Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400427 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5580 on: September 12, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
Possibly but as I understand it the face of crime is changing too eg cybercrime.
So?  More police needed then!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5581 on: September 12, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
About the same sort of difficulties most others face I would have thought: bureaucracy, health and safety, procedures, politics, resources etc, etc. 

The point is are the police the best they can be?  Or do they need to up their game?

I remember 20 years ago talking to a police woman...she said they arrest  a young teenager for mugging an old lady..

the teenager spits in their face....and theres nothing they can do....as i said..imo you dont understand the difficulties the police face on a day by day basis

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5582 on: September 12, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
About the same sort of difficulties most others face I would have thought: bureaucracy, health and safety, procedures, politics, resources etc, etc. 

The point is are the police the best they can be?  Or do they need to up their game?
No organisation or public service is the best it can be, there is always room for improvement, but what has any of this got to do with Cressida Dick getting a gong? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5583 on: September 12, 2019, 01:40:32 PM »
I remember 20 years ago talking to a police woman...she said they arrest  a young teenager for mugging an old lady..

the teenager spits in their face....and theres nothing they can do....as i said..imo you dont understand the difficulties the police face on a day by day basis

It's not acceptable the way people react to the police these days. They have to put spit hoods onto people to protect themselves. I think spitting should be treated as assault, and that the police should be allowed to respond up to and including tasering.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #5584 on: September 12, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »
It's not acceptable the way people react to the police these days. They have to put spit hoods onto people to protect themselves. I think spitting should be treated as assault, and that the police should be allowed to respond up to and including tasering.
I think it is.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5585 on: September 12, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »

I agree but how do you react to a 12 or 13 Yr old child who spits in your face... The police cannot react and criminals know that

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5586 on: September 12, 2019, 03:34:25 PM »

But many front line public servants face similar eg ambulance/paramedics, A&E, school teachers, social workers etc. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5587 on: September 12, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »
But many front line public servants face similar eg ambulance/paramedics, A&E, school teachers, social workers etc.

Not to the extent of the police. If a child spits at a teacher the child would be expelled and possibly arrested

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5588 on: September 12, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »
No organisation or public service is the best it can be, there is always room for improvement, but what has any of this got to do with Cressida Dick getting a gong?

What has the MET achieved under her stewardship deserving of a dame hood?  As you said they don't need to achieve or under achieve they simply receive a dame hood or knighthood as as part of the package. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5589 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
Not to the extent of the police. If a child spits at a teacher the child would be expelled and possibly arrested

Some consolation for those murdered eg Philip Lawrence and Ann Maguire. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5590 on: September 12, 2019, 04:21:04 PM »
Some consolation for those murdered eg Philip Lawrence and Ann Maguire.

It's no good simply criticising when imo you don't understand the difficulties they face and you actually think you can do better

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5591 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:35 PM »
It's no good simply criticising when imo you don't understand the difficulties they face and you actually think you can do better

What evidence do you have that the police face more difficulties in the work place than others?

Where have I said or even implied I could do better?  And could do better where: frontline policing, special operations, commercial and finance, professionalism or what?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5592 on: September 12, 2019, 04:32:00 PM »
What evidence do you have that the police face more difficulties in the work place than others?

Where have I said or even implied I could do better?  And could do better where: frontline policing, special operations, commercial and finance, professionalism or what?

You claim to have solved the McCann case and said your findings will embarrass the Met

How many police have been killed or injured in the line of work in the last ten years... Compared to say... Mortgage Brokers

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5593 on: September 12, 2019, 04:34:37 PM »
What has the MET achieved under her stewardship deserving of a dame hood?  As you said they don't need to achieve or under achieve they simply receive a dame hood or knighthood as as part of the package.

But hey ho at least she paid for her own oil painting and sat in her own time for it.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2019-07-12/portrait-unveiled-of-the-first-female-commissioner-of-the-metropolitan-police/

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5594 on: September 12, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
You claim to have solved the McCann case and said your findings will embarrass the Met

Even if I achieve the above its not the same as saying I think I could do better than the police as a whole. 

Of course it will be embarrassing for the MET if an armchair sleuth has cracked the case in less than a month at zero cost.   

How many police have been killed or injured in the line of work in the last ten years... Compared to say... Mortgage Brokers

Not sure what mortgage brokers have got to do with anything? 

Its a myth the police suffer more fatalities in the workplace than others but I thought you might trot that one out. See fatality figures produced by HSE.  Page 5, fig 5:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/pdf/fatalinjuries.pdf