, 01:21:26 PM »
Yes.. Some here did quite some research... Faith has made several comments so obviously has made an effort... I'm not to bothered as long ad the comments stay within the bounds of the law

You posted the details, I responded....don’t make a bigger deal of it than it actually was. In fact, as you know, I don’t believe the identity leaked is you....yes, I know, I’m sounding as if I care.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4761 on: May 06, 2019, 01:23:54 PM »
You posted the details, I responded....don’t make a bigger deal of it than it actually was. In fact, as you know, I don’t believe the identity leaked is you....yes, I know, I’m sounding as if I care.

I never posted any details... You do get a lot wrong... I was quite shocked one day at work to receive a call from Sadie..

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4762 on: May 06, 2019, 01:25:36 PM »
I never posted any details...

You have never shut up about it since it happened....bored now.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4763 on: May 06, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
Forum spellchecker - how does that work? 

Is it hit "preview"?

It's the thing that puts a red line under taht automatically even as you type your reply.

It's not always correct.  It correctly flags taht.  It incorrectly flags McDonalds.

It also spellchecks in American English.  So it does not flag color, but it does flag colour.

How many posts have you got Robittybob1?  Your username has just been flagged by the spellchecker, but I'm fairly sure I've got it right.  Whereas I would expect it to not flag Eleanor.  Correct.  And it hasn't got a chance with Saunokonoko.  Also correct.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4764 on: May 06, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »
You have never shut up about it since it happened....bored now.

Then you don't have to respond... But thanks for the compliment Re my wife

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4765 on: May 06, 2019, 01:34:33 PM »
It's the thing that puts a red line under taht automatically even as you type your reply.

It's not always correct.  It correctly flags taht.  It incorrectly flags McDonalds.

It also spellchecks in American English.  So it does not flag color, but it does flag colour.

How many posts have you got Robittybob1?  Your username has just been flagged by the spellchecker, but I'm fairly sure I've got it right.  Whereas I would expect it to not flag Eleanor.  Correct.  And it hasn't got a chance with Saunokonoko.  Also correct.

most of my posts are from my phone which means much of the post isnt visible....i dont bother checking,,anyone with an ounce of sense can understand the post

Offline barrier

« Reply #4766 on: May 06, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »

I don't think its a forum spool chucker,its likely on your browser of choice,I,m using firefox and its useless for splee checking.

Right,if using firebox you have to add on British English dictionary for it to spell check properly.
This information was brought free of charge from barriers infotainments factoids..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:43:18 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4767 on: May 06, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
Talking of McDonalds I've perfected the sausage and egg mccmuffin...saves me the drive

Oddly enough, a bacon and egg McMuffin was retrieved for me the other day, but as I was asleep, it got scoffed before I awoke.

My first challenge is in finding a source here for so-called 'English muffins'.  If I manage to crack that, everything should be easy.

Mind you, as we've got a nearby McDonalds, why bother?

We haven't got a KFC in the area, so perhaps I would do better cracking Colonel Sanders 11 herbs and spices recipe. 
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4768 on: May 06, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
I don't think its a forum spool chucker,its likely on your browser of choice,I,m using firefox and its useless for splee checking.

I think you are right...no forum spell checker

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4769 on: May 06, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »
Oddly enough, a bacon and egg McMuffin was retrieved for me the other day, but as I was asleep, it got scoffed before I awoke.

My first challenge is in finding a source here for so-called 'English muffins'.  If I manage to crack that, everything should be easy.

Mind you, as we've got a nearby McDonalds, why bother?

We haven't got a KFC in the area, so perhaps I would do better cracking Colonel Sanders 11 herbs and spices recipe.
https://www.google.com/search?q=warburton+toasting+muffins&oq=warburton+toasting+muffins&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.10654j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

why bother....its the challenge...and my fried chicken is better than KFC...
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/289706028

I dont think they sell them after 10.30.am...so it saves me money...a drive ...and we can have them at any time of day
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:50:09 PM by Davel »