Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 400426 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5595 on: September 12, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »
Even if I achieve the above its not the same as saying I think I could do better than the police as a whole. 

Of course it will be embarrassing for the MET if an armchair sleuth has cracked the case in less than a month at zero cost.   

Not sure what mortgage brokers have got to do with anything? 

Its a myth the police suffer more fatalities in the workplace than others but I thought you might trot that one out. See fatality figures produced by HSE.  Page 5, fig 5:

http://www.hse.gov.uk/statistics/pdf/fatalinjuries.pdf

IMO you are the one who should be embarrassed making such a ridiculous claim

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5596 on: September 12, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
IMO you are the one who should be embarrassed making such a ridiculous claim

What have I claimed in the above post?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5597 on: September 12, 2019, 05:12:41 PM »
What have I claimed in the above post?

You have claimed to have solved the McCann case

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5598 on: September 12, 2019, 05:25:21 PM »
You have claimed to have solved the McCann case

I think my post above incorporates the word 'if' on two occasions.  Even if I have solved the McCannn case I don't see why it be so outlandish given we almost have all the same info to work with that the police have given Portuguese law of placing it all in the public domain.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5599 on: September 12, 2019, 05:27:36 PM »
I think my post above incorporates the word 'if' on two occasions.  Even if I have solved the McCannn case I don't see why it be so outlandish given we almost have all the same info to work with that the police have given Portuguese law of placing it all in the public domain.

Not everything is in the public domain..
I think it's a ridiculous idea..

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5600 on: September 12, 2019, 05:35:31 PM »

What's not in the public domain that's relevant?

Just repeating something is ridiculous doesn't make it so.  Please set out your reasons explaining why in your opinion it is not possible for an armchair sleuth to crack the case?

Catcha you later Davel.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5601 on: September 12, 2019, 06:09:38 PM »
What has the MET achieved under her stewardship deserving of a dame hood?  As you said they don't need to achieve or under achieve they simply receive a dame hood or knighthood as as part of the package.
I’m sure the Met must have achieved SOMETHING under her stewardship, but so what?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5602 on: September 12, 2019, 06:34:23 PM »

I agree Davel.

Holly's claim to have solved the case is ridiculous, especially since Amaral already solved it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5603 on: September 12, 2019, 06:37:03 PM »
At least she doesn’t have a conviction for violent assault, unlike “sir” Geoffrey Boycott l

Sir Geoffrey thoroughly deserves his knighthood for his services to cricket.

He is an absolute legend.

The greatest living Yorkshireman.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5604 on: September 12, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
What's not in the public domain that's relevant?

Just repeating something is ridiculous doesn't make it so.  Please set out your reasons explaining why in your opinion it is not possible for an armchair sleuth to crack the case?

Catcha you later Davel.

as Ive said before its possible for an armchair detective to have  a theory that fits ...that doesnt mean its true. There is no evidence in the public domain to enable anything to be proven with any real degree of certainty.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5605 on: September 12, 2019, 07:57:04 PM »
Sir Geoffrey thoroughly deserves his knighthood for his services to cricket.

He is an absolute legend.

The greatest living Yorkshireman.
Yes, just  as the greatest dead Yorkshireman Jimmy Savile deserved one for his selfless charity work. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5606 on: September 12, 2019, 10:38:41 PM »
I’m sure the Met must have achieved SOMETHING under her stewardship, but so what?

Yeah, so what?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5607 on: September 12, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »
I agree Davel.

Holly's claim to have solved the case is ridiculous, especially since Amaral already solved it.

No MM dead or alive.  No conviction(s)  *%87

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #5608 on: September 12, 2019, 10:45:54 PM »
At least she doesn’t have a conviction for violent assault, unlike “sir” Geoffrey Boycott l

No but she called it wrong over Jean Charles de Menezes resulting in the death of an innocent man.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5609 on: September 12, 2019, 11:06:57 PM »
No but she called it wrong over Jean Charles de Menezes resulting in the death of an innocent man.
Was she found guilty of any wrongdoing?